2019 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – SWIFTS v VIXENS

Home Forum Australia 2019 SSN PRELIMINARY FINAL – SWIFTS v VIXENS

This topic contains 166 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Sep 9, 2019 at 8:58 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    James

Klau and Rore are the better circle defenders with Turner or Halpin in front

So happy for Swifts, I was screaming at the TV in the third but they pulled it back and ran away with it in the last

Ian

So far, we’ve seen three finals and there’s been a similarity about them… disregarding any previous form, the higher placed team has stamped their authority on the match and taken it out comfortably. Many thought Vixens could win today, but Swifts were having none of it!

nanator

Awesome win from the Swifts, I was worried towards the end of the third quarter but they really pulled through. Well deserved of a place in the grand final. Hope they can bring something specatacular for next week.

I was quite worried watching Housby grab at her leg towards the end. They were up by 10 in the last 5 minutes, they should have rested her and prevented any more hits aggravating her leg injury.  They’ll need a 100% Housby for next week

TACTIXSUPPORTER

3 finals.  3 huge wins.

The last few years all final games were within a few goals,  right?

NZChampion

It’s reflective of the brilliant year Swifts have had, given the adversity they faced. Vixens, well I was hoping they would get in based on the that performance last week. But it’s not to be, go Swifts. 🔥🔥

NetballNerd

Well done swifts.

Gutted for the Vixens and Ingles.

Swifts were simply too good today.

Cath

EastWest

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/adut-akech-says-racist-photo-mix-up-should-be-a-wake-up-call-for-australia

It happened twice this week with netball players…just saying…

Are you referring to today’s game? Or other incidents?

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Ellis and Gaudion calling Kumwenda and Dehaney incorrect names  :rolleyes:

Ian

NSW Swifts through to Super Netball grand final after beating Melbourne Vixens 60-47 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-08/nsw-swifts-through-to-super-netball-final/11490512

Swifts1

So stoked with this game.I thought it was Haythornwaite’s best game for the Swifts this season by far. Turner and Klau had blinders. It was good to see Klau staying in play. It was overall team effort and most Swifts won their positions.  I hope this isn’t the Swifts GF.

Sad see another legend of the game retire. Ingles is such a classy player she gave it her all today and if they weren’t playing the Swifts I probably would have been cheering for the Vixens.

Bluebird

I’ve really enjoyed watching Rore in SSN, she works so hard in the midcourt. Pity she can’t stay with the Swifts.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

What a performance from Swifts.  Was that their final?

Housby should have came off in that last quarter though.  10 up and she could hardly run!

al_ex

Great fight from the Swifts! The most intensity they’ve shown since the Giants game before the WC break. One of the best games I’ve ever seen Turner played, might have played herself into the Diamonds. The same girls who stepped up in the Round 10 clash (Klau/Hadley/Haythornthwaite) easily won their positions again today.

I can’t believe the Vixens were in the same position four of the last five weeks and McKinnis shows so little awareness of where the problems actually lie. If Mannix had 10 intercepts she would have still been benched, Moloney didn’t drive the whole game so I don’t know why WA would be the position to move her into. If they really don’t want to develop depth on the bench or a structural plan B they could have at least done something as simple as swapping Ingles and Moloney for a quarter. It’s a shame to see them make the same mistakes over and over again because when they bring their best they’re great to watch. They just seem to struggle in general under pressure, even their best performers Watson and Weston were very quiet in the first half.

I really hope it doesn’t happen but I can’t help but think Thwaites might get dropped from the Diamonds after this for Koenen. And this has surely put the nails in the coffin for Philip and Moloney’s hopes.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Don’t understand why McKinnis didn’t give Dunkley a run the last month.  That midcourt was the problem

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.