2019 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

Home Forum Australia 2019 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

This topic contains 306 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Aug 17, 2019 at 10:49 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    mcleod

Interesting changes. Looks like the bonus point system will be staying, but if teams finish on the same points, wins will be used before percentage. There will also be some more movement allowed from the bench. Also very interesting that ANL and the preseason tournie will be using rolling subs, which is a big change people having been crying out for for a while. It’s not in SSN yet, but it’s obviously in the process.

Yeah current substitution rules are a joke, really. The rest of the changes just window-dressing, although bringing player/team recruitment conversations out of the shadows (can’t convince me it wasn’t already happening on the QT) isn’t a bad thing.

At least there’s no 2 point shot. . . . . yet. :cool2: :dance2:

Still no overtime with a drawn game.  That is something that should be looked at, nobody wants a draw surely.

caribou

Just Hobson and me I think. Overtime is essential if only one team can advance (finals and knockout tournaments). In home and away games it just gives full points to a team that doesn’t deserve them, because they weren’t good enough to win in the 60 minutes.

mcleod

Just Hobson and me I think. Overtime is essential if only one team can advance (finals and knockout tournaments). In home and away games it just gives full points to a team that doesn’t deserve them, because they weren’t good enough to win in the 60 minutes.

Almost everyone then, even just 3 min each way, like the NZ comp.  But they wouldn’t want to copy NZ would they.

caribou

Not on this one.

CharlesWB

Interesting changes. Looks like the bonus point system will be staying, but if teams finish on the same points, wins will be used before percentage. There will also be some more movement allowed from the bench. Also very interesting that ANL and the preseason tournie will be using rolling subs, which is a big change people having been crying out for for a while. It’s not in SSN yet, but it’s obviously in the process.

Yeah current substitution rules are a joke, really. The rest of the changes just window-dressing, although bringing player/team recruitment conversations out of the shadows (can’t convince me it wasn’t already happening on the QT) isn’t a bad thing.

At least there’s no 2 point shot. . . . . yet. :cool2: :dance2:

Still no overtime with a drawn game. That is something that should be looked at, nobody wants a draw surely.

Actually, me. I am fine with a draw. It’s a 60 minute game. If two teams are on equal points at the end of that time then there was no winner. No team deserves the winning points. They should be shared equally. Otherwise one team is being rewarded for playing better for, what 5 minutes? (or whatever overtime is) Nope not for me.

Now for finals . . . that’s different of course.

Turningpoint

I actually don’t care who fills the roles within any Netball organisation.

So long as there were applicants. So long as they are passionate. So long as the final decision to fill the role meant the best qualified person was given the role.

The OT decision will be based on the appetite the Broadcaster has and their ability to schedule the extra time that may be required – or the empty space if it is not.

Next thing you know the supporters of OT will want OT for each quarter where there was a draw which meant no team got the bonus point. Where do you end this debate for a home and away season.

Rolling subs. I’m not sure in SSN. If you’re targeting newer audiences not familiar with Netball. It is hard enough identifying the 7 v 7 and keeping up with play.

Points systems have been forever argued in any sport. Even finals systems. Usually that grievance stems from a Team or Association that missed the finals or otherwise would have made the finals and a different points system would have seen them play finals. Don;t get me started on finals system – the BBL is a joke finals system.

At the end of the day. SSN is a true home and away system. There are no weather issues. The variable’s are injuries to your best 7 and Umpiring on the day.

I’m not having a go against the Umpires. I will say 2 things. 1) IMO, there are a couple of, maybe even some players who don’t get penalised often enough. 2) The time off rule is subjective. 30 seconds or 10 seconds here or there could determine a bonus point.

One last gripe. If there is some sweat on the floor. Can they please have a decent size towel to wipe it and dry it. Something that looks like you could take it to the beach – not to dry the dishes. Apologies to the makers if this is specific to these indoor sports. But if you can make it tea towel size – you could also make it beach towel size?

😈

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.