2019 QUAD SERIES (Jan 13 – Liverpool)

Home Forum International 2019 QUAD SERIES (Jan 13 – Liverpool)

This topic contains 390 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jan 20, 2019 at 12:42 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Ash72

I honestly don’t think England will get any better. Harten is so important for them.

Aus will come back strong and will be the team to beat

SA will be a force if they have their top players

We can get better but our younger players need exposure at a high level now to get there. I hope Neville uses the Quad series to really push Fisher as I see her as our brightest future hope. Still undecided which of our young GK’s is the forerunner. I would rather be defeated in a few quad series games and learn from it than play our strongest team and cross fingers they’re all injury free at WC. We could also do with developing another strong C.

Australia will be deadly: they learn from their mistakes so quickly; no one ever gets a run of victories against them!

South Africa are so unpredictable, I’m looking forward to seeing what they do.

Ian

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Going to be a VERY interesting series for Ferns.

Folau/Eke are world class GAs but i am unsure if Wilson is the right GS.

Would love to see a Souness Poi Langman midcourt. Will be the fastest midcourt in years. Sinclair also! Crampton also to fight for that WA position, but will be over taken by Souness this series IMO.
    Kopua will operate at GK, hopefully we see Watson develop her international GD game . Burger will also be worth watching.
    Erena Mikere will need a big series
    Still think NZ should have taken Dunn as a training partner at least

Ian

Kat

Going to be a VERY interesting series for Ferns.

Folau/Eke are world class GAs but i am unsure if Wilson is the right GS.

Would love to see a Souness Poi Langman midcourt. Will be the fastest midcourt in years. Sinclair also! Crampton also to fight for that WA position, but will be over taken by Souness this series IMO.

Kopua will operate at GK, hopefully we see Watson develop her international GD game . Burger will also be worth watching.

Erena Mikere will need a big series

Still think NZ should have taken Dunn as a training partner at least

Yes I would like to see that midcourt combo too.

Im not sure about the shooting end either.  If Maia can play like she did in the u21 then she will do well.

Big series for the Ferns and Noeline.  Will be looking forward to the games, hope we can win a couple.

EBOPNetball

Honestly Dont Think Souness will be NZ Top WA the thing about crampton that she stoop up too was what noeliene was always saying consistancy she stamped her foot down in CC and no WD had answers for her until the final game. Her combination with laura certainly is there and her vision and knowledge of the job is almost like liz watson like watch her and langman always working in tandom ones off one drives on souness to me isnt ready not to mention her unsecure hands always dropping the ball

Ian

England team has just been named…

Serena Guthrie (C)
    Jade Clarke (VC)
    Rachel Dunn
    Jo Harten
    Nat Haythornthwaite
    Helen Housby
    Layla Guscoth
    Geva Mentor
    Chelsea Pitman
    Razia Quashie
    Eboni Usoro-Brown
    Francesca Williams

TheBroadbean

They seem to change the captain around every series!

TheBroadbean

I think this is the team most people would have picked with the big issue over Dunn or Fisher.

I personally would have picked the same and would go for the experience Rachel Dunn brings. She is also more than capable at GA so it makes sense.

Glad Quashie has been picked too as she was really good for Mavs on Saturday. Would have her starting over Keable to be fair.

Jinxibo

Interesting selection.

I think change of captain is because Ama is still recovering from injury. Gibson had  knee surgery so is not available.

5 circle defenders hmm …  it is a strong group. Can’t wait to see if Razia and Fran get any court time.

TheBroadbean

I would have probably gone with Geva as she was a captain previously!

Less pressure though and Guthrie is very vocal which is what you need.

Fluffy

Not a bad selection but five circle defenders seems like overkill – unless they’re looking at Williams as a WD (wasn’t convinced at the weekend tbh).  Guess it depends where they’re using Haythornthwaite but I think we need another C/WA option (Marshall or Panagarry?) to have more exposure, just in case.  Ama’s injury must be worse than we have been told.

Is the baby Corbin experiment finally over?

TheBroadbean

Ama has been named in the England A squad along with the Corbins and Gabby Marshall so I’m thinking she is just looking at getting some game play under her belt.

Jinxibo

England A

Ella Clark Gabby Marshall Summer Artman
    Ellie Cardwell Iona Darroch Ama Agbeze (STF)
    Kadeen Corbin (VC) Sasha Corbin Rebekah Airey
    George Fisher Natalie Panagarry (C) Laura Malcolm

playing the Diamonds and Ferns but not SA.

The only 2 players to miss out are Halimat Adio and Iona Darroch. Gibson and Cobden were not named as part of the long squad.

Ama is subject to fitness ?? Artman and Airey won’t be strong enough, they’ll get a good workout  :thank_you:

Jinxibo

Not a bad selection but five circle defenders seems like overkill – unless they’re looking at Williams as a WD (wasn’t convinced at the weekend tbh). Guess it depends where they’re using Haythornthwaite but I think we need another C/WA option (Marshall or Panagarry?) to have more exposure, just in case. Ama’s injury must be worse than we have been told.

Is the baby Corbin experiment finally over?

NO. I think it all depends on Dunn and what impact she’ll make.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 391 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.