2019 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v MAGPIES

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v MAGPIES

This topic contains 109 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  tasman Aug 15, 2019 at 11:22 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    NettySuperFan

Also at about 4.30 left in the first quarter, Courtney gives Gabby Sinclair a real hard shove out of court, which may not have been as dangerous but was definitely bad sportsmanship and completely unnecessary.

hiphop

The Hollywood from Bruce at the end pushed it into grub territory for me, I’m afraid. Sometimes the odd clothesline happens in netball, but most players immediately are apologetic for it – not trying to milk a penalty their own way.

The amusing thing about it was how Medhurst blatantly refused her hand and how put out Bruce appeared to be about it.

I’m a big Medhurst fan, but my glasses aren’t that tinted to believe she’s perfect – I suspect she is extremely competitive and not backwards in coming forwards and saying her piece (wanted or even warranted or not). However that incident was dirty and unnecessary (I can’t recall seeing Bruce ever swing an arm out at head height to shut down a baseline). In rugby that would have been a yellow card. It’s a pity netball doesn’t have a review process in place to knock things like that.

And I wouldn’t have let her pick me up either!

+1

+2

It was a dirty move. Tara Hinchliffe was the top of the week with her similar hit on Nat which was reckless but this was much more on purpose. I had a laugh when Courtney got sulky first about being stood out and then when Nat refused her hand. She deserved both.

olivia

Interesting game to watch. Magpies did well, but unfortunately it wasn’t a top four performance.  I love the control and calmness that Brazil brings to centre court + the speed that Rav brings to WD, it’s a really powerful combo – If only the Pies had developed that earlier. Medhurst is great when she’s actually putting up shots. Great to see Gabby get the start, I reckon Medhurst plays better when brought off the bench.

Fever is  sad a team to watch. They lack structure in their attack and look to me as if they play with a hot head. They have the luxury of having JFR in the back and it’s a weapon they haven’t learned to utilised. I do really like some of the players in the Fever camp, JFR, Charles, ATN (when she’s not shooting)… but in general Fever is a pretty unlikeable team. Hope there are some changes to come in the future.

Yay to the Thunderbirds going up to 6th!

Fever is a hard team to like? That is very harsh!

every player gives their best. You can see them trying their guts out week in and weak out. What’s not to like about Anstiss, Colyer, Francis,. Bruce is getting a bad wrap on here but one bad international game shouldn’t dismiss her as a fantastic GK. She is ball winner.

I can understand the perspective that fever is hard to like, I don’t exactly find myself cheering them on.

I think my dislike boils down to Marinkovich and her attitude. Over the years the cameras have caught her making faces and saying what can only be assumed as rude comments (I realise every coach has probably done this but it always seemed to be Stacey M) and also she was caught on the tv giving umpire Tara Warner a mouthful. This is just my view of her though.

The attitude of Bruce doesn’t make it any better. I try to like her but she seems to get too erratic in fever games (not really for diamonds). It’s like she thinks because she’s captain she can get away with the backchat and facial expressions/dramatics but not in the diamonds as she is only new

Havingalook

She is really attracting a lot of whistle at the moment. Lots of calls for “grabbing” and holding the player”

When you add the intentional crap on top of this it’s just way too much.

And then that annoying fake smile. CONSTANTLY!

tasman

She is really attracting a lot of whistle at the moment. Lots of calls for “grabbing” and holding the player”

When you add the intentional crap on top of this it’s just way too much.

And then that annoying fake smile. CONSTANTLY!

Omg yes!! It’s quite condescending – like “hahaha what a stupid call”. Someone mentioned the same thing about Jamie Lee Price laughing inappropriately. But i can’t help but feel Courtney’s fake smile is more sinister… 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.