2020 ANZ Premiership signings

Home Forum New Zealand 2020 ANZ Premiership signings

This topic contains 219 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Sep 10, 2019 at 2:32 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    TACTIXSUPPORTER

Flames had the players to win a few championships but didnt perform when they needed too.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I am looking forward to seeing some new combos.

Mikaere Fowler
    Bird SRicket
    Jury Rore
    Fitzpatrick Karaka SB!
    Wilson and Naoupu

TrentA

Based on the above, I think the Tactix and Mystics are better than last year. Pulse slightly down, Magic much the same and the Stars and Steel worse. I predict the Pulse, Tactix and Mystics to take the finals.

A shame Metuarau hasn’t moved as she would be a starting player at the Stars or Steel.

Steel worse?

Swap one Intl GA for another and O’Connell returns to GS otherwise everyone else is the same. It’s like deja vu. Predictions of 2018 failure after Fowler and Watson left and that turned out very well.

So, yep by all means right them off. But do so at your peril.

If Bloxham has any sense she’ll have Wilkins working in the background with her shooters, Frew helping out with the midcourt and THRSR can carry on mentoring Erwood and Fafita.

I will concede that a lot will ride on the O’Connell/McCollin combination. But I’m hoping McCollin arrives as soon as possible so they can do a full pre season together.

Now I’ll sit back and quietly wait for Steel to go all the way in ’20. 😁

Nesian

Based on the above, I think the Tactix and Mystics are better than last year. Pulse slightly down, Magic much the same and the Stars and Steel worse. I predict the Pulse, Tactix and Mystics to take the finals.

A shame Metuarau hasn’t moved as she would be a starting player at the Stars or Steel.

Steel worse?

Swap one Intl GA for another and O’Connell returns to GS otherwise everyone else is the same. It’s like deja vu. Predictions of 2018 failure after Fowler and Watson left and that turned out very well.

So, yep by all means right them off. But do so at your peril.

If Bloxham has any sense she’ll have Wilkins working in the background with her shooters, Frew helping out with the midcourt and THRSR can carry on mentoring Erwood and Fafita.

I will concede that a lot will ride on the O’Connell/McCollin combination. But I’m hoping McCollin arrives as soon as possible so they can do a full pre season together.

Now I’ll sit back and quietly wait for Steel to go all the way in ’20. 😁

I’d agree with them being worse this coming season. When you lose one of the most accurate GS’s going around in Potgieter it’s going to be hard to replace.  Are we going to get the O’Connell of 2018 or the one that came on briefly in 2019 and looked apprehensive and shot poorly this season? Is McCollin a good import ( I know nothing about her) or is she going to join the list of average import shooters that have been in our competition over the last 3 years (Potgieter being the exception)? Obviously, TPSR is another big loss. Our bench shooter in  Heffernan shot 76% in the Beko this season, hardly worth cheering about.

I’m hoping for a good season from the Steel but it’s going to come down to the shooters because the rest of the court is just fine but if you can’t get the ball through the net at a high accuracy then you are going to lose.

TheBroadbean

McCollin played in the UK Superleague and I thought she was really good to be honest!

TrentA

McCollin played in the UK Superleague and I thought she was really good to be honest!

Thank you 😀

I get the feeling that not many on here watched the VNSL games on SkyNZ. So, I urge people to watch the T&T games at the WC.

And Steel probably have the best track record with their imports than any other Franchise.

NZChampion

Apparently she was mvp for her club Celtic Dragons. She shoots in the 90s. She idolised Tuivaiti and was given a run down how Steel work by Stacey Peters. So theres a bit of hope there.

In regards to Jen, I think theres a big difference to coming off the bench and starting a game. The confidence levels work differently for players and obviously playing sporadically doesn’t work well for Jen. Similar to Metuarau, but she does come off the bench nicely for Pulse.

paul2011

Steel have never had the best team on paper but have still managed 1st,1st and 3rd in the new ANZ champs. I love how they play as a real team, and seem like a tight unit.

Heffernan’s 76% accuracy at Beko isn’t amazing but she shoots from range quite a bit. Plus she’ll have a 1.93cm GS for rebounding.

Tactix and Mystics should definitely be a lot stronger, and I think we’ll see Steel and Pulse do well also.

minkie

I just hope the comps more even with everyone winning and loosing. Makes it more competitive and exciting to watch.

Ian

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.