2019 VITALITY NETBALL SUPERLEAGUE

Home Forum United Kingdom 2019 VITALITY NETBALL SUPERLEAGUE

This topic contains 319 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Myao May 21, 2019 at 4:18 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    TACTIXSUPPORTER

Didn’t expect Mavs to go down.
    Lets be honest, Cat is a step above most defenders in England

TheBroadbean

Liked Sirens, they had some great passing into the circle with some great triangle passing.

Storm have been very disappointing. I can’t stick Mikki Austin, she’s just a bad example on court with her stroppy attitude. With her being the coach, I can’t believe she thinks that is an acceptable attitude to have on court with her constant ball swiping on players faces!

When Storm played in Fast5 they messed up their powerplay quarter and she had a right strop about it. Completely puts me off Storm to be honest.

TheBroadbean

Just one thing… the UK Superleague netball dresses usually look great. BUT, for those players with shall we say a little more junk in the trunk than others, the dresses are forever riding up and players are constantly pulling them down. Or some don’t even bother doing that, they just run around playing with their dress up there and their knickers showing.

Is it a personal choice thing? Or do they just not suit players of a certain size? Because as an example, Liana Leota always seems to have a granny size dress, longer than everyone else’s.

They just need to get bigger sizes. It’s really odd that some have dresses that actually look like dresses and others wear what looks like a vest!

Tuaune Keenan has always worn something resembling a vest top at all the teams she’s played at!

Ian

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Mavs have Fisher Bailey and Corbin. Its a shame Bailey or Fisher cannot run a game out at GA

TheBroadbean

They also have Sophie Hankin. I said early on that it’s a shame they are so much shooting talent as unfortunately someone will be on the bench.

Fisher played GA for Mavs when I first saw her play but she’s definitely a natural GS.

TheBroadbean

Karyn Bailey would have been better going to Pulse as she would have been the starting shooter.

Ian

Mavs have Fisher Bailey and Corbin. Its a shame Bailey or Fisher cannot run a game out at GA

Bailey used to be quite a good GA, but that was before her knee injuries.

Fluffy

Liked Sirens, they had some great passing into the circle with some great triangle passing.

Storm have been very disappointing. I can’t stick Mikki Austin, she’s just a bad example on court with her stroppy attitude. With her being the coach, I can’t believe she thinks that is an acceptable attitude to have on court with her constant ball swiping on players faces!

When Storm played in Fast5 they messed up their powerplay quarter and she had a right strop about it. Completely puts me off Storm to be honest.

I think she believes she is the next Tamsin- can’t see what she brings to the party as coach, tbh, and I have a feeling she’s going to have  a VERY long season unless she, and the team, buck their ideas up.

Serena was SO far above everyone else in terms of standard, I can’t help be slightly concerned that she won’t be challenged by anyone else and her standard will slip….

Ian

That’s exactly what I was thinking… the comparison with Greenway I mean.

Kat

I have watched all five games now.  I admit I haven’t watched any superleague games for a number of years, and I was impressed.  There is a vast improvement.  I loved seeing the different imports, and it was great seeing the opportunities the players are getting.  Agree about some of the dresses, they need to be tailored more.  There were a number of players that I enjoyed watching.  The WD from Bath was good, also like the GA for Pulse, the WA and C for sirens worked well with Kat I thought.  There were several others as well.  I will have to learn a whole lot more names now.

where can you get the stats for the games, shooting percentage, rebounds, intercepts from?  I saw the match reports but couldn’t see anything else, probably going blind.

I thought the umpiring was pretty good too, lots of contesting which I like without the whistle blowing every 5 seconds.

I presume that Sky NZ will screen more of these games?  Anyone in the know can tell me, that will be great.

Ian

Yeah, as far as I know, Sky NZ will show all of the games that are shown in the UK.

Regarding stats, on the coverage they come up with total stats for both teams, but you never see any personal stats. Shooting stats are sometimes found in team match reports. I will post these, if and when I find them.

Kat

thanks Ian.

Yes, I notice the team stats at the end of games, but you are correct was looking for personal stats.

Well, I am disappointed that they don’t do personal stats like the SSN and ANZ netball.  I wonder why?

So there is now one thing I don’t like about netball superleague.  So for the netball fans in England, is this usual?

Ian

Ash72

Game 1. Imogen Allison is so ready for Roses squad!

Game 2. Dunn is giving herself every chance

Game 3. Iona Darroch is our next Roses WA but still a bit more work needed.

Game 4. Yay go Cat loving having her in Superleague  :grin:

Game 5. Thunder as solid as expected across whole court (except still not convinced Cardwell is at her best as a shooter).

Early prediction from me: Bath v Thunder final

Ps agree with all comments re; dresses- used to drive me crazy watching Haythornthwaite constantly pulling at hers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.