2019 ANZP ROUND 3 – STARS v MYSTICS

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 3 – STARS v MYSTICS

This topic contains 62 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  NZChampion Mar 15, 2019 at 10:49 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Bluebird

Tayla Earle looks to have the goods, another young player, speedy mid court option. Stars seemed to falter a bit when Temepara went off, really not a fan of Holly Fowler in a C, but they have no other options, apparently there were comments from people at the game, about the amount of, off the ball contact, that was not seen or didn’t want to be seen by the umpires.

There seems to be less whistle than normal in this years ANZ, which all goes well for the Ferns, none of this stopping and waiting, looking at the umpire.

MSB foot over the line was hilarious.

Itba@94

Mystics held ball didn’t feel like it was a held ball as compared to Halpenny who took longer & wasn’t even called for a held ball.

paul2011

I’m still a Mes fan, and hope she finds her best form soon.

None of the NZ GA’s have really put their hand up for WC selection this year, which might help her cause!

Otherwise a Ferns shooting end of Bird/Dunn/Folau and Ekenasio would be pretty good, though possibly light on GA cover?

minkie

Lol Paul thanks

Think the whole teams in dire straits as well as coach.  Feel for all of them.

Kind of ironic, Magic loose by 20, not much said.  Mystics loose by 5 and the banchees are called.  Crazy.

ahdz

Minkie, it’s because of two Beko players pulling them back closer and the Stars taking the foot off the pedal lol.

minkie

Sorry dont get you ahdz

ahdz

Nweke and Earle are both Beko level players and they were the difference in closing the gap last night. The shooting stats for the Mystics were shocking, I know Hume “moves” well but she shot at like 57% lol

minkie

K thanks didnt realise Earle came on as well and actually didnt notice Humes stats.

Had a feeling Mystics would loose but fully expected it to be more than 5 goals.

jabes

Yourve really got it in for Bailey havent you Mcleod, youre having a right field day on social media, sad.

Hope not TS, hope she gives it away and has a normal life, who needs the grief

Personally, if I was Mes I would care less about random strangers on the internet and the media saying my shooting stats are low, but more about my Aunt getting on forums (that quite a lot of the netballers read) and saying that I should give the sport away.

minkie

Fair point Jabes

But I see the bigger picture where these girls need to have a life too although you using the word Aunt was nice (not, kettle a black there lol).  Have we forgotten so quickly the hell Sharni went through?

ahdz

If I played I’d steer clear of this place 😂😂😂

Maryann

If I played I’d steer clear of this place 😂😂😂

NZ players and their families are asked not to look on Social Media.

minkie

Lol ahdz and yep maryann

minkie

I’m hoping ppls take it easy on the shooter that replaced Nat, ATN is it?

Kat

I am so pleased the score wasn’t a blow out like the last two games.

Yes, it was great to see the new GS, I hope she is going to be well looked after.  I am sure after this game all the other teams will be looking at how she plays.  As de Bruin said the stars had not done there homework on Nweke.

Also great to see Tayla out there on court.  I hope the Mystics give her a quarter or half each game.  She is looking good for the future.

Yes the shooting stats are not the good, but so is most of the other shooters in the league.

I still think Mes is pretty awesome.  I would love it, if she came back to the Tactixs again.

The Mystics always promise so much each year, but they always seem to blow it. It has been going on for years right back to the ANZ Championship.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.