Beth Cobden update

Home Forum Australia Beth Cobden update

This topic contains 40 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Fluffy May 17, 2019 at 10:44 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Sadly, it is as expected. Ruptured ACL. Out for the year.

James

Devastating for Beth and also for Tbirds and England

If I was Tbirds I’d try and get Sokolich-Beatson as WD cover. Shimming is not a WD

thunder123

Such a shame for Cobden. Gia Abernathy is a name that springs to mind. She is back from the UK and can cover all 3 mid positions.

Ian

AM_nettylover

How many years was Beth’s contract with the Tbirds??

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Coming back too soon. Such awful news!

Clarke springs to mind as a replacement player.  Guthrie might also due to Obst.

Cullen…..

englishrose21

Gutted for Beth!!

I think Nat Panagarry would do well. She is Loughborough Lightning captain and has started the majority of the games at WD but can also play C. She’s had a great season and already has the connection with Sterling. They don’t need anymore defence they need experienced centre court players.

netballcrazy1

Such a blow for the Thunderbirds! I seriously hope she return next year considering her rehab will be in Adelaide too.

netballmad

I’m really disappointed for Cobden, but I’m really mad at support staff. Ok it’s not unheard of for players to return after 8 months, but every month after that the possibility of re-rupture is reduced by a considerable margin. Clearly she’s returned far to soon. It’s not rocket science but it is science.

AM_nettylover

I’m really disappointed for Cobden, but I’m really mad at support staff. Ok it’s not unheard of for players to return after 8 months, but every month after that the possibility of re-rupture is reduced by a considerable margin. Clearly she’s returned far to soon. It’s not rocket science but it is science.

Agree, especially as her right calf was tight in the quarter break before this happened. I’m devastated for her and hope she has an opportunity to play in Australia again, I rate her gameplay and she was key in England beating Australia at the Comm Games.  Have any netballers come back from 3 ACL’s?

foryoutwo

Absolutely devastating  for her. But as a replacement,  how about we look at all our amazing up and coming players to fill this gap. Let’s face it, defensively Thirds aren’t lacking and Shimmin should be able to  cover wd. I’d much rather see the training partner elevated and see an ANL player or a state league player elevated to training partner.

Ian

Charlee Hodges will be available soon if they want to go that way.

Really annoyed that as soon as there’s an injury, people keep bringing up all these international names. Shimmin is too good a player to be bench warming. Between her, Sterling, Guscoth and Petty, surely they can mostly cover the back 3 positions. Defence isn’t really their problem.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I hope they go for a local, but this is Tbirds…. 5 imports already

mcleod

Really annoyed that as soon as there’s an injury, people keep bringing up all these international names. Shimmin is too good a player to be bench warming. Between her, Sterling, Guscoth and Petty, surely they can mostly cover the back 3 positions. Defence isn’t really their problem.

Charlee has been disappointing for the Stars, but the non NZ style of defence will suit her, she looks a bit clueless against the Zone and space marking.

Maryann

Charlee has been disappointing for the Stars, but the non NZ style of defence will suit her, she looks a bit clueless against the Zone and space marking.

I think Folau will retire immediately after World Cup and Hodges will return to fill the space left by her going.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.