2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – STARS v STEEL

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – STARS v STEEL

This topic contains 70 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  TB Apr 17, 2019 at 1:22 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    bennyboy

Great game, superior southern coaching got the win!

Crampton , TS Ricket and the commentary team all fantastic

Hurrah no Jenny Woods!

Wilson temperamental and  increasingly inaccurate

TS Ricket surely the 4 th shooter for NWC

No centre again for Stars just “fowler floating”

Ian

Full time: Stars 58 v Steel 60

Wilson 39/49 (80%)
    Hodges 19/24 (79%)

Potgieter 22/24 (92%)
    TP Selby-Rickit 21/27 (78%)
    O’Connell 17/24 (71%)

Assists: Reuelu-Buchanan 27
    Gains: THR Selby-Rickit 5

MVP: Crampton

mcleod

How did SR play? Ferns back up GA material?

Na

minkie

Hurrah no Jenny Woods!

Wilson temperamental and increasingly inaccurate

Not on those stats (TP)

Dunn and I wouldn’t take Maia either at  this stage

Guyza

I was thinking while watching how TPSR has battled back from early season form and showing enough good signs for SF selection. Some stronger movement and taking control of the attacking end – still a bit iffy on the shot, though. It’s easy to forget how well the Ferns have played when TPSR is firing, so would take her.

Also, I increasingly think I’d take Dunn over Wilson, although it’s very very close – perhaps the Ekenasio connection will get Dunn over the line.

On another note, Steel defence is a bit patchy. I think they’re really missing Wendy Frew & her protection of the circle defenders.

Stars didn’t miss much without Bailey and Halpenny – MRB had a solid game, and Fowler was pretty good. Hodges very promising!

Kat

Hurrah no Jenny Woods!

Wilson temperamental and increasingly inaccurate

Not on those stats (TP)

Dunn and I wouldn’t take Maia either at this stage

obviously a steel fan Bennyboy.

I thought Crampton was ok but not deserving of MVP, but like others said who else was there to give it too.  Maybe Saunders??  But she did get a warning.

Also TP is still very much a contender for the Silver Ferns.  I wouldn’t pick her at the moment, but there are still games to play.

I didn’t like the commentary much today.  They obviously loved the steel. A bit more balance would be a lot better.

I too like many people liked Hodges, I wonder if she would consider living in Christchurch.  Joke people! She probably wants to go back to Australia.

mcleod

Stars have the Tactix (twice), Mystic (the defence figured out Nweke last time), Steel and Pulse , left to play.

3 wins and that should get them a top 3 spot, they got the bonus point today.

Hodges did pretty well today, she might stick around for 2020.

Nesian

Who are your other picks, Eke, Maria, Jen O’Connell :acute:

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Watched replay. Good game.
    Stars did well without Bailey.
    Hodges is good! She will get a contract in Aus next year.
    She is the type of GA NZ need to find! Players like Nweke, Dunn, Wilson, Bird ,Mcphee are all strong holding shooters. A GA like Hodges will be great!

Bluebird

Great close game, look forward to when all games are tight contests like that.

I still think Saunders is the dark horse candidate for WC selection.

Too much switching around for Stars imo. And they must recruit a real c next season and start developing MRB in another position. Her bio describes her as a WA/C/GA so if she can shoot developing her as a WA/GA would be an advantage. Not many of those around.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Saunders was solid today, but we all know she hasn’t really performed at Ferns level.
    Her ability to cover WA and C with ease might help her but IMO Poi and Sinclair are better options at C

mcleod

Saunders was solid today, but we all know she hasn’t really performed at Ferns level.

Her ability to cover WA and C with ease might help her but IMO Poi and Sinclair are better options at C

Very high penalty count for a C. Has never really done it for me in her Ferns appearances.

SteelSupporter101

I know I’m a steel supporter but I would definitely take TP to the would cup. She is starting to come right at the right end of the season. she took control of that shooting circle today and offers a lot outside the circle. Her shooting % I would like to see much higher but I read that she’s been asked to change her shooting action and that’s why she’s been having some low % but feels like gets getting better.

I personally would take Dunn over Wilson which seems harsh but I feel like You can get under Wilson’s Skin and put her off which you can’t do with Dunn.

My biggest Question is do you take Queen Maria, with her backing and supporting her husband will she be a cancer that the team doesn’t need. Cause some of these girls maybe gay themselves and they are actually going to be playing gay men in the series coming up. She as the potential to be a rot that Noeline may not want in her team. Let’s face it she’s hardly a team player to begin with either.

Baller

Fortunately, we have enough games in the season to find the most in-form 3rd or 4th shooters. Both Wilson and TP are still in the mix along with others.

But it really depends on what NT vision is for the team.

Regarding Maria, NNZ and NT can make up their own minds.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

If Maria does anything like her husband, then she will be out of Ferns. Don’t need that behaviour and attitude in the Ferns.
    And she will get dropped from Tbirds.
    Surely she isn’t stupid enough to end her career being dropped/contract terminated because of homophobic remarks.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.