England's journey to netball Commonwealth Games gold

Home Forum United Kingdom England's journey to netball Commonwealth Games gold

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Nov 5, 2018 at 7:51 am.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Fluffy

Geva. She’s the secret. If she’s not there, they don’t win that game or pretty much any other big game.

She’s the only GK that can really put pressure on BOTH Caitlins. And it was her pressure over 4 quarters that eventually told on Fowler in the semi, otherwise England wouldn’t have even made the final.

Oh so true.  Someone wrap her in cotton wool.

Providing we have her and Ama (or Leila) at the back, and Jo (at GS) and Helen at the front, we should be fine….but I agree, definitely NO Kadeen.  That experiment has well and truly run its course.  I’d take George Fisher, if not for the “big time” occasion, then definitely for the experience – it worked well for Marg Caldow, when she blooded Jo at the World Champs as a teenager.

Ash72

Precisely Fluffy!

Also Neville took Helen to Glasgow CWG, where she didn’t perform her best but Neville managed her well and the experience undoubtedly made her more determined to beat the big teams: she looks so fierce whenever we play Australia!

Fisher needs the same experience.

Geva: if she goes down injured then all of the above is irrelevant?

Mooz

Precisely Fluffy!

Also Neville took Helen to Glasgow CWG, where she didn’t perform her best but Neville managed her well and the experience undoubtedly made her more determined to beat the big teams: she looks so fierce whenever we play Australia!

Fisher needs the same experience.

Geva: if she goes down injured then all of the above is irrelevant?

Wasn’t Anna Mayes the head coach of England at CWG 2014? And England’s disastrous fourth place finish resulted in Tracey Neville taking over as head coach?

boogieya

Please don’t get me started about Anna Mayes. Good technical coach just completely out of her depth on the International Stage with NO backup support it was shocking.

YES she was National Coach for CWG 2014 in Glasgow and the infamous semi finals against NZ where anybody with any knowledge of being a coach, doesn’t matter what sport, could see Kadeen might have been there in body but not in mind: right back to the warm up. I sat in the crowd watching that warmup, turned to my best mate and said ‘someone needs to take her aside and have a quiet word she is a loose cannon’.

⚫️⚪️

????????fan

Ash72

Oops sorry I actually meant 2015 world cup :redface:

Jinxibo

I think we have to give Anna Mayes a bit of credit she did get a number of Eng players to the next level and they didn’t lose to Aus and NZ by much.

TNev did bring HH through at Thunder and took a chance with Cobden, she expects and demands a lot from the VR.

I really hope she can build on this success :d_sunny:

Bluebird

I think we have to give Anna Mayes a bit of credit she did get a number of Eng players to the next level and they didn’t lose to Aus and NZ by much.

TNev did bring HH through at Thunder and took a chance with Cobden, she expects and demands a lot from the VR.

I really hope she can build on this success :d_sunny:

I agree. She was also coach for that 2013 Australia test whitewash.  Yes she should have subbed Corbin when it was clear the umpires were constantly calling her. But I do think Anna Stembridge deserves some credit for some of the winning mentality the Roses began to accrue.

Ian

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.