ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

Home Forum Australia ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

This topic contains 389 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jun 16, 2019 at 12:06 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 390 total)
  • Author
    netballcrazy1

I don’t mind them bringing in a replacement internationally for Cobden. There are no WDs that would be able to play in this league that are in SA, and for such a quick decision needed to be made, trying to get a young player from interstate would be incredibly difficult. Midcoast is weak at the moment even though Altmann played pretty well on the weekend, they need WD to be strong especially if Petty isn’t being played there for some reason.

hiphop

And they wonder why players like Turner Klau Proud are choosing to commit to Swifts than go home to Adelaide……

I really don’t think they are desperate to have Klau or Turner back, probably Proud, but I think they are much happier with defence end they have now.

So the Tbirds win yesterday, the young WD plays the full 60min, does a good job, and they bring in a South African. Seriously no wonder Lisa A wants a cap on imports.

Not sure if you actually watched the game, but the young WD who played 60min actually did really bad and was in negative NNP pretty much the whole game (like -30 or something) and really should’ve been replaced, and I’m not sure why she wasn’t. Shadine will make a massive difference for them! FAR better than Nankivell.

Klau, Proud and Turner are in starting positions in Sydney so there isn’t that incentive to come home. Every year there are thousands of young South Australians who head to Sydney or Melbourne for career opportunities and to experience living in the big cities so I can understand why they don’t want to come back when they are being well looked after in Sydney.

And while Maisie did her best, she wasn’t a world beater and sprayed more than a handful of passes. She needs to go back to ANL and build up again after this experience. She has potential but she has a lot of work to do. She is legitimately a much better WA and I’m hoping she continues to be a training partner next year. There are no WD in SA banging down the door for their opportunity.

ahdz

I wonder if they’d look at bringing Cullen over since she isn’t going to the WC?

mcleod

I wonder if they’d look at bringing Cullen over since she isn’t going to the WC?

They prob want a player who plays a full game….

Flb

Ian

Thanks. But we already posted all about this yesterday. No worries.

Flb

Really, I can’t see it anywhere on my feed? Sorry Ian. I thought it was odd it wasn’t there. Anyhow, if it is duplication please feel free to delete it.

Ian

Nah, all good.

We may not have posted the SSN article, but we posted the signing announcement and the Tbirds article etc etc. Go back to the previous page.

TrentA

So  Shimmin gets to watch another Import take the court.

I know she’s primarily a GD/GK  but tjus must really rankle. Surely she could’ve covered this loss?

Having said that she wasn’t used in the last game at all. Was she on the bench, I didn’t notice.

NettySuperFan

So Shimmin gets to watch another Import take the court.

I know she’s primarily a GD/GK but tjus must really rankle. Surely she could’ve covered this loss?

Having said that she wasn’t used in the last game at all. Was she on the bench, I didn’t notice.

Yes she was on the bench. She really should have come on in WD, she wouldve had a better impact then Nankivell. I think Obst is a firm believer in not playing people out of position. As to Shadine coming in, Thunderbirds have the money to pay for a big name, why not try to maximise this, either way, I don’t think Shimmin wouldve got much time on court in WD anyway.

Ian

Ian

Bluebird

After all the commentator chat about Haythornthwaite at Swifts, perhaps we might see a move to Tbirds next season?

nanator

With Maria Folau gone next year, they should have some big $$ to attract 1 or 2 bigger names to boost that midcourt

I’m also hoping that Altman/Petty will find their place and develop further within the Tbirds, similar to how the players did at Swifts. Need stability and long term plan.

Jbss

I think Tbirds should get Hodges back next year but maybe they’ll go for Austin.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 390 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.