COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2019

Home Forum Australia COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2019

This topic contains 165 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  boogieya Dec 14, 2018 at 7:40 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Jbss

Well that’s one signing. Interesting to see where everyone else fits around the spots left in teams.

Mooz

So either the rumour of Thwaites heading to the Vixens is true, or she will be playing GA for the Magpies  :eek:

thunder123

Thwaites played under Wright at Swifts, maybe doesn’t want to play under him again?

NettySuperFan

Yep this for me confirms Thwaites to Vixens. Kumwenda may not return to Vixens, after she recovers, she may just want to try a different club.

NettySuperFan

The fact that Magpies still haven’t signed any of their players from last year has me concerned. They knew they wouldn’t make finals for quite a few rounds before the final series, so conversation should of, and probably would of, been happening….but why has it taken so many weeks to name a player, and it isn’t even a previously contracted player. Concerned that none of them will return. Ash Brazil should be picked up, but she may just want to do AFL full time, seeing that she isn’t going to get a Diamonds call up. Rav should be dropped, or look for another club, Brandley isn’t the greatest but is decent and should be picked up again, as should Garrett. Teague-Neeld isn’t coming back either. Robinson should be signed, but with Kelsey rumoured to be joining Magpies, I’m concerned she won’t be!

netballcrazy1

I am very upset we lost Nelson, Thunderbirds brought her over here and I was hoping they would invest more in her before she was whisked away. She is an exciting player who I would want over any GS already developed, only make up in my eyes for this is if Medhurst comes to Adelaide

NettySuperFan

I am very upset we lost Nelson, Thunderbirds brought her over here and I was hoping they would invest more in her before she was whisked away. She is an exciting player who I would want over any GS already developed, only make up in my eyes for this is if Medhurst comes to Adelaide

I think Thunderbirds might be getting Peace Proscovia and she is certainly a better option. I really hope Medhurst comes to Adelaide too!

Tully

Yep this for me confirms Thwaites to Vixens. Kumwenda may not return to Vixens, after she recovers, she may just want to try a different club.

I see absolutely nothing that indicates MJ would want to leave Vixens. Everything indicates MJ and her teammates love Vixens.

nuts4netty

The fact that Magpies still haven’t signed any of their players from last year has me concerned

They may be signed but just not announced. Remember when they first launched and they did the big player reveal in a press conference but there wasn’t a single surprise as the team had already been leaked in full.

NettySuperFan

I see absolutely nothing that indicates MJ would want to leave Vixens. Everything indicates MJ and her teammates love Vixens.

Yep, I don’t see anything that would indicate she wants to leave either. But she is an international, and doesn’t really own anything to that club, and if Thwaites goes well Vixens, she may want to look at other options, for potentially more money.

Ian

Surely it’s just all about the injury? Makes perfect sense to get another big name in at GS.

Ian

The fact that Magpies still haven’t signed any of their players from last year has me concerned. They knew they wouldn’t make finals for quite a few rounds before the final series, so conversation should of, and probably would of, been happening….but why has it taken so many weeks to name a player, and it isn’t even a previously contracted player. Concerned that none of them will return. Ash Brazil should be picked up, but she may just want to do AFL full time, seeing that she isn’t going to get a Diamonds call up. Rav should be dropped, or look for another club, Brandley isn’t the greatest but is decent and should be picked up again, as should Garrett. Teague-Neeld isn’t coming back either. Robinson should be signed, but with Kelsey rumoured to be joining Magpies, I’m concerned she won’t be!

You’re not a Magpies fan, are you? Why are you so worried about them. Pretty sure they’ll be alright. And just because they haven’t had announcements, doesn’t mean they haven’t signed anyone.

NettySuperFan

I am a Firebirds fan, but really I am a Netball fan first and foremost and want to see all players succeed. I’m sure they will be alright but I just wouldn’t want all those players to be thrown out unnessarily. I’m worried because no announcements can often mean, a lot of signings will be new faces, and as much as I love movement and new faces, I don’t want Robinson to be pushed to retirement, or Garretts talent to be thrown away, or their best player to be snatched by another team that doesn’t need her as much (Giants).

Tully

Yep, I don’t see anything that would indicate she wants to leave either. But she is an international, and doesn’t really own anything to that club, and if Thwaites goes well Vixens, she may want to look at other options, for potentially more money.

I’d say it is all about covering MJ’s injury. For all we know Thwaites plans to retire post WC, certainly her generation that she grew up with all are. Or maybe she hated her year at Collingwood and wanted to move but not leave Melbourne and delayed having to do that for 12 months. Whatever the reason, Thwaites would have her reasons and Vixens will look after MJ.

it was netball Victoria and Peninsula VNL club that brought MJ to Australia to begin with. When the SSN started MJ was very open about not wanting to play for anyone but Vixens and them being her dream team.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.