2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – PULSE v STARS

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – PULSE v STARS

This topic contains 48 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Baller May 14, 2019 at 11:53 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    mcleod

Burger a D machine.

A definite Silver Fern for WC.

Would hope so.

JR

Stars 67% …

Baller

Burger a D machine.

Certainly, in those 5 mins a good argument to take Burger as a D over midcourt.

mcleod

Burger a D machine.

Agree, and hat would give another mid court option I’d go with Kersten C/WD

TrentA

Stars 67% …

And that was down to the GA stats. Happenny 30%, Hodges 58%. Wilson ended on 80%

Baller

Burger a D machine.

Yes Kersten for me too… others might suggest someone else

Nesian

Good game from the Pulse and Rore deserved the MVP.

Dunn had a poor shooting game by her standards but it was awesome to see Tiana get a decent run and she is just so creative with her feeds. Eke was class in both GA and GS.

Burger is indeed a machine and surely must have her ticket booked for the WC now.

Stars had a poor game but I still wouldn’t take them lightly come semi-finals against the Steel, they have beaten them this year so one never knows but they need to improve a lot.

mcleod

Burger a D machine.

Yes Kersten for me too… others might suggest someone else

Crampton, Souness, Langman, Kersten.  Maria, Ekenasio, Dunn, Falkner.  Watson, Kopua, Burger, Jury.

TrentA

Stars need to go after Maddy Gordon for next season. She is from Auckland and deserves a starting spot.

Guyza

Stars were dreadful. Wilson had my NWC spot over Dunn after the first few rounds, but IMO Dunn has locked it away – takes some pretty rubbish passes and adds height that SFs are otherwise lacking. Feel sorry for Wilson as Bailey’s feeding is really stagnant, and MRB is a bit error prone. Hodges has begun to frustrate me a bit because I feel as though she really could be outstanding, but hasn’t really clicked yet this season – maybe returning to T’Birds will do her well. I think Bowden mentioned about how she doesn’t change pace and drive as often as you’d think she might.

Burger a lock for NWC, and I would take her as a D player 100% because more middies are needed to share the load in a tournament style comp. I think Rore does warrant selection also, but wonder if out of the partnership with Fitzpatrick might be less effective (as others have commented).

Well, looking forward to Pulse v Steel in a few week’s time! Should be a cracker, especially given Pulse play so much better at TSB and won’t have that luxury.

Bluebird

The commentary was so soporific. It made a dull match even more unwatchable.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Stars should go after Gordon.  Play C with RB AT WA. Nice fast midcourt.

ahdz

Kind of feels like everyone bar Stars have improved as the seasons progressed. Luckily for them they had the start to he season they did because they aren’t looking like third place

starsfan

Well as a Stars fan I’m pretty disappointed- in fact that was tragic! There wasn’t much to like about that game.

The defence got chewed up and so did the attacking end. It’s as simple as that really.

The issue for the Stars is consistency. Wilson played better tonight but she has been out of form for awhile now. Halpenny is on and off and doesn’t do enough to create another attacking option when bringing the ball down. I thought Reuelu played strong in the first half but struggled in that third quarter. Bailey hmmmm – feeling a bit sorry for her to be honest. She looks tired.

Overall just really disappointed. I knew they wouldn’t win but was hoping for a respectable loss lol. They need to recruit a strong GA and C next year. Would be awesome if Poi went to the Stars but don’t see that happening.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I hope Poi remains at Tactix! But can see RB being a draw card for her

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.