2019 QUAD SERIES (Jan 19 & 20 – London)

Home Forum International 2019 QUAD SERIES (Jan 19 & 20 – London)

This topic contains 393 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jan 24, 2019 at 1:36 am.

Viewing 4 posts - 391 through 394 (of 394 total)
  • Author
    Tully

Tully, I don’t think Bruce has had a chance to force that change since the CWG given Harten was out of the last quad series. I don’t think H/H have played against Australia together since then.

True. But Bruce was on court in the Commonwealth Games final.

Sorry to get technical again but she did actually force a change in the CWG final, Corbin came on… And to be fair, Bruce didn’t start that game, she came on to replace Geitz.

Corbin came on at GS? I’ve forgotten that!
    To be clear in no way was I criticising Bruce so she doesn’t need defending. My comment is more that Mannix did do good things in her court time and was probably not as poor as portrayed. I was focusing on Mannix.

EastWest

Tully, I don’t think Bruce has had a chance to force that change since the CWG given Harten was out of the last quad series. I don’t think H/H have played against Australia together since then.

True. But Bruce was on court in the Commonwealth Games final.

Sorry to get technical again but she did actually force a change in the CWG final, Corbin came on… And to be fair, Bruce didn’t start that game, she came on to replace Geitz.

Corbin came on at GS? I’ve forgotten that!

To be clear in no way was I criticising Bruce so she doesn’t need defending. My comment is more that Mannix did do good things in her court time and was probably not as poor as portrayed. I was focusing on Mannix.

It was a brief cameo at GA! And she did not do well.. but thanks for explaining, I hope Mannix stays too because I think she’s the best option we have after Bruce and moving forward.

NettySuperFan

Just thought I’d add my bit. But WOW!! That was an amazing quad series. All they games were great and even the sa v aus, and eng v nz, were both really interesting. Burger did make a massive difference for SA in C and I’m glad to see her return. I think SA would have done a lot better in game 1 if she stayed on but she may have gone of due to lack of fitness since she has been out for a while which would be far enough. I was also really impressed with van de Mervwe (?) The wd. She has really grown and was really great for all 3 games.

England would have gained so much confidence from that won over Aus, if they can carry that through to world cup, I can just see them winning it all just based on their momentum. Fran Williams was a lot better than I thought she would be, even in her short cameo.

Silver Ferns solidifying combos and moving forward with it all. A fit Kopua for wc will be scary and if folua and eke can solidify the combo they should do well.

Aus really showed they can still play some great netball even with 3 of their starters and should be pleased with the performance. Great that thwarted got A whole 60 minutes against silver ferns and great mannix got on the court.

All the team’s will be going away from this series considering it to be a success which is great! Now a whole 6 months till WC at least their is vitality super league, anz premiership and son though.

Ian

Viewing 4 posts - 391 through 394 (of 394 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.