2019 Netball Europe (Belfast Sep 27-29)

Home Forum International 2019 Netball Europe (Belfast Sep 27-29)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jinxibo Sep 14, 2019 at 4:46 am.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Halimat Adio
    Rebekah Airey*
    Iona Christian (C)
    Zara Everitt (VC)
    Funmi Fadoju
    Ally Housley
    Berri Neil
    Jasmin Odeogberin
    Yasmin Parsons (C)
    Emilia Roscoe
    Kira Rothwell
    Sienna Rushton

* Subject to Fitness

Head Coach Sam Bird
    Assistant coach Emily Perry

Jinxibo

Okay, this is strange and not the team I was expecting. Three of these players are also named in the U21 team for Netball Europe taking place 4-6 October.

Netball Europe U21 Champoinship

Jinxibo

Interesting…

England Netball has announced the names of 15 athletes that will be traveling to Australia and New Zealand for a behind closed doors tournament later this month.

Squad:

Imogen Allison, Summer Artman, Eleanor Cardwell,

Amy Carter, Sophie Drakeford-Lewis, George Fisher,

Laura Malcolm, Gabby Marshall, Victoria Oyesola,

Natalie Panagarry, Jessica Shaw, Kate Shimmin,

Olivia Tchine, Razia Quashie, Fran Williams

“Jess will be joined by former England player Sonia Mkoloma as Assistant Coach for the duration of the tour.”

Full Story

Joyjamie

Does this mean Sonia Mkoloma is permanently replacing Tania Obst.   seems strange Tania is not there because she is over in a Australia now and their season has ended.   is Jess trying her out to see if they can work together? Does anyone know how much coaching experience Sonia has

PhilT

Republic of Ireland team replacing them

Jinxibo

Does this mean Sonia Mkoloma is permanently replacing Tania Obst.   seems strange Tania is not there because she is over in a Australia now and their season has ended.   is Jess trying her out to see if they can work together? Does anyone know how much coaching experience Sonia has

Don’t think so according the website it’s still Tania.  I think Sonia is there to give them all a taste of full on Oz style coaching. :d_training: :d_training:

Ian

She’s had a fair bit to do with the Swifts this year, plus some coaching of the rep teams in NSW.

Ian

James

Are these national caps?

Fluffy

Okay, this is strange and not the team I was expecting. Three of these players are also named in the U21 team for Netball Europe taking place 4-6 October.

England Netball tends to use the Euro champs as a testing ground anyway – for many years they actually sent the U21 team to the senior champs, the U19s to the U21s and so on….think with such a young Roses squad (developing for the next four years) this gives the newbies quite a good grounding for the bigger challenges to come!

TwoWhiteRabbits

I think it’s bizarre Scotland have pulled out and are resting their players. Surely as an up and coming nation you’d jump at any chance to play international games especially as it’s only a short trip away. Maybe financial?

Jinxibo

England Netball tends to use the Euro champs as a testing ground anyway – for many years they actually sent the U21 team to the senior champs, the U19s to the U21s and so on….think with such a young Roses squad (developing for the next four years) this gives the newbies quite a good grounding for the bigger challenges to come!

I don’t think they count as caps, Huckle took part a few years ago and I don’t think she is considered capped.

Funmi played in the U17 team at Netball Europe this year, so it will be interesting to see how she gets on.  The games are still on youtube.

Jinxibo

I think it’s bizarre Scotland have pulled out and are resting their players. Surely as an up and coming nation you’d jump at any chance to play international games especially as it’s only a short trip away. Maybe financial?

It could be financial but I’m not sure “pulled out” is the right term. The schedule for this tournament was posted online a few months ago and Scotland was not listed.

Jinxibo

I don’t think they count as caps, Huckle took part a few years ago and I don’t think she is considered capped.

Funmi played in the U17 team at Netball Europe this year, so it will be interesting to see how she gets on.  The games are still on youtube.

OMG the matches are very one sided :lazy2: but if you want to get and idea of what Funmi is like watch the first quarter against Scotland. Funmi is GK and Barrie is GS. Scotland only score 2 goals. The feeding is poor but there is a lot of talent.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.