2019 WORLD CUP DAY 1 (July 12)

Home Forum International 2019 WORLD CUP DAY 1 (July 12)

This topic contains 251 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  TheBroadbean Jul 16, 2019 at 8:14 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Jinxibo

To be fair she was well cautioned and didn’t change or adapt her play at all-maybe poor coaching to leave her at C after all those calls?

too true. i thought they would have benched her

JR

64 – 32 at the end.

Housby MVP. Couldn’t here her speech unfortunately. Now Tracey’s being interviewed and no sound again. Sigh.

Re the scheduling of the games on the two courts. If they’d had the Court 2 games starting about 35 minutes past the hour, then the Court 1 games would be on their long half time break and they could have played the National Anthems on Court 2 then. Even starting at 20 past the hour – during the Court 1 game’s 1/4 time break would have been enough time for the anthems for the Court 2 teams.

Bluebird

Despite the horrific penalty count, I think Uganda will beat Malawi if they get to play against each other.

FK

There are some more replays up 9NOW app. Hopefully more to come.

JR

Yes I just checked both 9Now via the Telstra TV box and the website on my computer – the four Session 1 games are available for replay now, but not Session 2 yet. I’ll look every half hour to work out how long they take to load them.

JR

The first Session 2 game – Jamaica – Fiji game is there now. It finished at around 3.30am so I am guessing it’s about 6 1/2 hours after a game is finished when they post the replay.

JR

England – Uganda game is up there now. (Game 2 of Session 2 on Court 1). It finished at 5.30am (AEST) so that’s gone up in less than 5 1/2 hours since the end of the game. But the first game of Session 2 on Court 2 – South Africa V Trinidad and Tobago isn’t there yet…..so maybe no logic or consistency in the order the repeats are being made available.

JR

The first game of Session 2 on Court 2 – South Africa V Trinidad and Tobago is now there….it finished at 2am AEST so that’s turned up ~9 hours after the end of the game.

museboy

I was happy with the Ferns margin however I still think their performance was scratchy.  In particular, I’m concerned about WA where Crampton and Saunders are much of a muchness and can’t impact a game.  Same with WD – Karaka is far more effective on the circle so it seems silly we are experimenting now.  I respect the fight in Rore to get here however Sokilich-Beatson should have been in this squad instead as at least she’s played WD regularly.  Watson was quiet and the switches between the circle players at both ends was labored at the start but improved as the match went on.

On a positive note – the shooting was sublime considering all shooters were shooting from mid range.  Kopua was back to the menacing form of old and TPSR picked up two transverse line intercepts!  It seems clear that some players are playing supporting roles in setting up screens for the other players.  Crampton and Ekenasio did this particularly well.  While it may take them out as an option, they are also tying up their opposing player, allowing more space for Langman and Folau.

This Ferns team lacks players on the bench that could have an impact – for this reason I would have had Souness, MSB and Wilson in the team instead Saunders, Rore and TPSR.  Hence I’m sceptical of this Ferns side until they are tested against the big teams.   That said, I like what Noeline has done with the team and if they can improve from here – I could see them making the final.

JR

South Africa v Trinidad is now up too…about 5  hours 20 minutes after that game finished.

So all 8 games were up by 11.20am AEST ….. but no consistency with how long 9 has taken to load them after the end of each game.

mcleod

I was happy with the Ferns margin however I still think their performance was scratchy. In particular, I’m concerned about WA where Crampton and Saunders are much of a muchness and can’t impact a game. Same with WD – Karaka is far more effective on the circle so it seems silly we are experimenting now. I respect the fight in Rore to get here however Sokilich-Beatson should have been in this squad instead as at least she’s played WD regularly. Watson was quiet and the switches between the circle players at both ends was labored at the start but improved as the match went on.

On a positive note – the shooting was sublime considering all shooters were shooting from mid range. Kopua was back to the menacing form of old and TPSR picked up two transverse line intercepts! It seems clear that some players are playing supporting roles in setting up screens for the other players. Crampton and Ekenasio did this particularly well. While it may take them out as an option, they are also tying up their opposing player, allowing more space for Langman and Folau.

This Ferns team lacks players on the bench that could have an impact – for this reason I would have had Souness, MSB and Wilson in the team instead Saunders, Rore and TPSR. Hence I’m sceptical of this Ferns side until they are tested against the big teams. That said, I like what Noeline has done with the team and if they can improve from here – I could see them making the final.

Well I thought they were actually pretty good, 23 goal turn around from the last time they played, same 4 shooters remember.

Watson was fine, not sure what you were expecting?.  Langman wasn’t at her best 2 held ball, still to often had eyes for Maria.

TP was excellent for her 15min. Wilson has had chances in the Ferns and has never taken them.  Souness is just a WA need back up in the C position so hence the reason Saunders in there, but I do agree MSB should be there, we have no 2nd option at WD. Burger is very new to the Ferns so can’t expect her to be amazing all the time.

nuts4netty

….. but no consistency with how long 9 has taken to load them after the end of each game.

Probably depends on what time the work experience kid starts and how organised he is!

JR

I really want to watch the South Africa v Jamaica game Live on Sunday…but it’s on here at 2am Monday and I have to go to work that day. I set the alarm to watch Uganda v England game live this morning and I went back to bed for a few hours when it ended, but I feel terrible now….so maybe I should resign myself to watching the game Monday evening….it might be available on Replay before I go to work if they take about 3 hours to upload it….

TAJ74

I’ve watched a tonne of Netball in my life and I am so grateful to be able to watch all the games…. but wowser….the commentary during the South Africa v TT game drove me absolutely insane!!  They did not draw breath…….. and I ended up having to hit Mute! So, so bad!

On a side note – are the Live games available on Smart TV 9Now app?   I could only watch Live games on my iPad

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 252 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.