ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

Home Forum Australia ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

This topic contains 409 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jun 29, 2019 at 9:02 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 410 total)
  • Author
    Ian

ROUND 3 MATCH REPORT

https://adelaidethunderbirds.com.au/news/match-report/round-3-match-report

Tania Obst, Head Coach, Adelaide Thunderbirds

“To keep the Vixens to 58 goals, that is very good and I think we were unlucky in maybe not getting some more turnover.I think that is superb and now we just need to look at how we score off those turnovers when we do get them, and then making sure that we do score off our own centre passes.”

“I think in this competition you can’t have moments where if you don’t score off your centre pass, if your centre pass is broken and you’re unable to break the opposition’s centre pass, you’re going to have those moments where it blows out.”

“For all of that game, we probably had two or three minutes within each quarter, maybe a little bit more in the second, where we’re allowing our opposition to maybe dig into the lead and we’re unable to hold it off. It’s maybe an experience thing and learnings for us because I think it’s perhaps more out skill execution rather than our not being able to play through whatever it is that’s out there.”

“Each quarter was really competitive and we’re able to at this point in time go for around seven or eight minutes and then we’ll just have a little bit of a mistake and a mistake costs you at this league. They are learning, I keep challenging them to come back and they actually did for most of those quarters, they did come back and they didn’t allow it to blow out completely quarter by quarter. I think that showed a lot of character.”

“I really did challenge them on their ability to come back into quarters because they’re not a team that is just going to lay down and die. I think there were some good things in there, I really do, and it’s now just tidying up some of that stuff so that we can put some more goals through the ring.”

On Beth Cobden’s injury:
    “It didn’t look great, obviously, I haven’t seen her since it happened and we’ll just get it scanned and make some comments after we’ve had that.”

On Chelsea Pitman’s injury:
    “I believe it is (a calf), she did come up to me and said that she’s feeling better already, so I’m not sure what that means but we’ll get that scanned as well and make some comment around that later.”

Ian

Ian

Marksa7

Some name!

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Good on them for going local!

NettySuperFan

Good on them for going local!

Emphasis on ‘temporary’. Its good they are going local, but with 11 more rounds of netball to play, they are probably going to look for a similarly skilled player to join them as soon as possible. So if Cobden is out, is she no longer paid, and does her salary go to the replacement player?

Ian

Tully

Nankivell played AFLW for the Crows

netballcrazy1

Pretty sure with the SSN that injured players still get their pay or at least some of it.

mcleod

Pretty sure with the SSN that injured players still get their pay or at least some of it.

Would hope so, surely they are not tossed out, sent packing without pay.  They are under contract, maybe things are different in Australia.

Teish

Would hope so, surely they are not tossed out, sent packing without pay. They are under contract, maybe things are different in Australia.

I’m 98% sure that part of the initial SSN contract negotiations was that there is an insurance policy that covers their salary should they be injured. Injured players represent their club in promotions and clinics etc whilst they’re rehabilitating. Therefore even though they’re not playing they’re involved with activities so not to feel isolated.

NettySuperFan

Would hope so, surely they are not tossed out, sent packing without pay. They are under contract, maybe things are different in Australia.

I’m 98% sure that part of the initial SSN contract negotiations was that there is an insurance policy that covers their salary should they be injured. Injured players represent their club in promotions and clinics etc whilst they’re rehabilitating. Therefore even though they’re not playing they’re involved with activities so not to feel isolated.

So how to they get money to pay the replacement player because isn’t each team given a specific amount each year to pay players??

NettySuperFan

Also, just read in the Advertiser that Tania Obst isn’t ruling out bringing in someone ‘outside SA’ including internationals, because she ideally wants a ‘like for like’ player. Which just confirms what I thought they would be thinking

jabes

So how to they get money to pay the replacement player because isn’t each team given a specific amount each year to pay players??

The club’s insurance covers the injured player’s salary, which frees up their salary under the salary cap to be spent on a replacement.

NettySuperFan

The club’s insurance covers the injured player’s salary, which frees up their salary under the salary cap to be spent on a replacement.

Right, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.