2019 WORLD CUP TIPPING COMP

Home Forum Competitions 2019 WORLD CUP TIPPING COMP

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nettylife Jul 18, 2019 at 1:52 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Let’s have a go at this. It’s tricky because we only know the first 3 days of the schedule. The rest is all based on performances during the tournament. But with these big tournaments, I like to get people to tip on the whole thing before the first game. 1) because then it’s the same for everyone. And 2) because it’s a big challenge!

Please read carefully so you don’t make mistakes. I have tried to make it as easy as I can for you.

Stage one: There are 24 games over three days. Simply tip who you think will win each game and by how many. In stage one, there is no extra time, so you can pick a draw if you wish, but you won’t get any extra bonus points for doing so.

1 point for tipping the winner
    1 bonus point if you get the margin spot on.

Stage two: Now comes the hard part where we have to predict who’s going to be playing who. I have picked out 8 matches from Groups F & G which really should be happening. If for some strange reason one or more of those matches don’t eventuate, it will just be bad luck and we’ll just disregard those tips. Again, tip who you think will win and by how many. In stage two, just like stage one, you can pick a draw if you wish, but you won’t get any extra bonus points for doing so.

2 points for tipping the winner
    2 bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

Semi finals: From now on, it’s up to you. You have to nominate which teams are going to be playing in which semi finals. Your predictions for the games I’ve chosen from Stage two should help guide you. One semi final will be the top team from Group F v the 2nd team from Group G. The other semi will be the 2nd team from Group F v the top team from Group G. So, write down the 2 teams playing in the game, who wins and by how many. Please note… Australia and New Zealand can’t meet in a semi-final and also England, Jamaica or South Africa can’t meet either, so if you have those match ups, you’ve done something wrong. Note that all of the games from now on are played to a finish with no draws.

2 points if you correctly pick both teams playing in the game
    4 points for picking the winner
    2 bonus points for being closest with the margin
    2 extra bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

Playoffs: The 5th v 6th playoff is for the best 2 teams out of those who finished 3rd or 4th in groups F & G and didn’t make the semis. The 3rd v 4th playoff is of course for the 2 semi final losers. Again, you have to nominate which teams are going to play in these games, who wins and by how many.

2 points if you correctly pick both teams playing in the game
    4 points for picking the winner
    2 bonus points for being closest with the margin
    2 extra bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

Final: The big one. Of course it’s the 2 semi final winners. Nominate the 2 teams playing in it, who wins and by how many.

3 points if you correctly pick both teams playing in the game
    6 points for picking the winner
    3 bonus points for being closest with the margin
    3 extra bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

These might help you (or confuse you). The stage one groups and competition format…

Ian

Please copy and paste this with your tips in a PM to me…

STAGE ONE:

New Zealand v Malawi –
    Australia v Nth Ireland –
    Barbados v Singapore –
    Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka –
    Jamaica v Fiji –
    England v Uganda –
    Sth Africa v Trin & Tobago –
    Scotland v Samoa –

Australia v Zimbabwe –
    New Zealand v Barbados –
    Nth Ireland v Sri Lanka –
    Malawi v Singapore –
    England v Scotland –
    Jamaica v Trin & Tobago –
    Uganda v Samoa –
    Sth Africa v Fiji –

New Zealand v Singapore –
    England v Samoa –
    Malawi v Barbados –
    Uganda v Scotland –
    Australia v Sri Lanka –
    Jamaica v Sth Africa –
    Nth Ireland v Zimbabwe –
    Trin & Tobago v Fiji –

STAGE TWO:

Group F
    Australia v New Zealand –
    Australia v Malawi –
    New Zealand v Nth Ireland –
    Malawi v Nth Ireland –

Group G
    England v Jamaica –
    England v Sth Africa –
    Jamaica v Uganda –
    Sth Africa v Uganda –

SEMI FINALS:

Semi Final 1 –
    (Top team from Group F v 2nd team from Group G)

Semi Final 2 –
    (2nd team from Group F v top team from Group G)

PLAYOFFS:

5 v 6 Playoff –

3 v 4 Playoff –

W.C FINAL –

Kat

Gosh this is going to be hard.  so many excellent teams and so many different outcomes.

When do you want this by Ian?  I going to have to really think about this.

Ian

Right up until the start really, but preferably people shouldn’t leave it until then in case there’s a mistake that needs to be fixed.

Ian

Tactixforlife, I’ve deleted your post. Sorry about that, but I want all the tips to remain secret for everyone, so that nobody knows what anyone else has tipped. So everyone, please send me your tips in a message to me by clicking to the left here.

Ian

Just in case you’re wondering, you can pick a draw if you want in stage one and two, but not after that.

IMCOOL123

May be a silly question but for stage two tips do we only tip on the games you have given for stage two or do we also add the other games e.g 3rd places in pools that make it into stage two games. Thanks.

Ian

No, just tip on the games I’ve provided. These are the games that I’m fairly certain will eventuate. Don’t worry about adding any other games, although there’s no harm in working out what you think they’ll be if that helps you with your other tips.

mcleod

Done, come on Ferns…………….

Ian

You missed a game, mcleod!

Now guys, can I just request that you only tip margins please. I’ve had a couple of people tipping scores instead and it just means I’ve got to go through every game myself and work out the margins. So please, just tip the winning team and margin.

mcleod

You missed a game, mcleod!

Now guys, can I just request that you only tip margins please. I’ve had a couple of people tipping scores instead and it just means I’ve got to go through every game myself and work out the margins. So please, just tip the winning team and margin.

Woops sorry on both counts.  I’m not very good with instructions.

Turningpoint

Thanks for organising Ian.

I’ve just done the lot. Even had the ladder.

No need to reply.

I have my remote to tape/watch as many games as I can.

Ian

With one of your games, I think the scores you gave me don’t quite match up with the margin, but I will take the margin you provided.

Ian

SteelSupporter101, you need to check your messages.

Ian

20 people so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.