Five Diamonds camp invitees announced

Home Forum Australia Five Diamonds camp invitees announced

This topic contains 19 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  hiphop Mar 21, 2019 at 5:01 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ian

sevm

Would’ve loved to see Kate Eddy in that invitation.

Tully

I agree Eddy should be in there. Was more impressive over the weekend than Garrett and Jenner.

Koenen is interesting. Much improved yes but to this level? I’d have taken Glasgow.

Hadley had a great weekend so good to see that rewarded.

Clayhay

Bring back Braz!

netballcrazy1

I think those players deserve their call up but there are so many possibilities and so many players who performed remarkably over the weekend. But I think some of the players were performing but lacking SSN experience

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Koenen is the only surprise for me. She was ok during weekend but basic errors at times.
    Garbin deserves it more

Woodsy

I think the players selected as invities deserve their selection. While Glasgow was good, Koenen was more deserving. Eddy played well and maybe a tad unlucky. Brazil although deserving of selection is not on obviously on Alexander’s radar. Stanton was strong.

Ian

I worry about Koenen’s selection. Is she only there because of her height? When I say that, I mean was she given the nod ahead of other shooters simply because she’s taller than them?

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Aust love their taller shooters…

Tully

I worry about Koenen’s selection. Is she only there because of her height? When I say that, I mean was she given the nod ahead of other shooters simply because she’s taller than them?

Maybe that is it. She played well but had a lot of support around her unlike Stanton and Glasgow who had next to no support or experience around them and they held their teams attack together.

mcleod

Question for those in the know..

Is Kiera Austin a chance for the world cup team???

summerhill3

Question for those in the know..

Is Kiera Austin a chance for the world cup team???

I’d say yes. She has the court craft and timing of a shorter shooter, but at 185cm enough height that a good lean over the shot is less of an issue than it is for the shorter shooters. A decent rebounder, and can play across three positions.

I think CBass and Tippett have cemented their places, but Thwaites and Wood aren’t certainties – they were both quiet across the international season. I think a lot of it will come down to whether or not Austin can get court time in the SSN, and how Thwaites and Wood handle playing against the English and Jamaican defenders. Wood is perhaps fortunate that Pretorius is in her team, but both of them will have to perform against Mentor, Guscoth, Sterling and to a lesser extent Dehaney (and Thwaites against Maweni/Pretorius) to really nail down their places. Julie Fitzgerald has shown that she’s not afraid to rotate her players, so I do expect that Austin will get reasonable court time.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see CBass/Tippett/Wood/Austin or CBass/Tippett/Thwaites/Austin

Clayhay

Im not in the know really, but anything is possible.

If anything happens to the current top 4 such as an injury (CBass, Thwaites, Wood, Tippett) then sure why not.  There is Phillip, but she is not an international performer sadly, so she is the next one in the squad. depends on SSN form we havent seen yet too.

Austin plays both positions which helps, but she will lack combination experience with other Diamonds except prob CBass who she is newly in a team with.

LA seems to LOVE Wood too much IMO but if Kiera has a good season, Id consider her…

Clayhay

haha, Bingo SH

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Austin is good enough but i dont think she will make it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.