2019 WORLD CUP DAY 1 (July 12)

Home Forum International 2019 WORLD CUP DAY 1 (July 12)

This topic contains 251 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  TheBroadbean Jul 16, 2019 at 8:14 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Maryann

Having to watch today delayed.  I made the biggest error and scheduled my husbands 60 th party for game time!   No today is not even his real birthday. Doh!!   Looking forward to seeing the Ferns taking the game.

museboy

The Ferns will make a statement if they put 20+ goals on Malawi.

TrentA

3 hours 20 minutes to go!!

Watching with some fellow netty nuts.

Vino and nibbles to kick things off.

NettySuperFan

It would be a bigger statement if Malawi beat NZ even by 1. Although I’m confident NZ will win, this game is actually one of the biggest in stage 1, with the winner of this game likely to go through to the semi’s. I will be cheering Malawi on all the way, and hopefully they can stun the Ferns, imagine Malawi semis, that would be HUGE. Hopeful thinking, I know.

TAJ74

Can someone please explain to me how 9Now works?  I have an account (have just barely used it)  and I have the App on both my TV and iPad.  Was just having a play around and I can not see the games listed – only just a World Cup preview clip.  Is this normal…or are we unable to watch Live and have to wait for them to be played to be uploaded?

I totally do no not want to set my alarm at 2:25am  if I can’t watch it live.  Any pointers on how it works – or how I can stream the Sth Africa v TT game in Australia would be great!  TIA 🙂

NettySuperFan

Can someone please explain to me how 9Now works? I have an account (have just barely used it) and I have the App on both my TV and iPad. Was just having a play around and I can not see the games listed – only just a World Cup preview clip. Is this normal…or are we unable to watch Live and have to wait for them to be played to be uploaded?

I totally do no not want to set my alarm at 2:25am if I can’t watch it live. Any pointers on how it works – or how I can stream the Sth Africa v TT game in Australia would be great! TIA :-)

Hey TAJ74,

It is normal that it is only showing a preview, and doesn’t have a games listed. ALL the games WILL be shown live, when you stream the ‘Live TV’, it will give you several channels to choose from, some of which will be 9Now channels showing the NWC. If you have issues viewing the NZ v Malawi game (if your watching it), let us know, someone should be able to help. Hopefully this is helpful, and reassures you a little!

JR

TAJ74, I am seeing the same as you on 9Now on both the website which I can watch on my laptop, and on my TV via the Telstra TV thingamebobby……I too am hoping it’s clear when 6pm clicks around, and I am assuming there’s at least two ‘channels’ as there are games overlapping on the two courts.

Fingers crossed it’s all going to be OK.

2 hours and 42 minutes to go…OMG!

Now that I can see the games on my computer, I think I am going to set my alarm for a little before 4am to watch the Uganda v England game live. I suffer from insomnia anyway and am usually awake then, so why not get up and watch!

ahdz

It would be a bigger statement if Malawi beat NZ even by 1. Although I’m confident NZ will win, this game is actually one of the biggest in stage 1, with the winner of this game likely to go through to the semi’s. I will be cheering Malawi on all the way, and hopefully they can stun the Ferns, imagine Malawi semis, that would be HUGE. Hopeful thinking, I know.

As a Ferns fan, I’m hopeful we blow them off the court. After everything we’ve been through over the last 18 months, this is what NZ needs. Most people think we won’t even medal, but I think we’ll fight our way to the final.

TAJ74

Thank you SuperNettyFan and JR….I will have a practice run at 6pm and see how we go!!

NettySuperFan

As a Ferns fan, I’m hopeful we blow them off the court. After everything we’ve been through over the last 18 months, this is what NZ needs. Most people think we won’t even medal, but I think we’ll fight our way to the final.

Yeah absolutely, I do feel for the Ferns, and love most if not all the players (and NT), but wouldn’t it be amazing if Malawi beat NZ, for World Netball, maybe its just me. Either way, I’m confident that NZ will make the semi’s and I think they have a great shot at a medal (at the least). Just hope the NWC sees some close, exciting games

ahdz

Well if it’s for world netball, it’d be great if they beat one of the other top 5 nations. That’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make, for world netball of course haha

NettySuperFan

Well if it’s for world netball, it’d be great if they beat one of the other top 5 nations. That’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make, for world netball of course haha

:biggrin: :biggrin:

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Queens are no duds. Ferns will need to make a statement and come out firing.

No Kumwenda but Joyce is just as good.

Ferns by 10

TrentA

Queens are no duds. Ferns will need to make a statement and come out firing.

No Kumwenda but Joyce is just as good.

Ferns by 10

Yes Joyce is good. But is she fully fit or still suffering from that knee injury she received in the VNSL Grand Final?

TrentA

To celebrate the next 10 days.

Had to do it.

<<<<<<<<<

😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 252 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.