COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2019

Home Forum Australia COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2019

This topic contains 166 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  CharlesWB Dec 15, 2018 at 4:15 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Tully

I am a Firebirds fan, but really I am a Netball fan first and foremost and want to see all players succeed. I’m sure they will be alright but I just wouldn’t want all those players to be thrown out unnessarily. I’m worried because no announcements can often mean, a lot of signings will be new faces, and as much as I love movement and new faces, I don’t want Robinson to be pushed to retirement, or Garretts talent to be thrown away, or their best player to be snatched by another team that doesn’t need her as much (Giants).

I don’t think anyone is being pushed out. None of them have been announced elsewhere.

Also why the concern for Collingwood having their best player poached. They’ve never shown any concern for doing that to other teams.

NettySuperFan

okay, the concern is mostly about wanting Magpies to still be competitive. Rebuilding teams (Thunderbirds) have shown to not be too successful. Especially if they are not rebuilding with star studded line ups like Giants, Lightning and Magpies had in 2017.

Ian

They will be competitive. They’ll probably be more than competitive.

And so will Tbirds now as they’re going to have the 2 best new players in the competition.

netballcrazy1

Matilda Garrett has signed with Collingwood already.

SSN Player Movement

Tully

Same with Madi Robinson

netballnurd

I see that Vixens have just announced that Kumwenda is staying with the team so they have her on the roster but presumably will then bring in a training partner week by week until she’s ready. So of course that still opens the door to another shooter. Thwaites would be a great pick up if they can get her in as they only have Philip who is physically fit and can shoot at the moment!

Nelson is a great talent and think she had to step up too much at T.birds so hopefully if she’s got stronger support around her at Magpies that will help her. Robinson is a start but I think they need to not have the Rav/Rob combo again. Surprised to not have Braz but like you say maybe she’s going full on AFL? Especially with her buddies retiring.

One thing is for sure there is a LOT of change afoot. And that’s great to see how that works out.

JH

I wish Magpies would stop pussy footing around and just release the team 🙄

Ash Brazzil

Madi Robinson

Kim Rav

April Brandley

Matilda Garrett

Alice Teague-Neeld (Fever just need to confirm and let the Fever fans down some more)

Caitlin Thwaites (looks certain to be Vixens now)

anyone else?

Nat would be a great mentor for a young shooter like Nelson. I hope she’s going to the magpies and not Thunderbirds. But I just don’t see Nat in black and white haha.

Luvpav

Do not want Nat to be a Magpie!!

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Nelson is a great signing. So exciting. Tbirds looking to rebuild again.

TheBroadbean

I was wondering who Tbirds would get but it’s looking like Proscovia maybe?

JH

Do not want Nat to be a Magpie!!

It kinda seems the feasible option though right? She’s been there done that with the tbirds?

Ian

AM_nettylover

Happy to be proved wrong but I thought Rav would look elsewhere. They are outstanding individual players but really haven’t gelled well together, maybe Rob Wright will change that🤔🤔 curious to see who their GA will be… seems their GA woes continue!

JH

Happy to be proved wrong but I thought Rav would look elsewhere. They are outstanding individual players but really haven’t gelled well together, maybe Rob Wright will change that🤔🤔 curious to see who their GA will be… seems their GA woes continue!

Spot for Nat Medhurst!! I’d rather her at magpies than retiring. Kelsey Browne joining Magpies would be interesting to other Rav and her sister.

AM_nettylover

I hope Browne doesn’t join Magpies!! That would be weird as her or Robinson would end up on the bench

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.