ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

Home Forum Australia ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

This topic contains 454 replies, has 67 voices, and was last updated by  mcleod Sep 7, 2019 at 9:37 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 455 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Ian

Round 5: Thunderbirds 54 def Firebirds 51

https://adelaidethunderbirds.com.au/news/match-report/round-5-match-report

Score Breakdown
    Q1: Thunderbirds 15 vs Firebirds 13
    Q2: Thunderbirds 16 vs Firebirds 13
    Q3: Thunderbirds 13 vs Firebirds 11
    Q4: Thunderbirds 10 vs Firebirds 14

Suncorp Super Netball Premiership Points
    Adelaide Thunderbirds – 7
    Queensland Firebirds – 1

Player of the Match
    Chelsea Pitman – Adelaide Thunderbirds

Adelaide Thunderbirds Starting Seven
    GS: Sasha Glasgow, GA: Maria Folau, WA: Chelsea Pitman, C: Kelly Altmann, WD: Maisie Nankivell, GD: Layla Guscoth, GK: Shamera Sterling

Melbourne Vixens Starting Seven
    GS: Amy Sommerville, GA: Gretel Tippett, WA: Caitlyn Nevins, C: Mahalia Cassidy, WD: Gabi Simpson, GD: Tara Hinchcliffe, GK: Laura Clemesha

Adelaide Thunderbirds Shooting Statistics
    Sasha Glasgow 28/32 (88%)
    Maria Folau 26/34 (76%)

Queensland Firebirds Shooting Statistics
    Amy Sommerville 6/10 (60%)
    Gretel Tippett 27/28 (96%)
    Abigail Latu-Meafou 18/22 (82%)

Quotes
    Tania Obst, Head Coach, Adelaide Thunderbirds

“I thought that we were in control of the game for a majority of it, I think except for a six minute period at the start of the last quarter, I did feel that we were in control. That just shows what Suncorp Super Netball is all about. If you’re not on your game or you have a slip, teams come back and will score, and will hurt you. I am really pleased that we were able to regroup, stand up, execute some awesome passes, get the ball back and score.”

“I thought there was some good play, some our centre pass execution was great, some of our through court attack was better, and can be better. Ultimately, we’re still learning as a team and as a group, and I thought what we put out there wasn’t too bad.”

“I’m not sure that relief is the word, but I’m really pleased for the girls because they have been so close in so many games. We weren’t happy with what we did last week, that isn’t the brand of netball that we want to be known for. We have been close in other games and this was validation that what we are actually working on at training does work.”

On Sasha Glasgow:
    “I think she is still learning her craft down there, she’s still presenting. I think Chelsea and Maria are also bringing her into the game well. Again, there are some things we still want to be working on with her but I thought it was a pretty servicable game from her.

On Maisie Nankivell:
    “She did really well, we’ve been really pleased with her ability to execute the game plan and her style of play is what we probably want there at that WD. I thought Maisie did really well. There are some learnings for her but ultimately I think she did a pretty good job.

On the Kelly Altmann and Hannah Petty swap:
    “This is a new competition for Kel (Kelly Altmann), she’s running out a half really well and we’ll keep pushing her there. Hannah is entering games really well and I thought she actually did some really good stuff. There will be some learning for her at the start of the last quarter but I think they’re complimenting each other in those roles.

Next Match
    Suncorp Super Netball Round 6
    Adelaide Thunderbirds vs GIANTS Netball
    Sunday 2 June 2019 @ 2:30pm ACST
    Qudos Bank Arena, NSW

Jax

I find it baffling that Petty is not in WD. She started her career as one, before moving across into C. Whereas Maisie has always been a WA predominantly, learning the craft at C.

netballcrazy1

Yeah Maisie at WD makes no sense to me, Petty would od better there and Pitman, Altmann, and Maisie for C/WA

Ian

NettySuperFan

WOW another South African signing in Australia. That is two in one week! Shadine van der Merwe is a great inclusion! Her and Potgeiter will really benifit from this exposure before World Cup.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Great for SA netball! But got to feel for all those talented Aus players coming through.

Waylay

classic t’birds. But a fantastic opportunity for Van Der Merwe. Would be nice to see Petty at WD and Altman in C. Obst seems to like Petty as a C/WA though

NettySuperFan

TACTIXSUPPORTER

And they wonder why players like Turner Klau Proud are choosing to commit to Swifts than go home to Adelaide……

mcleod

So the Tbirds win yesterday, the young WD plays the full 60min, does a good job, and they bring in a South African.  Seriously no wonder Lisa A wants a cap on imports.

NettySuperFan

And they wonder why players like Turner Klau Proud are choosing to commit to Swifts than go home to Adelaide……

I really don’t think they are desperate to have Klau or Turner back, probably Proud, but I think they are much happier with defence end they have now.

So the Tbirds win yesterday, the young WD plays the full 60min, does a good job, and they bring in a South African. Seriously no wonder Lisa A wants a cap on imports.

Not sure if you actually watched the game, but the young WD who played 60min actually did really bad and was in negative NNP pretty much the whole game (like -30 or something) and really should’ve been replaced, and I’m not sure why she wasn’t. Shadine will make a massive difference for them! FAR better than Nankivell.

Jbss

<script async=”” src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Called it, what’s my prize?

And yes four imports per team per season should be the rule imo, maybe even three.

Ian

mcleod

Yes I watched the game yesterday, she played better than Pitman who got MVP with 8 turnovers, 4 poor passes that resulted in intercepts.

The Net points mean very little.  Pitman only got 5.5 of them whatever that means.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 455 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.