2020 ANZ Premiership signings

Home Forum New Zealand 2020 ANZ Premiership signings

This topic contains 219 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Sep 10, 2019 at 2:32 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    TACTIXSUPPORTER

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Metuarau be turned into a GA WA slide

Mooz

I was wondering this as Pulse only have one WA in Gordon, and I haven’t seen Kersten play there before so potentially Metuarau could be the back up WA.

askme

Could this be the turn around for Canterbury netball? They could potentially take the comp out and spark Netball down there again. They’ve slowly gotten better, now have best defensive end, on any day the best shooting end and a exciting future silver fern midcourt. They could be back to being the powerhouse of the country.

Guyza

I’m just so excited for Selby-Rickit to have signed, I think that will make all the difference & Bird looks better and better every week.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Bloody hope Tactix are top 2 next year!

Jinxibo

i hope Magic isn’t at the bottom this year !

James

I don’t understand Hume getting a contract over Leaver. Leaver isn’t the greatest but IMO she is a better option than Hume

Kat

Could this be the turn around for Canterbury netball? They could potentially take the comp out and spark Netball down there again. They’ve slowly gotten better, now have best defensive end, on any day the best shooting end and a exciting future silver fern midcourt. They could be back to being the powerhouse of the country.

I dont get your comment “spak netball down there again”, what do you mean?

Baller

I was wondering this as Pulse only have one WA in Gordon, and I haven’t seen Kersten play there before so potentially Metuarau could be the back up WA.

I have also thought this, her feeds are amazing. Perhaps a real opportunity to differentiate herself for a future SF selection in years to come.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Well, NZ are lacking in GAs. They need to continue to develop Metararu there.
    She isn’t a GS, and working on her WA game will be needed.

Great to see Rore signed for another year

No GS imports in NZ! McCollin is a GA.

Nweke Wilson McPhee Dunn Bird Oconnell….. VERY exciting times for development of netball in NZ

museboy

Stuff has listed the complete teams:

Mystics: Tayla Earle, Sulu Fitzpatrick, Danielle Gray, Emma Iversen, Phoenix Karaka, Bailey Mes, Grace Nweke, Michaela Sokolich-Beatson, Elisapeta Toeava, Saviour Tui.

Stars: Daystar Swift (Trinidad and Tobago), Fa’amu Ioane, Grace Kara, Jamie Hume, Julianna Naoupu, Kate Burley, Lisa Mather, Maia Wilson, Mila Reuelu-Buchanan, Storm Purvis.

Magic: Sam Sinclair, Monica Falkner, Kelsey McPhee, Ariana Cable-Dixon, Erena Mikaere, Whitney Souness, Holly Fowler, Abigail Latu-Meafou, Jenna O’Sullivan, Georgia Tong.

Pulse: Karin Burger, Aliyah Dunn, Ameliaranne Ekenasio, Maddy Gordon, Kelly Jury, Claire Kersten, Tiana Metuarau, Katrina Rore, Renee Savai’inaea, Elle Temu.

Tactix: Ellie Bird, Charlotte Elley, Temalisi Fakahokotau, Sophia Fenwick, Samon Nathan, Erikana Pedersen, Kimiora Poi, Jess Prosser, Te Paea Selby-Rickit, Jane Watson.

Steel: Gina Crampton, Abby Erwood, Taneisha Fifita, Georgia Heffernan, Kate Heffernan, Kalifa McCollin (Trinidad and Tobago), Kendall McMinn, Jen O’Connell, Shannon Saunders, Te Huinga Selby-Rickit

museboy

Based on the above, I think the Tactix and Mystics are better than last year.  Pulse slightly down, Magic much the same and the Stars and Steel worse.  I predict the Pulse, Tactix and Mystics to take the finals.

A shame Metuarau hasn’t moved as she would be a starting player at the Stars or Steel.

Nesian

I predict the Pulse, Tactix and Mystics to take the finals.

Yup, that’s pretty much my picks too.

Pulse has a weaker team with the loss of Fitzpatrick and Sousness but maybe Metuarau can learn that WA position because she really is creative.

Tactix, big upgrade having Faka and TPSR joining the team and with Bird playing in Oz she will come back fitter and even better for it.

Mystics, another big upgrade with Fitzpatrick bringing defence and leadership and if Nweke can improve her shot they will be right in the mix.

TB

I dont get your comment “spak netball down there again”, what do you mean?

I think Askme was referring to their old glory days, way back in the NBC comp.

Actually I am surprised they never won a title, considering the line-up they had. But I guess that’s ancient history 🙂

Kat

I dont get your comment “spark netball down there again”, what do you mean?

I think Askme was referring to their old glory days, way back in the NBC comp.

Actually I am surprised they never won a title, considering the line-up they had. But I guess that’s ancient history 🙂

Do you think so?  Ok, I just find the comment odd and don’t understand the context of it.

But you are correct the Flames never won a title, runners up a few times.  But it doesn’t surprise me they didn’t win, Southern has lots of money from the Licensing trust, to buy in excellent players.  The Sting used their money well.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.