2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – STARS v STEEL

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – STARS v STEEL

This topic contains 70 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  TB Apr 17, 2019 at 1:22 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    minkie

Her husband was silly enough TS
    Agree with SteelSupporter, so many things went wrong last year, was this just another one? The Ferns didnt have there mojo for lots of reasons : makes you wonder.

TrentA

So, TPSR shooting up to halftime wasn’t great. Then in the second half when the game got tight and she needed to shoot with accuracy – 12/14 including 7/7 in that tense last qtr. I’ve seen her do it before. Steps up when she is needed.

The debate around the shooters that should go the to the WC is interesting. It’ll be even more interesting if anything happens that means Folau isn’t there. If that happens my current picks would be:

Ekenasio, Selby-Rickitt, Wilson and Dunn

Kat

So, TPSR shooting up to halftime wasn’t great. Then in the second half when the game got tight and she needed to shoot with accuracy – 12/14 including 7/7 in that tense last qtr. I’ve seen her do it before. Steps up when she is needed.

The debate around the shooters that should go the to the WC is interesting. It’ll be even more interesting if anything happens that means Folau isn’t there. If that happens my current picks would be:

Ekenasio, Selby-Rickitt, Wilson and Dunn

the problem with TPSR is she doesn’t step up when needed consistently.  You may of have thought she did in this game TrentA, but there have lots of games where she hasn’t.

As most people on this board knows I am not a fan of TPSR, but would love her to prove me wrong.  I still think she has fitness issues and mental issues when it comes to close games.  I would like to see her play GS, as I think that was what her position was until Flower Reid came to the Steel.  I could be wrong as I don’t follow the steel.

It wouldn’t surprise me if she is picked for the SF as there are not many choices out there for GA’s.  It could be a case of picking the best of the worse.  There are still games to play, so looking forward to see if anyone steps up consistently.

I’m not the coach, so my opinions really don’t count.  Taurua, will have a game plan in place and whoever fits it will get picked.

Baller

Very much agree with you Kat. We need someone to share the workload, especially against Singapore and Barbados. I’m not including Malawi for obvious reasons which should be a good test for starting 7.

mcleod

Very much agree with you Kat. We need someone to share the workload, especially against Singapore and Barbados. I’m not including Malawi for obvious reasons which should be a good test for starting 7.

Ferns will also play the top 3 teams from Australia’s group, which will be them plus 2 of the following  Northern Ireland, Sri Lanka or Zimbabwe.

6 games in 7 days

Baller

Besides Australia, 4 of those 6 (roughly) we should win very comfortably. However, I’m not assuming anything at all this WC.

It would be wonderful to have a strong bench as well as the top 7 starters.

mcleod

Besides Australia, 4 of those 6 (roughly) we should win very comfortably. However, I’m not assuming anything at all this WC.

Just want 12 that are fit, can’t take players that are recovering from injuries, or pregnant (Harrison 2014), or worrying about what hubby will post of social media next (Maria).

Kat

Just want 12 that are fit, can’t take players that are recovering from injuries, or pregnant (Harrison 2014), or worrying about what hubby will post of social media next (Maria).

I agree with Mcleod no unfit or injured players.  Hopefully if any are pregnant they will not put their hand up for the silver ferns.  I think I will play a wait and see game with Maria.  I do think Maria has a place in the Silver Ferns, providing nothing is said by her.   However I am hoping she will retire at the end of this season.

NZChampion

Yep agree with everyone regarding our shooters. If TP continues with this form, I’ll definitely have her on the team. That would justify Cramptons place. Because together they really are fantastic to watch when they’re on.

Maria, just keep it zipped. Don’t say a single word regarding what has happened.

Totally agree mcleod. We just want exceptionally fit athletes going to WCs. No exceptions.

Kat

The only two shooters who are going to the world cup so far is Falou and Ekenasio, barring injury, pregnancy or commenting inappropriately on social media.

Nesian

It’s a tough one with Maria. If she supports her husband one could argue she supports his views which would make it uncomfortable considering one of the SF’s is lesbian.

NZChampion

It’s a tough one with Maria. If she supports her husband one could argue she supports his views which would make it uncomfortable considering one of the SF’s is lesbian.

Yeah that would be awkward. 😕

mcleod

Yeah that would be awkward. 😕

Bit like the Tbirds 1st up game, Maria could well be up against Stacey Francis…..!!!!!! :eek:

minkie

Which SF?
    And was she at CWGs?

mcleod

Which SF?

And was she at CWGs?

Not sure and don’t think so

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.