ANZ Pre-Season

Home Forum New Zealand ANZ Pre-Season

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Feb 6, 2019 at 7:51 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    TrentA

I’m really intrigued to see who will be the back up GA for the Steel as I don’t think TP will be able to play every minute of every game this season.

TPSR will play nearly every game. She has to and do well to push for WCs. And if she wants a WC place she will have  to improved in fitness to where Taurua wants her to be. Heffernan is ok, but unless she picks up her accuracy she is a liability.

Of course Potgeiter could always partner with O’Connell.

McLeod I’m interested to know if Courtney Elliott played at all. Steel posted starting line-ups and THRSR and Erwood were the two defenders.

mcleod

I’m really intrigued to see who will be the back up GA for the Steel as I don’t think TP will be able to play every minute of every game this season.

TPSR will play nearly every game. She has to and do well to push for WCs. And if she wants a WC place she will have to improved in fitness to where Taurua wants her to be. Heffernan is ok, but unless she picks up her accuracy she is a liability.

Of course Potgeiter could always partner with O’Connell.

McLeod I’m interested to know if Courtney Elliott played at all. Steel posted starting line-ups and THRSR and Erwood were the two defenders.

Elliot is the one with the black soxs??, If so yip she got court time, and TP S-R has come way to go to get back in the Ferns IMO.  Brooke Leaver was the better GA in both teams.  She is a good shooter when wants to be.  Tactix will miss Tem no doubt. But I think their best combo is Lloyd at GK and Jane at GD.  If Poi is played more at WA, they will get that ball into the GS quicker.

starsfan

I went to the Mystics vs Stars game. Great game from the Stars. Their combinations in the attacking end are strong. The talk of the day was Bubby. A crowd favourite and as dynamic as ever. Played first 3 quarters at C – she brings a lot of stability and leadership on court. The other player that shone was the young Ruelu Buchanan. Didn’t see much of her last year and never seen her live until yesterday. She played a full game at WA and boy – what a star. If she continues to play like she did yesterday, she could be a bolter into the Ferns. They desperately need a WA! Cullen looking good too as did Fowler and Wilson. As for the Mystics, too much flair and not enough control. They have some good players but their coach just doesn’t seem to be able to get the best out of them.

thunder123

How did Charlee Hodges go?

foryoutwo

What are the Pulse doing in Brisbane? Anyone know lol

Not sure if they will play lightning or firebirds, but they played 2 games against the fusion and 1 against the 19s squad .

Souness is so speedy and Ek is just so pretty to watch play. She really plays for her team and works circle rotation. And all 3 shooters can jump so high! Fusion game wasn’t great yesterday, but today’s was a lot better so gave the Pulse more competition.

The 19s did really well against them considering they are still squad level.

starsfan

She played well. Came on in the second half. She’s fast and formed a good combo with Wilson. I like her a lot – brings something unique to the court.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

McLeod, how did the Beko girls go?
    And how did Fletcher, Glenn and Woollett go for Tactix?

Ian

That’s a wrap! Final score 58-53 to your Steel. Thanks Tactix for running a great pre-season tournament and all the best…

Posted by Southern Steel on Saturday, 2 February 2019

mcleod

McLeod, how did the Beko girls go?

And how did Fletcher, Glenn and Woollett go for Tactix?

Didn’t watch the Beko games, Fletcher did ok for the Tactix.  Charlotte Elley was missing for both games, not sure why will find out.

Ian

Whangārei sees netball masterclass between Northern Mystics and Northern Stars https://www.nzherald.co.nz/northern-advocate/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503448&objectid=12200806

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.