Air Should Be Cleared If Folau Plays For Ferns

Home Forum New Zealand Air Should Be Cleared If Folau Plays For Ferns

This topic contains 49 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Ian May 15, 2019 at 3:53 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    JR

does this mean she shares the same views…I think not

Dissy, did you read Maria’s tweet in response to what he said last year? Get the facts then post. I’m a fan of Maria and am very grateful she kept fingers off keypad this time.

nuts4netty

Send a Message Member since: Oct 7, 2013 Dissy wrote: does this mean she shares the same views…I think not Dissy, did you read Maria’s tweet in response to what he said last year? Get the facts then post. I’m a fan of Maria and am very grateful she kept fingers off keypad this time.

If Maria wants to support her hubby then that is her right and who knows if she is breaching any contracts with NNZ with doing so publicly.

My issue was the timing of her support.  Last year she waited around 10 days before she “said” anything and then dropped her Instagram post the night before the Comm Games semi final. To me it showed a lack of respect for her teammates and what they  all needed to get done.

minkie

Nuts4netty  yup 100% correct

Outcome was horrendous

JR

I agree she can support him, especially knowing what the consequence may be for her professionally and her fans personally….my issue was with Dissy’s comment about sharing the same views.

JR

I agree she can support him, especially knowing what the consequence may be for her professionally and her fans personally….my issue was with Dissy’s comment about sharing the same views.

Dissy

oes this mean she shares the same views…I think not,but she will be loyal to him because she is married to him and believes in him..

JR  you need to go back and read what I wrote……I didn’t say she shares the same views and I’m not referring to what she said last year…..I think everyone here needs to calm the farm and let situation unfold and stop pre- empting what she is going to do….I’m sure she understands the situation he has placed her in……

minkie

Back tracking there Dissy

PS we’re allowed opinions, that’s what this place is for lol

Pardalote

Israel’s hearing is today

minkie

Yeah turned down 1 mil

Going for 3 mil

Never forget seeing a live broadcast of him last year assuring everyone if he ‘ever brought the game into disrepute he would walk away from rugby’.

Guess money speaks louder than your word.

mcleod

Yeah turned down 1 mil

Going for 3 mil

Never forget seeing a live broadcast of him last year assuring everyone if he ‘ever brought the game into disrepute he would walk away from rugby’.

Guess money speaks louder than your word.

As the great Ian Roberts said, Israel only cares about the money.

Pardalote

And that is the real point about Folau’s ‘right to free speech’: He is not a club rugby player mouthing off in the pub; he has taken a poultice of money from his employer, who has been clear in the contract where they agreed to give him more money than many of us will earn in a lifetime that there were certain off field behaviours they expected in return for that, frankly, obscene amount of money. If he wants to be able to play rugby and say and do whatever he wants he can go back to playing for free.

mcleod

2 months out from the Netball WC, and it seems the The Folau saga isn’t going to go away in a hurry.  I will be keeping a eye on what Maria does on Saturday and the following game.  Her mind certainly wasn’t on Netball last Sunday, and with being with hubby on Tuesday night, while the Tbirds trained, to me shows she isn’t 100% committed to Netball.

netballcrazy1

2 months out from the Netball WC, and it seems the The Folau saga isn’t going to go away in a hurry. I will be keeping a eye on what Maria does on Saturday and the following game. Her mind certainly wasn’t on Netball last Sunday, and with being with hubby on Tuesday night, while the Tbirds trained, to me shows she isn’t 100% committed to Netball.

I don’t think this is any proof that Folau isn’t 100% committed to netball. Maybe she isn’t committed but this is definitely not something to use against her, this is her PARTNER FOR LIFE. We shouldn’t be criticising her support of her partner while he possibly loses his career (the reason does not mater) she is supporting her husband so I think she like anyone else would be exempt from training for a few days in such extenuating circumstances.
    <!–more–>

minkie

Netballcrazy your country won last year didnt it?

Ours didn’t.  It was a shambles.  Remember and that was awful for fans who witnessed it all, every single game.

Maria’s only human and this has to affect her like it did same time, same place last year.

While most of us Kiwis know winning gold is like seeing pigs fly.  We want ALL of our players to be at there very best, without worries from outside.

This Izzy saga isn’t going away and is just getting worse everyday.

I know myself if something’s happening in my husband’s life it affects and distracts me from mine.  Izzy and Maria can’t even go out for coffee without the media chasing them for quotes/pictures.

NZChampion

Well said minkie.

She’s playing good netball right now, so that’s the main thing. Stats could be slightly better, but her volume and court work is pretty good. Right now that’s all that matters.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Air Should Be Cleared If Folau Plays For Ferns’ is closed to new replies.