2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – MAGIC v TACTIX

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 8 – MAGIC v TACTIX

This topic contains 104 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Baller Apr 19, 2019 at 7:23 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    mcleod

I reckon Sinclair will be MVP.

I said earlier but Sinclair working her way back into the second C spot (behind Langman)

But can they afford to take 2 C/WD.  Sinclair was awful in the Jan Quad.  Taurua will remember that, she is like Rore to inconsistant.

mcleod

BibsInTheAir

McPhee MVP, thought it should have been Sinclair but still well deserved.

Baller

I said earlier but Sinclair working her way back into the second C spot (behind Langman)

But can they afford to take 2 C/WD. Sinclair was awful in the Jan Quad. Taurua will remember that, she is like Rore to inconsistant.

Who then as a second C? Sinclair outclassed Poi in this game.

JR

Nope, McPhee a deserved MVP.

Still think Sinclair was great. Is she being considered for the WCs? I keep reading about Poi but also remember there’s lots of talk about the centre court still being uncertain.

I watched that to see Falkner. Stats wise she shot less than a third of the Magic’s total, ie less than TPSR yesterday. But she does a power of work outside the circle too.

JR

Nweke against Rore? How is that going to happen?

mcleod

But can they afford to take 2 C/WD. Sinclair was awful in the Jan Quad. Taurua will remember that, she is like Rore to inconsistant.

Poi is a no from me.  But we need a 2nd option at WA, Crampton (guess she is the number 1 WA), can’t play all the games, Souness is a WA/C option, for the lesser games.  Unless Burger goes in as a circle defender, but used at WD, then there is room for another mid court option.

mcleod

Nweke against Rore? How is that going to happen?

Wednesday night.

JR

How, not when!

Will Rore play GK instead of Fitzpatrick?

Ian

Full time: Magic 57 v Tactix 50

McPhee 40/46 (87%)
    Falkner 17/19 (89%)

Bird 43/46 (93%)
    Beveridge 5/10 (50%)
    Leaver 2/3 (67%)

Assists: Sinclair 18
    Gains: Kopua, Jury, Watson 6

MVP: McPhee

mcleod

How, not when!

Will Rore play GK?

Maybe, she used to play there for the Ferns back in the day.

NZChampion

Yeah she really was awful then. In saying that, she was up against world class players. The lack of playing alongside the girls really showed. But she’s playing extremely well now back in C. I’m kind of mad at Amigene for not recognising that earlier. But she is a full 60 min C now. Hallelujah!

Baller

Poi is a no from me. But we need a 2nd option at WA, Crampton (guess she is the number 1 WA), can’t play all the games, Souness is a WA/C option, for the lesser games. Unless Burger goes in as a circle defender, but used at WD, then there is room for another mid court option.

Poi is also a no from me. I would like to see the second C with at least some court time in the ANZ prem at C. Some problem with Kersten WD/C.

mcleod

Magic have some hard games left, 2 against the Pulse, and 1 against the Steel, Mystics and Tactix.  So if Sinclair can impress in the last 5 games, then yes she is a option.

How she goes against the Pulse will be a telling factor.

Waylay

Sinclair has been in my Ferns 12 all along. Take Sinclair and Langman as C/WD cover and then take Burger as a GD/WD. Sinclair’s CWG efforts deserve so much praise, she was the shining light for the ferns during that campaign and that needs to stand for something

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.