3 years to the Birmingham Commonwealth Games…

Home Forum United Kingdom 3 years to the Birmingham Commonwealth Games…

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  madforit Aug 15, 2019 at 10:04 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Fluffy

Ah, they’ve been sent to Coventry!

How far apart are they?

You said it- i thought it.! I now need to ask Ms Google about the origins of that saying! Good question – how far is Coventry from Birmingham? I wasn’t able to get to Liverpool for the World Cup but it may be a good target to go to the  Commonwealth Games in Birmingham/Coventry!

The Olympic shooting was at the Royal Artillery in Woolwich – you can’t have people just charging round the country with guns!  From memory, Bisley is the national shooting range (I think the army has ranges there too) so it’s probably closest.

Birmingham’s about 20 miles from Coventry – it’s certainly better connected by trains than Manchester – Liverpool, but it’s still relying on good ol’ British railways to work:  don’t say we haven’t warned you!  😉

madforit

I can’t say that I’ve struggled to get to Liverpool from Manchester on the train.. and I go a fair bit for the football. Now if we’re talking the M62 and the near constant roadworks…..

But anyway.. I’m not sure why they can’t use either of the 2 arenas in Birmingham for the netball. It’s crazy. Instead we’ll trek everyone down to a convention centre that holds, what, 5000 people if that! For what is usually one of the most popular sports at the CWG that’s wrong. Clearly the organisers don’t care all that much.

Fluffy

I can’t say that I’ve struggled to get to Liverpool from Manchester on the train.. and I go a fair bit for the football. Now if we’re talking the M62 and the near constant roadworks…..

But anyway.. I’m not sure why they can’t use either of the 2 arenas in Birmingham for the netball. It’s crazy. Instead we’ll trek everyone down to a convention centre that holds, what, 5000 people if that! For what is usually one of the most popular sports at the CWG that’s wrong. Clearly the organisers don’t care all that much.

Or a well known TV pundit has more sway on the subject than the practicalities of being in the centre of Birmingham?  As you say, Brum has two great arenas for netball….why not use them?!

madforit

Precisely.

Not much sense here at all.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.