2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – PULSE v MYSTICS

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – PULSE v MYSTICS

This topic contains 113 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  minkie Apr 19, 2019 at 5:44 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Te Rauparaha Arena, Porirua
    WED APR 17, 7:40 PM

(5:40pm AEST, 5:10pm SA, 3:40pm WA, 8:40am UK)

Live streaming outside NZ: https://netballnz.streamamg.com/

Live scoring: http://mc.championdata.com/anz_premiership/index.html?competitionid=10574&matchid=105740803

Baller

NZChampion

That was an awesome article. Yvette and co should be so proud of themselves! I remember the dark days of the Pulse, when losing was a habit. Poor Katrina and her losing interviews every week. Its good to see her team at their best these days. But they’re not over the line yet. They certainly have been knocking on that finals door for a couple of years now. Good old Steel have been running the show since Noeline had them. Roll on finals.

Are Mystics a chance of making the final with two wins so far? If so, this competition needs adjustments. An extended season to allow these teams to settle combinations. Most of the teams are starting to peak now. Although Stars are starting to slump a bit.

mcleod

I actually think Yvette is a pretty good coach, yes they should have won last year, but they did have a few players in their 1st year of the ANZ.  That and some interesting umpiring in the final.

I know Yvette wasn’t great as the Ferns assistant coach, but prob didn’t get much say in what was going on.

Pulse look super fit, a lot of pre season work was done by some players, and it clearly shows.

Ian

Are Mystics a chance of making the final with two wins so far? If so, this competition needs adjustments. An extended season to allow these teams to settle combinations. Most of the teams are starting to peak now. Although Stars are starting to slump a bit.

They’re only a chance if they keep winning. At the moment, they’re still 3 wins behind 3rd place.

NZChampion

Ah thanks Ian.

TrentA

I actually think Yvette is a pretty good coach, yes they should have won last year, but they did have a few players in their 1st year of the ANZ. That and some interesting umpiring in the final.

I know Yvette wasn’t great as the Ferns assistant coach, but prob didn’t get much say in what was going on.

Pulse look super fit, a lot of pre season work was done by some players, and it clearly shows.

I find the first para really odd.

Yvette is a good Coach, who in the GF substituted an in form GA for a player who had had very little court time up to the finals.

Many, many people raved about the Pulse all season and how fit they were and how good they were and how all of the young players deserved too be in the ANZC. But because they lost that GF it was due to inexperience? Perhaps they lacked GF experience, but they were up 10 or 11 goals at one stage in that game, and up by 6 then allowed Steel to run in the last 7 goals. And with time to draw, Kersten froze and instead of letting the ball go to Dunn as she had all game she passed back to the transverse line which meant Ekenasio when she go the ball with about 2 seconds too go had to shoot with speed to try and draw the game.

And I don’t recall anyone at the time commenting that the Umpiring was at fault.

Look, Pulse were the inform team last year and should’ve won the GF. But they didn’t. But lets credit Steel with some ability here. They played until the last whistle and pinched the game at the death. Just like England did in the CGs final and Australia has done so many times to the SFs.

Pulse have started really well again this season, and I’m sure given their current form they will/should win the title this year. But if they don’t it won’t be because of inexperience or the Umpiring. It will be because when the pressure goes on they crack. That’s the biggest issue McCausland-Durie and Edge have to overcome. And I bet despite what they all say that GF last year is niggling just under the surface.

Baller

TrentA

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball/112060959/taking-care-of-amazing-grace-nweke

This girl has a lot on her plate!

But it sounds as though she is really grounded and supported well.

This situation makes me respect Helene Wilson a lot. She knows she could exploit the skill and talent  but isn’t and by the sounds of it won’t.

Rasmussen is a good example to look at. A player discovered young who never pushed on to higher honours.

No two ways about it Nweke is a talent. But even she recognizes she’s not up to Silver Ferns yet.

Baller

This is a big game for both sides. Really hope Kersten has a strong game and puts the pressure on Earle. In fact, Burger, Rore and Kersten all need to on their game tonight!

NZChampion

I have no doubt Pulse will win. But the scoreline isn’t what I will be watching tonight. I’m only here for Nweke and how she performs against a full court defensive effort.
    Also if Earl, Mes, Toeava and Iversen can feed her as well as they have been. They sure will be tested tonight.

I’m actually hoping Pulse shut them down! Because going into WCs, this type of attack end is exactly what we will be facing. Except they will be fed so much more accurately. Let’s be honest, Mystics attackers are probably the worst in the ANZP.

minkie

Mystics attackers worst in ANZ?
    So Tactix are better?

NZChampion

Well the beginning of the season. Yes. That’s excluding Earle. Nweke has made them look good IMO recently. When really those passes would have went to the empty stands for anyone else.

Waylay

Toeava starting on the bench for the Mystics tonight. Karaka still out.

Mystics

GS: Mes

GA: Hume

WA: Iverson

C: Earle

WD: Kukutai

GD: Sokolich-Beatson

GK: Mikaere

Pulse

GS: Dunn

GA: Ekenasio

WA: Souness

C: Kersten

WD: Burger

GD: Rore

GK: Fitzpatrick

Baller

Respect for Wilson looking after/ managing  Nweke. No surprises with the Pulse. Toeava doesn’t play well against Burger for obvious reasons.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.