2019 SSN ROUND 7 – FEVER v GIANTS

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN ROUND 7 – FEVER v GIANTS

This topic contains 95 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jun 11, 2019 at 6:12 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Bluebird

I don’t understand why Green was MVP.

I’m wondering if the official time keepers are slow to stop the clock because they can’t hear the umpire call time? The crowd was very loud at the end.

Ian

Just speaking statistically there were several players who had better games than Green.

Turningpoint

It was nice to read the comments on GWS. They have perfected the off ball stuff.

No offence to the time keeper. But I give you one job to do!?!

As for 4 seconds getting the MVP. I feel that sometimes it just defaults to certain players or positions.

As for Stanton 1/2. That’s putting the queue in the rack. It’s an embarrassment to GA bibs everywhere. It might be the game plan. It is rubbish.

We will not see any improvement from either KS or ATN under this structure. There is little or no variation to the circle. That is fine.

Bombing Fowler can/will win you games. It’s hardly a day’s work preparing this game plan.

Anyway…………..1 from 2. It is just so under 10’s.

JR

“Anyway…………..1 from 2. It is just so under 10’s.”

ha ha ha…..there goes my FT scores….blerch Stanton

…..and blerch Marinkovich if it’s your game plan  …Fever, where GAs go to die…that awful game plan almost got you to the Premiership last year, but it’s not working this year….EXCELLENT.

And 26 penalties to Bruce…..how many were for ill disciplined rough play? 26 is more than double any other defender, including Poolman and Manu’a who can be pretty rough at times. You played like a thug  at times last night Bruce.

mcleod

If Bruce brings her 26 penalties a game to the WC, then Aus won’t win the final, or maybe not even make it.

We saw it in the Ferns win in the Con Cup last year, massive penalty count against Bruce and the team, big loss.

Quad series game in Jan, again against the Ferns final Q penalty count massive against Bruce, and the team 24-7, Aus just held on.

Bruce struggles against the moving shooting circle both NZ and England will bring that to the WC.

She is a good GK, but far to often does Bull Dozer antics.  Sort it out please.

Jedwa

…..and blerch Marinkovich if it’s your game plan …Fever, where GAs go to die…that awful game plan almost got you to the Premiership last year, but it’s not working this year….EXCELLENT.

And if that is the game plan, it’s completely irrational that Fowler was playing so high in the goal circle throughout the last quarter. How many times did she receive the ball at the edge of the circle and pass straight out again?

Green’s MVP was a a little mystifying. I wonder if it was made before she caused that second-last Giants turnover by running right up to Harten for a short pass?

netballcrazy1

I just watched the replay for the last minute of this game, they really need to make sure there is consistency with timing. It is not fair on players, teams, viewers, or umpires for there to be these, as we saw here, crucial differences in the timers that the umpires and players use. It is too misleading

Nettynut

KS – 1/3 dear oh dear

But she is soooooo good, just ask her!

Giving up those house parties and jet ski days really paid off!

Very petty !!

Pardalote

…Fever, where GAs go to die…

Ha! We could put that on a t shirt

Nettynut

A GA can shoot goals, they can also feed. Stanton had 21 assists = 21 goals.  It was a draw. No-one won, no-one lost and no-one died. If you have a player like Fowler you’d be mad not to target her.

perrycom

KS – 1/3 dear oh dear

Very petty !!

Not sure why people feel the need to make personal attacks on players. I just read and re-read the article by Stanton and cannot see why people are so intent on having a go at her. All the players are out there week in week out giving the best they can, let’s celebrate the positive things they do rather than focus on the negative. She had 24 goal assists  and 18 centre pass receives, so she was reasonably effective . She also scored 59 NNP .

Nettynut

A GA can shoot goals, they can also feed. Stanton had 21 assists = 21 goals. It was a draw. No-one won, no-one lost and no-one died. If you have a player like Fowler you’d be mad not to target her.

Ooh I  need to correct 21 to 24. Even better.

Turningpoint

I was harsh. I was really enquisitive as to the game plan. And I have a real concern that these 2 ‘Australian’ GA’s at the Fever aren’t growing. The only player whose capability is being achieved is Fowler.

The feeder role seems to have less complexity when the focus is 1. That’s more an opinion than statistically proven.

I was also indiscretely making enquires as to the job description of a GA.

I only referred to U10’s as it reminded me of bomb it in to the big kid when I watched on for a season. The GA did the same. The GA took no shots.  The other girls learned nothing. And in the end neither did the big kid.

kylaboss

KS – 1/3 dear oh dear

Very petty !!

Not sure why people feel the need to make personal attacks on players. I just read and re-read the article by Stanton and cannot see why people are so intent on having a go at her. All the players are out there week in week out giving the best they can, let’s celebrate the positive things they do rather than focus on the negative. She had 24 goal assists and 18 centre pass receives, so she was reasonably effective . She also scored 59 NNP .

It’s Tall Poppy Syndrome, the favourite Aussie pastime

blondebomb

Also perrycom I guess many were compaing it with Maweni’s story that came out the same time and she gave up so much for netball, then we hear of Stanton having to give up parties and things that Maweni would have only dreamed of having.

Lets keep it in perspective. Nothing against Stanton. .just seem a poor copy spin off Maweni’s totally awe inspiring story.

Just my opinion

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.