2019 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – SWIFTS v VIXENS

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – SWIFTS v VIXENS

This topic contains 166 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Sep 9, 2019 at 8:58 pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 166 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Carrol

My problem with Philip is she is always the go to player in the circle, which is fine when she is on.  She normally is but in some games, gets the wobbles in big moments, like yesterday.  She often is the outstanding GA of all the teams for most of the season and then in those important games at the end of the season goes missing – a little like yesterday.  Whether that was because she was dragged further forward because the feed into the circle was well handled by Swifts defence, or whether the change between Moloney and Watson wasn’t the best I don’t know.  I only know, that she is one of the few GAs that once she catches the ball in the circle, very rarely looks forward to the GS.  If she doesn’t like the circle position as she catches the ball, she is already looking outside to a feeder to re-position herself, rarely to her partner in the circle.  One of the reasons Thwaites, who had a blinder last year at Collingwood, rode the pine a bit this year.  You can’t drag Philip because Vixens don’t have a viable alternative so Thwaites is yanked.  And as I said in an earlier post, the beginning of the end for Caitie, one of my favourite players and one of the nicest!

Interesting this comment as I have often seen Philip this way but wondered if it was because I am a Thwaites fan. She has stood strong as a diamond and seemingly happily played second fiddle to Bassett as a diamond. On Sunday I was hoping that when Tegan started making errors that they would put Thwaites on at GA. However she sat on the bench and cheere the others. She has been so strong for Vixens this year I hope she gets a contract.

Ian

Viewing 2 posts - 166 through 167 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.