2019 – Wales Summer Test Matches (Wales/Sth Africa/T&T/N.Ireland/Malawi/Grenada)

Home Forum International 2019 – Wales Summer Test Matches (Wales/Sth Africa/T&T/N.Ireland/Malawi/Grenada)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jul 11, 2019 at 7:46 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Jinxibo

Well played Wales.

Mvula didn’t play at all and Ngwira only played for 15 to 20 mins. There were time when Malwi moved the ball at speed but they were happy to pass it around and wait for a long ball. There were a lot overturns due to poor footwork.

Wales are rebulding their squad and it showed. Lots of “held ball” calls because the Welsh players weren’t confident with their passing and Malawi got plenty of tips due to poor ball placement.

Malawi should have won the game but they looked rusty and i don’t understand why Mvula and Ngwira didn’t play.  NZ shouldn’t have any problems.

Jinxibo

Great game. Malawi was without Joyce Mvula, so that made a difference. She’ll be right for the WC though. Watched that whole game with welsh language commentary on. Hardly understood a word of it. But still better to listen to than Seb Costello.

LOL me too but i understood “Nia” and “Rowe”

Ian

Not sure about Ngwira, but Mvula was being rested due to injury. They say she’ll be right to join the rest of the team on July 9 and will be fine for the WC.

Ian

This was a little bit of a surprise to me. Not so much the win, but the margin.

Jinxibo

inspirational comments by Julie H

She’s worked with teams all around the world and these girls are lovely, hard working and very talented. The young one coming through are very keen. Great advert for girls playing netball all over the country

Ian

Wales v Trinidad & Tobago is under way.

Pêl-Rwyd Byw: Cymru v Trinidad and Tobago

🏐 Pêl-Rwyd Byw: Cymru v Trinidad & Tobago📅 Dydd Sul | Sunday🕟 4.45📺 s4c.cymru/clic💻facebook.com/s4cchwaraeon/#CYMvTRIN Welsh Netball

Posted by S4C Chwaraeon on Sunday, 7 July 2019

familjen

Mvula was in Manchester with the Thunder today. What’s up with that? Granted she didn’t take the court, but you’d think she’d be with her national squad this close to the WC…

Ian

Not sure but they said she would join the team on the 9th.

Ian

Wales came storming home in the last Q 19-8 to get over the top of T&T…

netballnut

Pleased to see some good performances from Wales after the disappointment of not making the world cup. Lots of talk about how this is the start of a new 4-8 year cycle for them, interested to see what Julie H can do with the squad.

Anyone know what the situation with Chelsea Lewis is? (although I don’t think they particularly missed her)

T&T connections looking a bit rusty at times, they’ll be glad they’re getting this run out before next week – I guess that’s what these games are for.

I’ve enjoyed watching this series, a good warm up for next week.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Wow NI were thrashed by Malawi. Aust pool will be boring to watch. NI are the 2nd rank team in the pool, right?

Surprised about T&T losing by that much to Wales.

netballnut

Mvula was in Manchester with the Thunder today. What’s up with that? Granted she didn’t take the court, but you’d think she’d be with her national squad this close to the WC…

I wonder if, since she’s already up in the North West they didn’t want her travelling down to Cardiff then back up again? Also she may still be finishing off her medical treatment / physio at Thunder?

familjen

Not sure but they said she would join the team on the 9th.

Yeah, they presented her with the fans’ MVP award from the VNSL at halftime. Perhaps it’s a funding thing and Malawi keeping costs down.

familjen

Anyway the Diamonds have a lot of issues to sort out. I thought Australia would be a shoe-in for gold/silver but after seeing them today now I’m not so sure. They spray a lot of ball out the back and not winning as much ball as they should. A lot for them to sort out in a week – you Aussies better hope they pull their finger out.

Browne and Watson are probably the best midcourt. Gretel looked great in GS during her cameo there with Steph Wood. Defensively they were pretty ordinary all around except for April Brandley at WD. It was also weird to see Diamonds put on a zone at times, but I guess they’ll need it to throw on against Jamaica/England.

Ellie Cardwell played way above what I thought she could against the Diamonds. She was excellent all game! Good to see Almond play for Thunder one last time too & Laura Malcolm was all class – really knocking on the Roses door. Why do we have such a conveyor belt of talent in WD in England?

Jinxibo

Nice little update. Thanks Familjen

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.