Australian Netball Awards 2018

Home Forum Australia Australian Netball Awards 2018

This topic contains 54 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  jabes Dec 13, 2018 at 9:26 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Really silly format this year. The Super Netball MVP… why was that not announced in grand final week and even at the GF???

And because they had that award tonight, they got rid of the Australian Super Netball player of the year. That would have been between Watson & Tippett and we never got to find out who it was! It just all seemed really strange and rushed. The whole thing was over in less than an hour I think.

Ian

Myao

should be taurua for suncorp coach of the year for me

Myao

yes should hv that australian netball super club player of the year, n give it to tippet

NettySuperFan

How the heck did Anstiss get WD of the year?? Brazil far and away won that, and i would even say Simpson and Lee-Price played better and more consistently that Anstiss.
    Also agree that Taurua was the better coach for the year, although she did have 3 weeks off for family so if it came down to that, i can understand. But I didnt think Stacey M was that great off a coach this year, they had a good starting team, but the game day ‘coaching decisions’ rarely worked as far as i can remember. They are the two i cant agree with, and it might seem im just hating on Fever, but i just cant see what either of them did to deserve it. I dont believe a coaching award should be given to a coach wholey based on the success of their team, but on the success of their tactical decisions in when t/o’s are called and what substitutions are made.

Ian

Raz99

But if they had the ‘Australian Super Netball Player’ of the year award it makes it sound like that ‘Super Netball Player’ of the year is an award only for the imports. To me it makes sense to combine it into one award. Although, some type of leaderboard would have been nice so that we could actually see who the top performing Australian was.

Ian

But what I’m talking about is they shouldn’t have the SSN MVP tonight. They should announce it in grand final week and present it at the GF. Then tonight they have a separate award just for the best Australian player in the SSN. They could well end up being the same player, but that’s the way it goes.

And yes I agree. No matter what method they use, just give us a leaderboard please!

Luvpav

Was Jess Anstiss even there?

Ian

Haven’t seen any shots of her, and I’m pretty sure Fowler wasn’t there. Why would she be? It’s the Australian netball awards. Hence why I can’t work out why they announced her award tonight and not GF week when they could have presented it to her.

Ian

Myao

hands down,queen of WD for Suncorp 2018

ASH BRAZILL. wake up selectors/voters.

Ian

Tully

But what I’m talking about is they shouldn’t have the SSN MVP tonight. They should announce it in grand final week and present it at the GF. Then tonight they have a separate award just for the best Australian player in the SSN. They could well end up being the same player, but that’s the way it goes.

And yes I agree. No matter what method they use, just give us a leaderboard please!

Completely agree. SSN player of the year / League MVP in GF week or after GF. Then an Australian SSN player of the year at the Netball Australia Awards.

Anstiss wasn’t there. A Diamonds squad member, WYC player and whether you agree or not WD of the year. Yet stacey Francis was there? I know there is a lot of love for the imports on here but this was the Netball Australia Awards and should be the night of nights for Australia’s best to celebrate.

EastWest

Poor planning perhaps, but Jess is on holiday in NZ.

While I agree there could be some awards presented during/at the immediate completion of the SSN, each team would be allocated a certain amount of tickets and I guess it comes down to who is available aside from actual capped Diamonds. As far as SSN goes, the imports have contributed to the success of SSN and Netball Australia as a whole in the past two seasons and should have the opportunity to celebrate as much as any other player.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.