2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – TACTIX v STEEL

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – TACTIX v STEEL

This topic contains 63 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  James May 17, 2019 at 7:16 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    JJ23

What does Te Paea have to do to get Player of the match???

mcleod

Watson went down at the end grabbed her calf, should be only cramp, as that does happen a bit with her, fingers crossed!!!!, lots of fingers crossed.

NZChampion

Well done Steel, too bloody good.

Pretty sure that was Birds only bad game this season? Statistically that is.

Nesian

What does Te Paea have to do to get Player of the match???

Yup, I would have picked her as my MVP also.

Off night for Bird, I did see she was complaining about Erwood touching her elbow when she was shooting and she was, umps need to keep an eye on that.

Great comeback by the Steel, sad capitulation by the Tactix.

mcleod

I would say TP S-R has prob booked her spot to the WC, looked out of sorts from the 1st half of the anz, but is coming into some good form.

Ian

Tactix 56 v Steel 64

Bird 45/56 (80%)
    Beveridge 8/10 (80%)
    Leaver 3/5 (60%)

Potgieter 44/48 (92%)
    TP Selby-Rickit 20/21 (95%)

Assists: Crampton 25
    Gains: THR Selby-Rickit 6

MVP: Potgieter

Bluebird

I think Bird is the most improved player of the season. I was a critic in her first season, but she continues to grow.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Well, it was good for 1 quarter haha.

Steel are all class. Will be hard for Pulse in the final.  Stars won’t be a challenge at all.

Re Jen, what a was waste.  She should be a shooter but now back to playing GK. Hopefully Magic can sign her

mcleod

Well, it was good for 1 quarter haha.

Steel are all class. Will be hard for Pulse in the final. Stars won’t be a challenge at all.

Re Jen, what a was waste. She should be a shooter but now back to playing GK. Hopefully Magic can sign her

Doubt the Magic will sign Jen, they have Kelsey McPhee who has impressed me big time, prepared to shoot from anywhere.

Not sure where Jen will end up, unless NZ get rid of all imports, there may not be a spot for her, another reason to not be a fan of the Steel.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

McPhee can go off the boil.  Jen could be great back up and McPhee play GA if Falkner has an off game.

Just wasted on bench

Ash72

Jane Watson kept Potgeiter out of the game virtually single handedly for a whole quarter! Can any other GK ìn the world do that?

She’s my ANZ player of the season (I know it’s not over yet but she’s still my choice).

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Watson is holding that end together.  New defence partner and under performing team

mcleod

Wonder if Tactix might look at getting Latu-M for next season, them seem to have a knack of getting the best out of underperforming players.

TrentA

Well my Tactix friends were all cock-a-hoop after the first quarter. As were the crowd.

Me, I sat there very silent and waited for normal service to resume.

But giving credit to Watson, Fenwick and Elley for the amazing defence work in that first quarter.

I said Steel will make this up – but I really and truly didn’t expect them to only take 1 quarter to do so. Every 50/50 ball that went Tactix’ way in the first quarter started going Steels way. But to give them credit Steel flicked the ‘On’ switch and started to defend, chase down loose ball and really connect.

So at half-time the crowd were stunned, my friends had all shut-up and I was sitting more comfortably.

Enjoyed the second half. 😉

TPSR showed her class last night. Her court work has been good all season (well perhaps not in the 16 goal drubbing from Pulse), but her shot has been ‘off’. Well not tonight. I reckon she’s back to her best and shaken off whatever was affecting her.

Now one more Prelim game next Wednesday in Invercargill, then the Preliminary Final in Invercargill. Both against Stars. Can’t wait.

Kat

Wonder if Tactix might look at getting Latu-M for next season, them seem to have a knack of getting the best out of underperforming players.

I just hope that the Leaver experiment is now over.  I would like the tactix to look at the world cup and the GA playing there.  I certainly am on board to get a great import who can play GA.   Charlee Hodges from the Stars would be better than we have now.  Yes, I know I will get shot down and by all the NZers.  But I want the Tactix to win games.

At the moment there is no GA except for Ekenasio playing really well.  All the other semi decent GA at other franchises are not going to move.

I would like a decent import (not Beveridge/corbin) who is currently playing for their national team or in VNSL.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.