2019 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v MAGPIES

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v MAGPIES

This topic contains 109 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  tasman Aug 15, 2019 at 11:22 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Between Brazill and Medhurst… zero turnovers.

The Ash Brazill that I remember playing C for Fever would have been NO chance of playing four quarters for zero turnovers.

mcleod

A TN 3/8 seriously she is getting worse.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Bruce :rolleyes:

Such a cheap shot on Medhurst.

Strong performance.  Losing those 3 bonus points won’t help Pies though,  tough run home

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Fowler doesn’t look happy at Fever this year.

Fowler ATN Francis Charles Coyler Eagland Anstiss are all signed for 2020 or longer (even though deals can be broken……)

Lewis Stanton are 1 year deals right?

I think Bruce is on multi year deal but can’t find an article online.

Fever need to really beef up that GA WA area

Havingalook

Anyone heard is Madi is coming back next season or is she retiring?

That’s 2 ACL’s isn’t it? And she’s already retired from internationals. Maybe come back for another year to play with Kelsey then wind up?

NettySuperFan

Did anyone else see when Courtney Bruce full-on shoved Gabby Sinclair out of court. The umpire must have missed it during the game, because it wasn’t called, but it seemed very deliberate

Mooz

Did anyone else see when Courtney Bruce full-on shoved Gabby Sinclair out of court. The umpire must have missed it during the game, because it wasn’t called, but it seemed very deliberate

I didn’t catch that, but it doesn’t surprise me one bit.

I will never understand how Courtney Bruce is seen as captain material.

Nachos

What was the crowd’s response to Medhurst? Did she get a bit of a cheer?

nanator

Yeap, definitely saw that. It happened right infront of the umpire too, but I think Francis also gave away a penalty on Nelson when that happened.

nanator

Interesting game to watch. Magpies did well, but unfortunately it wasn’t a top four performance.  I love the control and calmness that Brazil brings to centre court + the speed that Rav brings to WD, it’s a really powerful combo – If only the Pies had developed that earlier. Medhurst is great when she’s actually putting up shots. Great to see Gabby get the start, I reckon Medhurst plays better when brought off the bench.

Fever is  sad a team to watch. They lack structure in their attack and look to me as if they play with a hot head. They have the luxury of having JFR in the back and it’s a weapon they haven’t learned to utilised. I do really like some of the players in the Fever camp, JFR, Charles, ATN (when she’s not shooting)… but in general Fever is a pretty unlikeable team. Hope there are some changes to come in the future.

Yay to the Thunderbirds going up to 6th!

James

Fever need a strong GA and C. Everyone talks about WA but Charles is actually a good WA. If they had Fowler, GA, Charles, Anstiss, Eagland, Bruce, Lewis I think they could do quite well but it seems Colyer is a coach favourite and they seem hell bent on Anstiss as a WD

hiphop

Bruce’s arm smashing into Medurst was bad. Has anyone shared a replay of it? Or do they only make a big deal of it when it is a young player and not a Diamond who should know better?

jabes

EastWest

I don’t think it will be long before Klau and Mannix overtake Bruce in the GK position. Courtney’s best chance is at GD. I thought Bruce would keep developing but I was quite surprised how she went completely flat in the WC final, she looked way out of her depth.

When you think about her last couple of years she has been in the losing team of 3 big games. To me, she hasn’t shown the ability to step up when it really counts like so many Goal Keepers before her.

Luvpav

I agree with this team although I would include Francis in there somewhere.

GA is a HUGE problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.