ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

Home Forum Australia ADELAIDE THUNDERBIRDS 2019

This topic contains 277 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Dec 12, 2018 at 2:05 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    NettySuperFan

Personally I think we will see Folau at GS Lange GA more.

Petty is the main C right ?

Sterling Shimmin will be a force down the back.

Folau does not like playing GS, but yes I agree we might see that few times throughout the season, but I think GS Glasgow GA Folau will be the starting combo. Petty would be the main C…. if Cobden wasn’t there. If Cobden is ready to go from Round 1, Petty will probably see a bit competition for that C spot, because Guscoth, Shimmin and Sterling should all be on court, which would push Cobden to C. And yes Sterling and Shimmin will be great to watch, I can’t even imagine how many blocks they get. They both have great pressure over the shot and are know for putting doubt in the shooters mind due to there blocking prowess.

Mooz

Folau does not like playing GS, but yes I agree we might see that few times throughout the season, but I think GS Glasgow GA Folau will be the starting combo. Petty would be the main C…. if Cobden wasn’t there. If Cobden is ready to go from Round 1, Petty will probably see a bit competition for that C spot, because Guscoth, Shimmin and Sterling should all be on court, which would push Cobden to C. And yes Sterling and Shimmin will be great to watch, I can’t even imagine how many blocks they get. They both have great pressure over the shot and are know for putting doubt in the shooters mind due to there blocking prowess.

WD is easily Cobden’s best position, so I highly doubt they will play her anywhere else. I imagine it will be Petty and Altmann used at C.

NettySuperFan

WD is easily Cobden’s best position, so I highly doubt they will play her anywhere else. I imagine it will be Petty and Altmann used at C.

Yes I would agree that WD is easily Cobden’s best position. But how is Obst going to squeeze Guscoth, Shimmin and Sterling into two positions. It really comes down to whether WA Pittman, C Petty, WD Cobden, GD Guscoth/Shimmin, GK Sterling is better than WA Pittman, C Cobden, WD Guscoth, GD Shimmin, GK Sterling. Both are really good line-ups though.

Tully

I hope that Shimmin is the captain. Has so much passion for the Thunderbirds and is the exact type of player that Obst could build this team around for the next 5 years. I definitely don’t fall in the Shimmin love camp that think she should be in the Australian squad / team but in regards to being the Thunderbirds captain she is in my opinion the best woman for the role.

hiphop

Yes I would agree that WD is easily Cobden’s best position. But how is Obst going to squeeze Guscoth, Shimmin and Sterling into two positions. It really comes down to whether WA Pittman, C Petty, WD Cobden, GD Guscoth/Shimmin, GK Sterling is better than WA Pittman, C Cobden, WD Guscoth, GD Shimmin, GK Sterling. Both are really good line-ups though.

I would expect the coach to put the best players in those positions on court, rather than squeezing players into their non-preferred position to get them on court. Cobden needs to be on at WD. Petty was really strong in C in the last few rounds last season.

NettySuperFan

I think you make a really good point hiphop! Petty is a really good centre, and her defence around the circle edge is excellent. She really gives my Gabby Simpson vibes with her physical and athletic style of play. If she can have a successful season with Thunderbirds next year, I think she could well be in the running for Diamonds in that centre position, along with Anstiss and Price. I believe she captained the NWYC team last year, so obviously she is an amazing player with leadership qualities. Its just going to be sad for either Guscoth or Shimmin to be sitting on the bench when they are both such great talents. I have a feeling Shimmin may get the start in GD, but be replaced during some of the games by Guscoth as Shimmin’s fitness at the moment isn’t great (but I’m sure she will be looking to improve that over the pre-season).

EastWest

It’s a very versatile defensive end. I’m surw Obst will settle on something but she also has great impact players. I think the odd quarter with Shimmin at WD would really shake the opposition up.

hiphop

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-09-28/aflw-crows-secure-final-rookie

Not news directly from the Thunderbirds but this story says Maisie Nankivell will be a Thunderbirds training partner next year.

Ian

Tania Obst introduction part 1

Adelaide Thunderbirds Head Coach Tania Obst speaks about returning to the club and her vision for the team."I'm really looking forward to our South Australian based athletes gelling with the internationals and putting out a brand of netball that makes supporters and members want to watch us play, but is also going to make us successful and win games" – Tania Obst. Register for a 2019 Adelaide Thunderbirds Membership here: https://adelaidethunderbirds.com.au/membership/register-your-interest/

Posted by Adelaide Thunderbirds on Wednesday, 26 September 2018

albinogiraffe

Cobden will start at WD but I suspect Obst will use the season to expose and develop her at C too.

GDB

Have heard from a very close source that Folau is going to be based in Sydney and only fly around for games. She has a training schedule she needs to do in Sydney and will fly in to Adelaide every now and then for certain things.

netballcrazy1

Have heard from a very close source that Folau is going to be based in Sydney and only fly around for games. She has a training schedule she needs to do in Sydney and will fly in to Adelaide every now and then for certain things.

That pisses me off, whatta a team culture

CharlesWB

If this is true, I think Tbirds fans should be appalled. How can you build team culture when one player is doing it FIFO?

Turningpoint

If this is true, I think Tbirds fans should be appalled. How can you build team culture when one player is doing it FIFO?

Even worse.

The SF game plan will require so much effort. Maria will need a court holiday come game time for Adelaide.

minkie

Have heard from a very close source that Folau is going to be based in Sydney and only fly around for games. She has a training schedule she needs to do in Sydney and will fly in to Adelaide every now and then for certain things.

All I can is ‘I’m sorry’.

Dont know if you followed the Mystics but it just doesnt work.  Was a nightmare for us and even thou I’m sad to see Maria go, I’m glad its over.

If youre in team you need to be there every day of training, not in another state, not on skype blah blah.

Its really not fair on the other players, plus your strangers, you’ll never gel.

Sorry abit of doom and gloom.  😣

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.