2019 WORLD CUP FINAL – AUSTRALIA v NEW ZEALAND

Home Forum International 2019 WORLD CUP FINAL – AUSTRALIA v NEW ZEALAND

This topic contains 536 replies, has 75 voices, and was last updated by  TB Aug 16, 2019 at 4:41 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 537 total)
  • Author
    Nesian

I have never understood this. Watching a game over and over and over again just because your team won it. Don’t get that at all. I can understand watching just the last minute or two over again, but not the whole game. Do you fast forward through the bits where they’re not going so well? Like when they were down 8-4 in the first Q, do you just skip through that bit to get to the good parts? I’ve just never got the fascination with watching a whole game over and over repeatedly just because your team won. :dontknow:

I recorded the final and watched it a few hours later at a more reasonable time, I do this with all All Blacks games as well when they are in the early hours. As long as I can keep off social media so I don’t get a spoiler I’m happy, but I too only watch a game once and that’s it, no matter how good it is. It is nice to read that it brings so much enjoyment watching the same game more than once. I don’t get it but I appreciate the passion that it brings to some fans.

Ian

Yeah, I like to watch live or at least not knowing the result. If I’ve missed a game and I find out the result before getting to watch a replay, my enthusiasm for watching that game drops straight away. It’s just not quite the same.

TrentA

😉  A world champion team deserves world champion viewers!

Exactly!! 😀

nanator

I’m guilty of still still re-watching the Delhi games and NWC 2011 final. Given they were such a close games with high calibre of netball, it makes it fun seeing where things go right. Always a treat to wonder all the “what ifs”… I probably make it seem like I don’t have a life :blush2:

Rebound1977

I rewatch some games especially some of the older ones.  In particular I like watching matches from the 2005 Holden Test Series between NZ and Aust, not so much for the matches or results but because of the sheer pleasure of watching some of the great talents of the game at that time play – Nat Avellino, Temepara George, Laura Langman, Adine Wilson and the list goes on – so many great players with terrific skills.

Unfortunately, the youtube game of the ANZ Champs NZ Conference Prelim between Mystics and Magic is gone but I loved it.  Such a rough and tumble game and I think the umpires gave out about 1000000 cautions.  I found it hilarious for Jono Bredin to stop the game that had flowed right to the other end of the court to say to Jo Harten “don’t talk to me like that Goal Shooter!!”  LOL.

al_ex

The game I rewatch which is a bit random is the second half of the Swifts beating the Firebirds in 2016 at Qudos. The Firebirds dominated the first half before Wright brought Wood on at GA and Pettitt was moved back to GS where they just completely tore up Geitz and McMeniman with their moving circle. In many ways I think that was the beginning for Steph Wood, or at least when people realised how good she could be.

Sunnyskies

I rewatch some games especially some of the older ones.  In particular I like watching matches from the 2005 Holden Test Series between NZ and Aust, not so much for the matches or results but because of the sheer pleasure of watching some of the great talents of the game at that time play – Nat Avellino, Temepara George, Laura Langman, Adine Wilson and the list goes on – so many great players with terrific skills.

Unfortunately, the youtube game of the ANZ Champs NZ Conference Prelim between Mystics and Magic is gone but I loved it.  Such a rough and tumble game and I think the umpires gave out about 1000000 cautions.  I found it hilarious for Jono Bredin to stop the game that had flowed right to the other end of the court to say to Jo Harten “don’t talk to me like that Goal Shooter!!”  LOL.

+1 I loved that ANZ game and would love to rewatch it.

Netfan212

I do the same, lol. Particularly the last test of 2005, where SF obliterated Aus off the court. The Scarlett and Davu defensive end is such a weird yet entertaining combination to watch. Definitely a highlight. I wish they would upload the 2002 & 2006 CWG finals.

IMCOOL123

Also guilty of watching Delhi 2010. I know the game inside and out – the best game for me to watch. Also still have 2012 Magic season recorded on mysky know all those games inside and out too. Also love watching the old ANZ Champs Magic games on YouTube.

Nachos

I still have the first game Pulse won in the trans-tasman comp on my Mysky. Makes me have a wee tear each time I watch it 🙂

Ian

NZChampion

I’m still not over this lol. The SSN was kinda boring in comparison tbh.

mcleod

I’m still not over this lol. The SSN was kinda boring in comparison tbh.

It’s only been a week, I’ve waited 16 years, I’ll keep enjoying it for sometime yet.

xpert11

<p>I’m still not over this lol. The SSN was kinda boring in comparison tbh.</p>

I enjoyed watching the WC final again on YouTube. I felt my nerves increasing when watching the game for the second time, this is in spite of the fact I knew the outcome.

JR

I’m looking forward to watching the Final with the English commentators that Ian posted earlier on this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 537 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.