2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – MAGIC v TACTIX

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – MAGIC v TACTIX

This topic contains 104 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Baller Apr 19, 2019 at 7:23 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    TACTIXSUPPORTER

Nweke Wilson McPhee Dunn Bird O’Connell. So exciting for the future of NNZ at GS!

TrentA

I thought the magic were quite lucky given all those changes in the 3rd quarter.

Personally I think Sinclair is playing better now because Cable-Dixon is on at WA. They should have had that starting 6 (I’m excluding the GS) right the start of the season.

I thought the same thing when I saw the ACD had been replaced by Fraser. Why?

And immediately play resumed Fraser made so many errors and continued to make errors for that 3rd qtr. Luckily Kopua and Jury were able to reverse them and get ball back. TBH I can’t see what Fraser adds.

Nesian

Tactix should try and sign Latu Meafou or Metuarau. Type of GA needed.

I don’t think the Pulse shooters will be together next year so it would be a great opportunity to try and get Eke down there.

Ekenasio won’t be moving from Wellington, unless it’s to go back to home (Australia).

Don’t be too sure, I’ve already heard rumours about Eke and I know the pulse are having informal discussions about next season already.

TrentA

Can I just point out that the NZ GSs in the ANZP are playing excellent right now! Mcphee joins the 40+ goals in a game club. Rewind 3 years ago, we only had Latu and Wilson starting. Mes was a part time GS with Kumwenda. Amazing turn around.

And where have they all developed and started out?

Beko League.

Just goes to show how short sighted NNZ was in dropping the Lois Muir Cup way back when the ANZC started in 2008. Ran it for 2 years then dropped it.

TrentA

Didn’t watch the game but sounds like GA and GK were problems. Faka/Watson combo will HOPEFULLY be back together in 2020!!

Now to find GA……

Thing is the Watson/Fenwick combo was going ok. Especially when Watson was at GD and Fenwick at GK. Maybe they should play them they way all the time?

Lloyd was next to useless when she came on. In the Mikaere style, just stands and watches the ball fly in and then gets penalised for obstruction because she doesn’t move fast enough to position herself.

GA is the problem and has been for years.  And I don’t think Glen is the answer. Not yet anyway. I’d rate Georgia Heffernan better than Glen. Jamie Hume will be looking for a new team next year ;-)

TrentA

I don’t think the Pulse shooters will be together next year so it would be a great opportunity to try and get Eke down there.

Ekenasio won’t be moving from Wellington, unless it’s to go back to home (Australia).

Don’t be too sure, I’ve already heard rumours about Eke and I know the pulse are having informal discussions about next season already.

That could have potential to upset team dynamics surely?

Nesian

That could have potential to upset team dynamics surely?

Maybe the Pulse know that change is in the air? You have to wonder if Sulu will spend a third season away from her children,will Dunn stay for a third year? I heard that Eke wasn’t very happy with how last season played out and to top it off they offered her a downgraded contract so even last season she was contemplating moving but obviously they came to some agreement.

NZChampion

Eke looks happy though, both on and off the court. She looks settled with her little family in Wellington. I can’t see her moving and Pulse would be stupid to break the team up when they could possibly form a dynasty for years to come. They have produced some awesome netballers, so I guess losing some wouldn’t hurt them too much. Especially middies.

Nesian

Eke looks happy though, both on and off the court. She looks settled with her little family in Wellington. I can’t see her moving and Pulse would be stupid to break the team up when they could possibly form a dynasty for years to come. They have produced some awesome netballers, so I guess losing some wouldn’t hurt them too much. Especially middies.

Sometimes it just comes down to money. I know quite a few of them are on 3rd party payments to help boost their salary but there is only so much that can go around. If I were the Tactix, Stars, Mystics I’d be offering Eke a lot of money to move.

Baller

Sometimes the location isn’t worth the money regarding house prices and relocating the family. Still this season to get through and the WCs.

NZChampion

Sometimes it just comes down to money. I know quite a few of them are on 3rd party payments to help boost their salary but there is only so much that can go around. If I were the Tactix, Stars, Mystics I’d be offering Eke a lot of money to move.

True. Money is a factor and probably in the back of all their minds. But let’s be honest, netball isn’t going set you up financially for life after netball. I’d love to see netballers walk around with diamonds, rolex watches, lambos and gucci clothing, mansions (plural) lol. That’s why Langman took that time off to discover what she really wants to do after netball. So if Eke really wants to chase the money, chase a career for life after netball. Stay with Pulse for my own selfish reasons of keeping her form and combination with her brilliant team. 😬 But I hear what you’re saying. That’s a tough one.

TB

Nope, McPhee a deserved MVP.

Still think Sinclair was great. Is she being considered for the WCs? I keep reading about Poi but also remember there’s lots of talk about the centre court still being uncertain.

I watched that to see Falkner. Stats wise she shot less than a third of the Magic’s total, ie less than TPSR yesterday. But she does a power of work outside the circle too.

This is why I would like to see her in the Ferns. TBH I havent at all seen any of these games, but I have been a fan of Falkner (moreso her movement) for a while.

Aus have great moving GA’s, who have the ability to easily slot into WA. NZs Goal attacks, are normally natural GSs – IMO this is why the Ferns struggle.

Again I will say this, I have NOT seen any of the games this year – but my pick for shooters would be Wilson/Mes/Folau and Falkner. I see Dunn is really dominating, so would have either her or Wilson but not both. I want Mes in there, to add a point of difference for GS.  Mes – athletic, amazing elevation and very handy defensively, Wilson/Dunn – strong hold, accurate and a real presence in the circle. Falkner would work in well with a quick speedy midcourt and setting up for her GS. We all know what Folau offers.

mcleod

Nope, McPhee a deserved MVP.

Still think Sinclair was great. Is she being considered for the WCs? I keep reading about Poi but also remember there’s lots of talk about the centre court still being uncertain.

I watched that to see Falkner. Stats wise she shot less than a third of the Magic’s total, ie less than TPSR yesterday. But she does a power of work outside the circle too.

This is why I would like to see her in the Ferns. TBH I havent at all seen any of these games, but I have been a fan of Falkner (moreso her movement) for a while.

Aus have great moving GA’s, who have the ability to easily slot into WA. NZs Goal attacks, are normally natural GSs – IMO this is why the Ferns struggle.

Again I will say this, I have NOT seen any of the games this year – but my pick for shooters would be Wilson/Mes/Folau and Falkner. I see Dunn is really dominating, so would have either her or Wilson but not both. I want Mes in there, to add a point of difference for GS. Mes – athletic, amazing elevation and very handy defensively, Wilson/Dunn – strong hold, accurate and a real presence in the circle. Falkner would work in well with a quick speedy midcourt and setting up for her GS. We all know what Folau offers.

Um I think you have forgotten Ekenasio.  She is ahead of all those 4.

ahdz

Ellie Bird has improved so much since last year! But loving seeing the Magic WIN again lol

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Bird will be an even bigger force if they can get the RIGHT type of GA for her

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.