2019 VITALITY NETBALL SUPERLEAGUE

Home Forum United Kingdom 2019 VITALITY NETBALL SUPERLEAGUE

This topic contains 316 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Mooz May 19, 2019 at 8:28 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 317 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Ian

Full time: Wasps 74-54

A dominant win in the end. Wasps gradually wore down Lightning and the last Q was almost one way traffic. Dunn, Clarke & Msomi were great, but there wasn’t a poor Wasps player and they’ll be hard to stop for 3 in a row. Great year for Lightning nonetheless.

Very impressed with Amy Flanagan at WD for Wasps. Maybe she could be in line for an England call up if the news on Beth Cobden isn’t good? Katie Harris also went well at GA.

Ian

Ian

Ash72

Fantastic semi final between Thunder and Bath-totally gripping with neither side slowing down or giving up the intensity for all 4 quarters!

Thunder edged it 57-54 and Mvula was surely the point of difference between the 2 sides-she was stunning!

Ian

Full time: Thunder 57-54

Great game. Thunder just slightly more composed and held on in that last Q when TeamBath were piling on the pressure looking for turnovers. Sets up a grand final against Wasps. Wasps will certainly be favourites, but who would write Thunder off?

Well done to Thunder stalwart Kerry Almond in her last home game. Her combination with Dovey was as good as ever. Joyce Mvula was strong. If Mwai Kumwenda isn’t fit in time for the world cup, Mvula showed that she could step in and do a good job.

Ian

netballnut

Wow, what a great game, probably the highest intensity we’ve seen all season! Really glad Thunder took the win, I think they’re probably the best equipped of the semi finalists to challenge Wasps, although it will be a tall order.

I‘m a bit concerned about Kathryn Turner’s form though…somewhere along the season she seems to have lost her confidence on the shot, it was noticeable in the last Thunder televised game. Her court play is fine, but she’a suddenly become very hesitant on the shot – luckily Mvula is so strong.  Much of what makes her such a good GA is her confidence to go to post. Hopefully just a blip and she’ll be okay for the final.

Ian

Ash72

Full time: Wasps 74-54

A dominant win in the end. Wasps gradually wore down Lightning and the last Q was almost one way traffic. Dunn, Clarke & Msomi were great, but there wasn’t a poor Wasps player and they’ll be hard to stop for 3 in a row. Great year for Lightning nonetheless.

Very impressed with Amy Flanagan at WD for Wasps. Maybe she could be in line for an England call up if the news on Beth Cobden isn’t good? Katie Harris also went well at GA.

I’d love Amy Flanagan to be selected: she has always been excellent- that’s why Greenway brought her to Wasps from Storm. I’ve never understood how she’s not been in contention as she’s a good C too. Maybe we’ve just had too many WD’S?

Ash72

Wow, what a great game, probably the highest intensity we’ve seen all season! Really glad Thunder took the win, I think they’re probably the best equipped of the semi finalists to challenge Wasps, although it will be a tall order.

I‘m a bit concerned about Kathryn Turner’s form though…somewhere along the season she seems to have lost her confidence on the shot, it was noticeable in the last Thunder televised game. Her court play is fine, but she’a suddenly become very hesitant on the shot – luckily Mvula is so strong. Much of what makes her such a good GA is her confidence to go to post. Hopefully just a blip and she’ll be okay for the final.

Yes Turner wasn’t her usual self. Greig did say that they’d “tweaked” a few things though so maybe Turner was instructed not to take any of her usual long shots and just get the ball to Mvula under the post? It sort of makes sense as Mvula definitely outplayed Artman, whilst EUB was putting a lot of pressure on Turner’s movement and shot. Hopefully she reverts to her usual game against Wasps as both shooters will need to be firing to win that game.

TrentA

Got to watch these two semis.

First one was actually quite boring. Lightning reminded me of Folau’s comment about Steel, Vanilla Netball. It was clear that Wasps would just wear Lightning down. There was no Plan B it was clear the aim was to get the ball to Cholhok.

Dunn was impressive as was Msomi.

And some of the Umpiring was questionable.

The second game was the pick of the two. Much higher quality and intensity. Either team could’ve won this one. And I agree re Turner. Haven’t seen her play this season, but she lacked the confidence and accuracy I remember from last year. But with Mvula to get the rebounds why not just go for it.

The venue for the second game as a bit dangerous. The Umpires had very little room at the ends and the players had to really stop in a hurry for fear of crashing into the concrete wall.

So many quality WDs in England, Allison, Pannagary, Flannagan and Malcolm.

If any side can take down Wasps it is Thunder. Going to be a great battle.

Dunn vs Almond, Harris vs Dovey, Msomi vs Malcolm , Clarke vs O’Hanlon, Flanagan vs Leota, Williams vs Turner and Knights vs Mvula

Ian

Agree about the court/stadium. That looks so dangerous. Surely it wouldn’t be allowed in Aust/NZ? You’d think at the very least, they could perhaps put some form of padding against it or something.

Ian

Here we go with this crazy vote again where there’s a player from every side nominated. How dumb.

Vote for the Vitality Netball Superleague Player of the Season https://www.skysports.com/netball/news/12414/11719171/vote-for-the-vitality-netball-superleague-player-of-the-season

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 317 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.