2019 QUAD SERIES (Jan 13 – Liverpool)

Home Forum International 2019 QUAD SERIES (Jan 13 – Liverpool)

This topic contains 390 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jan 20, 2019 at 12:42 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    TheBroadbean

I’d go with Fisher over Corbin.

Dunn is getting better with age. She’ll maybe get more game time until we know Jo Harten’s fitness levels although with her being named shows she’s fine.

Ian

Not a bad selection but five circle defenders seems like overkill – unless they’re looking at Williams as a WD (wasn’t convinced at the weekend tbh).

I think Williams IS being looked at as a GD/WD.

Jinxibo

Just watching  a reply of the super 10s. Cookey said SA would not release any players for the ESL super 10s weekend. Also SA don’t have a warm-up game against England A…

what is Norma upto :dontknow:

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Strong team.
    Fisher is unlucky but Dunn is in career best form.

Ian

Ian

Just watching a reply of the super 10s. Cookey said SA would not release any players for the ESL super 10s weekend. Also SA don’t have a warm-up game against England A…

what is Norma upto :dontknow:

The first Quad Series game is this week. If by some chance there were Aust or NZ players in the VNSL, pretty sure they’d be kept away from club games to concentrate on the internationals too. There’s nothing untoward about it. It’s just recognition that international games are more important than club games. Not sure about the England A situation, but again, whatever SA want to do with their preparation is completely up to them.

Ash72

Surprised not to see Fisher but happy for Dunn.

Very pleased for Fran Williams to get another opportunity.

Would like to see Pitman play at C in at least a couple of quarters and earn her keep: it’s so restricting having someone play only one position in a squad….. unless you are an epic GS like Irene Van Dyke  (I’m looking beyond the quad series to potential selections for WC squad).

NZChampion

I’m really anxious to see the Mikaere experiment. Just to determine whether to go with it or scrap the idea forever. 😂 There’s no more hiding now girl! Burger/ Watson are formidable GDs along with Casey too. So she will be well supported in front.

Poi in the middle just adds enthusiasm that I can’t wait to see. She’s a hunter and we haven’t had that heavy defensive speed in the middle since Langman ditched us (just jokes). She’s also an amazing attacker and has quick hands so I’m hoping her SFs career starts with an immediate impact.

Souness, well there’s something about her that makes me nervous. But when she let’s that ball go she sure can zip around that circle. Crampton and Langman do have a better understanding though.

Maia is going to have her work cut out against Geva/ Bruce and the SA defence. But we have to see what she can do. Eke had a great combo with her at Pulse so hopefully we see that combination more. Plus Eke actually rebounds as well (yes that was shade Maria).

I will be upgrading my Sky as I downgraded during the cricket season. 🤮 Roll on and let the games begin!

Mooz

I still don’t understand why Souness is there, Poi has definitely earned selection. Three WA/C players in one team is not necessary, but a fourth shooter is. I wish Mes were on this tour.

minkie

Would’ve loved to have seen Bailey have one shot (lol) under Noeline but it is what it is Mooz.  Personally I think its crazy not having an extra shooter (whoever it is/was).  Noelines hoping for 2 out of 3.  If other teams play like they have this past year or so I’d be surprised if 1 out of 3.  But we’ll see I guess.  I hope Ammelianne has a great series as well as Maia and its not always down to Maria.  God help us if one of them gets injured and the other has an unlucky run.

Kat

I still don’t understand why Souness is there, Poi has definitely earned selection. Three WA/C players in one team is not necessary, but a fourth shooter is. I wish Mes were on this tour.

I think Noeline is still now sold on Crampton and neither am I.  Crampton can have some good periods, but certainly has some very bad ones as well.

I agree though I wish Mes was there as well, to give her another chance.

I just hope everyone gets a go on court, I want to see how they play.  I really want to see Poi in centre with Langman at WD with either souness or Crampton at WA.

Looking forward to the games.   :-D

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Mes or Dunn should be there. Even as a training partner

Ian

summerhill3

Not a fan of the Diamonds new training/travelling kit. I loved that deeper green they used to wear.

Ian

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.