2019 NS FANTASY NETBALL

Home Forum Competitions 2019 NS FANTASY NETBALL

This topic contains 284 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Jun 25, 2019 at 8:43 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 285 total)
  • Author
    Ian

It’s that time again.

Go here to check out the rules…

2019 FN Rules

And here is the opening price list along with each player’s stats for last year…

2019 Prices – Round 1

Jinxibo

Thanks Ian

I didn’t join in last year so, sorry if i ask a question that has already been asked…

How come Layla G, who is new to SSN, costs more than Dehaney, who is on her 3rd season?

James

PM to you with our teams like last year Ian?

Ian

Thanks Ian

I didn’t join in last year so, sorry if i ask a question that has already been asked…

How come Layla G, who is new to SSN, costs more than Dehaney, who is on her 3rd season?

The prices are done like this…

Any player who played at least 3 games last year (like Dehaney), their price is based on their average score. Dehaney’s average last year was 76.6. That means her price is $75,000. Only one exception to that rule this year was Kumwenda. I’ve discounted her price by $20,000 because of her injury.

With new or returning players, I make a judgement on their status and ability. The new international players like Guscoth are priced at either $100,000, $80,000, $60,000 or $40,000. So she is ranked on the 2nd highest level along with most of the new imports. There are just two players on the highest level, Langman and Sterling.

Ian

PM to you with our teams like last year Ian?

Yes. Make sure you read the rules first.

That’s what I prefer, sending me a PM. But I think some people have had some trouble sending PMs. If that’s the case, just let me know and I guess I can give those people my email address.

NettySuperFan

I didn’t see anything in the rules about WD and whether their points are doubled. Is this still going to be the case or are they going to recieve points the same as every else.

Also, I’ve noticed several players with multiple positions next to them, are we able to pick them for either position, and are you going to revert them to one position when the season starts when its clear what position they are likely to play. Thanks

Ian

No, that’s a change. WD doesn’t get any bonus points this year. I’ve made other changes to the scoring system which help WDs out a bit, but it is still clearly the lowest scoring position. So you will have to take that into account.

Yes, some players do have two positions listed and you can pick them for either. And they are listed for those positions for the whole year. And as per usual, it doesn’t matter if a player doesn’t play in the position she’s listed for, you still get the points.

JR

Sorry, got a bit of a head cold and my brain is fuzzy….have a question re<< if your GA is out, the bench shooter comes into the starting lineup, even if they are a GS.>.

What about someone who plays across two of the zones eg a WA/GA or a GD/WD…do you specify them for one of the zones. If they’re on your bench and the GA goes off, that player comes on as GA? What if you want them to play WA if the WA comes off. Is this allowed?

Ian

No, you just have one bench player for each third of the court. It’s up to you to nominate which third. There are I think about 6 players who are either WA/GA or GD/WD. With these players, they can only replace a player in the third of the court that you nominate them for. So let’s say you have a WA/GA and you put them down as a bench shooter. That means they can only replace a shooter.

BUT…you can move them around from week to week. You don’t have to keep them as a bench shooter the following week. As an example, someone like Kiera Austin can be picked in 4 different positions in your team… GA, WA, bench shooter, bench midcourter.

JR

Thanks Ian.

And, can you give me another $75K …I love my team, just need the extra $$$$ to make it legal!

Ian

Ha ha, no can do. Was originally going to be $675,000 (because that’s what the real salary caps basically are), but the top players’ prices have gone up from what they usually are so that would have made it REALLY hard.

James

I found $750000 was actually a good price. A couple of good benchies this year who I think will get some good game time

Ian

Yeah, I could have kept it at $675,000 and made it very hard, but decided against that. There are some good cheapies as you say.

JR

I’m pleased with how close I got on my first cut…..have time to make the requisite changes to get under the salary cap.

Ian, I didn’t participate last year, I left it late and I thought it was too hard. I remember having a conversation here on the Forum with you about strategies to tackle it….so far I’ve gone for the obvious who’s above and below the magic $75K mark…needs more finessing. I’ve just found the other strategies, which don’t seem to completely fit for the rules of the 2019 comp but I will try them out on my next go at my team:

<<Best way to do it (in my opinion) is that in each section of the court, you really need a cheap player (about $30,000) and possibly 2 in the midcourt, so that your four extended squad players should ideally cost no more than about $150,000. That leaves $850,000 for the ten scoring players which is an average of $85,000.>>

Ian

It’s sort of the same strategy here except the game’s quite different this year.

Last year, there were 14 players and the big difference was that 4 of them took no part for you each week and just sat on the sidelines. It didn’t matter that much if they didn’t play as you didn’t need their scores. As a result, $1million was definitely too much last year. It made it too easy. The salary cap should have been more like $900,000.

This year on the other hand, you ideally need all 10 of your players playing. Obviously your starting 7, but also you want your bench players playing too. So that means you can’t just afford to pick any old bench player. you have to pick ones you think are going to get good court time.

Players can probably be divided into 4 groups…

A – 100,000+
    B – 75,000 – 95,000
    C – 50,000 – 70,000
    D – 25000 – 45000

Most teams will probably have 3 or maybe 4 players from group A. But I would say that a good type of team structure to aim for is something like 3 from A, 2 from B, 2 from C and 3 from D. Something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.