COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2019

Home Forum Australia COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2019

This topic contains 165 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  boogieya Dec 14, 2018 at 7:40 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Scott

The Magpies have also released details of two practice matches.

1 February v Sunshine Coast Lightning 7pm in Hobart; and

23 February v Queensland Firebirds 3pm in Bendigo.

Looks like the Magpies are looking at increasing fan base but playing in a third region – Melbourne, Tasmania and now Bendigo.

snowy

They’ll be lucky to get lots of fans in Bendigo after the way they treated Bendigo’s favourite netballer – Caitlin Thwaites

hiphop

They’ll be lucky to get lots of fans in Bendigo after the way they treated Bendigo’s favourite netballer – Caitlin Thwaites

They will be there don’t worry

Ian

Abymum

I was wanting to renew my membership and waited for the details to come but what a disappointment as they don’t have any packages with reserved seats just a discount to book on the ticketek website which I find useless as there best available seats are never in a good location so have to fight each match to get our 8 seats together. My money may just have to go to the Vixens this year or stay at home and watch the matches. Imagine telling the Collingwood footy fans they can’t get reserved seats. Poor form Magpies.

CharlesWB

I was wanting to renew my membership and waited for the details to come but what a disappointment as they don’t have any packages with reserved seats just a discount to book on the ticketek website which I find useless as there best available seats are never in a good location so have to fight each match to get our 8 seats together. My money may just have to go to the Vixens this year or stay at home and watch the matches. Imagine telling the Collingwood footy fans they can’t get reserved seats. Poor form Magpies.

Their membership structure seems needlessly complicated. I just hope Firebirds don’t do something similar with move to their new venue next season.

JR

Wow that’s amazing they don’t reserve seats. I renewed my membership with Vixens yesterday. I have a reserved seat.

Why aren’t Collingwood doing reserved seats? How does that work?

CharlesWB

Apparently the configuration of their venue is changing and  whole areas of seating are not going to exist. But in reality I think it’ll mean a mad scramble before every game to try to get decent seats. Why any club would want  to put their *members* through that is beyond me.

netballmum

I also notice that Magpies think they are playing half of their home games at Hisense Arena (which was renamed middle of last year) and the other half at Melbourne Arena.

As to the reconfiguration of the seating, the court at Melbourne Arena is being turned through 90 degrees – so it will be as per Fast 5 & Quad Series – I don’t believe that any/many seats are being removed.

Vixens have coped with this, by reallocating their membership to the equivalent seats in the new orientation.

I’d suspect with the poor attendance at Magpies games last year this is an effort to fill blocks of seats for the TV cameras – but then I’m a biased Vixens member 😇

CharlesWB

All fair points. I was just relaying what Magpies said on their website. Not being a Melbournite I didn’t even know for sure if they & Vixens shared venues. It does seem needlessly (from a supporter POV) complicated.

minkie

The Magpies have also released details of two practice matches.

1 February v Sunshine Coast Lightning 7pm in Hobart; and

23 February v Queensland Firebirds 3pm in Bendigo.

Looks like the Magpies are looking at increasing fan base but playing in a third region – Melbourne, Tasmania and now Bendigo.

Wish Lightning were playing at Bendigo

JR

I also notice that Magpies think they are playing half of their home games at Hisense Arena (which was renamed middle of last year) and the other half at Melbourne Arena.

Hisense was renamed Melbourne Arena. The other venue is the Margaret Court Arena.

I didn’t realise they’d ‘swung’ the court around 90 degrees.

When I re-signed my Vixens membership on Friday I had to check where my allocated seat was as it wasn’t clear how many rows were in Section D and where the seat was along the very long row.  We have one game at Margaret Court and we’ll be allocated our seat for that game later.

caribou

In section D, seats 68 and 113 line up with the goal lines, the centre circle is midway between 91 and 92. Row D is closest to the court (at above court floor level), although there are some court level seats that would be closer.

Scott

It is very unusual that not only do the Magpies not have any reserved seat memberships but there are also no ticketed memberships at all for Melbourne members. (Bendigo Pass includes GA ticket to Bendigo game and Tasmania Pass includes reserved seat at Launceston game).

For those that don’t know, there are only three packages Centre Pass, Bendigo Pass and Tasmania Pass. All packages include pre-sale access to tickets, 30% of tickets to home games and exclusive ticket prices for double headers.

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.