Biggest Netball Influence

Biggest Netball Influence2019-01-23T09:42:05+10:00
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

This is from Boogieya….

Interested to get people’s perceptions on who they think has had the biggest influence on the World Netball scene to date. They can be from any back ground, players, coaches, officals, management. Who has helped lift the profile of netball to its present state where there are now 5 countries vying for top spot, 2 others who on their day could cause an upset and a few others who are within striking distance of making the top 10 teams.

I am going with NORMA PLUMBER and my reasoning is….

her longevity within the sport, her influence on Australia netball both at National Level and also club and state and now her achievement with the South Africa Proteas. Sorry Norma but I believe you are 74 and showing no signs of slowing down.

I would also like to mention from UK Mike Greenwood (Coach) who although I’ve never met his name is always mentioned with grass roots netball and the players he producers within the Manchester area. Then there is Bill Alexander (Umpire) whose has introduced many umpires and been around International Umpiring for years.

Maybe there are other names around the World that need a mention for their contribution or even fledgling  names who are and have always been helping to give Netball it’s profile that is now seeing its Status and recognition on the World Stage of Sport.

⚪️⚫️fan

????????supporter

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Go to Top