2019 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

Home Forum Australia 2019 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Dec 5, 2018 at 4:20 pm.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    NettySuperFan

My super early prediction… Fever vs Vixens GF – Fever taking it out.

JFR is virtually unstoppable and Teague-Neeld will fit nicely into the frontline. Vixens have huge depth and will also be tough to beat.

Magpies also a chance. Nelson is such a talent and a great signing. With classy players around her she is certain to improve in leaps and bounds.

I honestly don’t think Fowler is unstoppable, she was certainly shut down a few times last year. I think with Medhurst not feeding her, they are going to find it a whole lot harder to get it into Fowler than they did before. Maybe after a fews years of playing with each other, Coyler, Charles and ATN will get a whole lot better, and they might be hard to stop.

I find it hard to make a prediction this early, but if I did this would be it. Magpies are essentially a whole new team, but they have quality players, so they might start the season slow, and just make it into finals, but then go on to do very well. Vixens also very strong, with not a lot of changes, and Thwaites and Kumwenda are somewhat similiar. Fever fairly unchanged, but Medhurst was a MASSIVE part of there game plan, so it may take quite a bit of time to form a decent connection there. Giants have a strong front line, but weak back-line, and MAY make it to finals, but probably won’t go very deep. Thunderbirds and Lightning are the two “dark horses” for me, with significant changes to their line-ups using players that haven’t played SSN before. I think they will have that advantage of players not knowing how to play them for the first few rounds, but I don’t think they will make the Grand final (although Lightning do have Noeline as the coach, so anything is possible). In the end, I think it will come down to a Magpies/Vixens Grand Final, with Vixens taking out the title. Actually, I change my mind. I reckon Magpies will take out the title, lead by Medhurst and Mentor, the M&M’s.

Imagine if Lightning won again with a whole new line up! And then the SF ferna go on to win the world cup :eek: surely Noels would go down in history.

To be honest, I already see Taurua as one of the best, if not THE best coach in the history of netball. I think either of those outcome would solidify it for me.

Ian

All those years she coached unsuccessfully in the ANZ Champs with almost a full Silver Ferns team? Just one title. With the players she had, it should have been at least 2 and more likely 3.  :dontknow:

Pardalote

All those years she coached unsuccessfully in the ANZ Champs with almost a full Silver Ferns team? Just one title. With the players she had, it should have been at least 2 and more likely 3. :dontknow:

Yep, short memories. When she finally retires we can assess her whole career, and put the underperformance 2008 to 2011 against what she achieves later. Taurua’s performance in the last few years says she is a seriously good coach,but I also think she is getting credit in comparison to the dispirited shambles that Southby presided over.

NettySuperFan

All those years she coached unsuccessfully in the ANZ Champs with almost a full Silver Ferns team? Just one title. With the players she had, it should have been at least 2 and more likely 3. :dontknow:

Yep, short memories. When she finally retires we can assess her whole career, and put the underperformance 2008 to 2011 against what she achieves later. Taurua’s performance in the last few years says she is a seriously good coach,but I also think she is getting credit in comparison to the dispirited shambles that Southby presided over.

True and True. Okay I’ll re-word it a bit then: I think she is one of the best, if not THE best, netball coach at this current point in time.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I don’t think Fever will be that good in 2019. Medhurst owned that attack end and made Coyler and Charles look decent.
    Vixens will be hard to stop

CharlesWB

I think it will be a *very* interesting season. Significant changes to most of this season’s finalists.

I don’t think Fever will be much worse than this year, yes Nat was an on-court leader but 1 player does not a netball team make.

Magpies are looking like being a force I think. They have an excellent roster, and a coach who can get good results from players (even if he doesn’t always stick around ;-)   )

Tbirds will be interesting, they have potential, but so did they last year really. New team, new coach. Let’s hope it’s not a case of wash, rinse, repeat.

Vixens, should go well, mainly settled player list plus a good addition.

Giants, have some changes. Or is it just evolution? So will be interesting to see how they go.

Swifts largely unchanged this year (being the third year) really has to be the crunch year I think.

Sunshine Coast, a couple of major changes at each end. This year may well be the *real* telling of the success, or otherwise, of coach Noels. (Not dismissing the achievement of winning back-to-back titles in any way)

Firebirds (always find it hard to be objective or even overly confident with “my” team) I think a lot revolves around the success of the circle defence in the post-Geitz era. Can Clemesha live up to the accolades she so often receives from fans and commentators? (Personally, I am ambivalent about her skills, hopefully I can become a fan this season) Whether Romelda manages to get her shooting % back where it should, and used to, be will be a pivotal point also.

Ian

Ian

Netball Australia announces 2019 Suncorp Super Netball dates

The first nine rounds of the season will be played from 27 April to 23 June.

At this date, a four-week break for the 2019 NWC will take place.

At the conclusion of the NWC, the Samsung Diamonds and other international players who have represented their countries at the NWC will return to their respective Suncorp Super Netball clubs for the final five rounds of the Suncorp Super Netball season which will take place from 27 July to 25 August.

The 2019 SSN finals series will then roll out as follows:
    Semi-finals – 31 August and 1 September
    Preliminary final – 8 September
    Grand final – 15 September

summerhill3

Charles – it wouldn’t surprise me to see Hinchliffe get a run at GK during the season. She’s only 4cm shorter than Clemesha and I’d be fascinated to see her work with Jenner. I think Jencke will use Clem against the tallest shooters, but we could see Hinchliffe against the more mobile ones.

summerhill3

The difference with Taurua is that she did a Masters in Perfornance Sport after her Magic stint. So she’s added science to ability and instinct, and it’s most likely made a difference.

CharlesWB

Charles – it wouldn’t surprise me to see Hinchliffe get a run at GK during the season. She’s only 4cm shorter than Clemesha and I’d be fascinated to see her work with Jenner. I think Jencke will use Clem against the tallest shooters, but we could see Hinchliffe against the more mobile ones.

That’s a pairing I’d like to see for sure!

Ian

Ian

Ian

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.