2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – MAGIC v MYSTICS

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – MAGIC v MYSTICS

This topic contains 73 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  TB May 16, 2019 at 11:57 am.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Jinxibo

Mather was very very good, she didn’t give Toeava an inch

Nweke will get better, don’t forget she was, possibly still is, a high jumper so there is a level of discipline there but not ready for a black dress…yet!

Nweke is much better than Rowe, she can catch the ball and get her own rebounds. She needs a mentor and better coaching. Me thinks she might get pulled as a training partner for the SF or she’ll be in the NZ all stars team. 

As I’ve said previously Mystics have a poor history at feeding tall shooters.

mcleod

Steel might need some shooters in 2020. Potigeter will surely be targeted by Adelaide at least

8 teams in the SSN isn’t enough for all the import shooters, Mwai K will be back in 2020, Thwaites what are her plans?.  Maria is done and dusted almost, could well end up with just 1 Aus GS in 2020.  To see Keria Austin bench sit at the Giants is such a waste.

But such is life, they want the greatest comp in the world, me I’m happy to see the development of the young NZ shooters and players.

I have watched some of the SSN games, and have yet to see the wow factor, Vixens look by far the best full court team.  Others nope not even close.

TrentA

Steel might need some shooters in 2020. Potigeter will surely be targeted by Adelaide at least

8 teams in the SSN isn’t enough for all the import shooters, Mwai K will be back in 2020, Thwaites what are her plans?. Maria is done and dusted almost, could well end up with just 1 Aus GS in 2020. To see Keria Austin bench sit at the Giants is such a waste.

But such is life, they want the greatest comp in the world, me I’m happy to see the development of the young NZ shooters and players.

I have watched some of the SSN games, and have yet to see the wow factor, Vixens look by far the best full court team. Others nope not even close.

To be fair, the SSN is only into Round 3.

Think back to Round 3 of the ANZP and how ordinary some potential SFs candidates were looking.

Mind you, Taurua will be announcing her WC squad at the completion of Preliminary Rounds and just before finals. Alexander and Neville have to do theirs at hte start of the SSN and some of their selections will be based on past performance rather than current form.

Nesian

From what I hear they are all good for next season at this stage so I’m assuming Potgieter signed a two year deal?

Maybe Jen O’Connell will get into the Steel good books again if Potgeiter leaves then?

Such a waste on the bench when she was a starter the season before. No wonder her shooting % has gone down.

I hope she goes to Magic. The Steel haven’t treated her very well to be honest but that’s professional sport.

The more I think about it the more I think that only the Mystics would offer Nweke a contract. She’s not a finished product and you wouldn’t pick her over the Pulse, Steel,Tactix or Stars GS’s so the Magic would be the only other place where she might go but even then would they want her over McPhee at this stage? The Magic would have a lot of money next season with Casey finishing up and I wonder if they will make a play for Bird as isn’t she up from around there?

minkie

Jens the only player I really hope does move as its blatantly obvious she’s been treated badly by Steel. Hope she goes somewhere where she can grow andnot bench sit, watching. If NZ wants to bring players through she’s a great future Ferns.

NZChampion

Yep, poor Jen. I hate to see our homegrowns on the bench. Especially one as talented as her. I am however glad Potgeiter got the gig, its very handy having our defence ends up against her. She moves so well and shoots so differently to everyone else with that low release.

One more new team hopefully in the works. Bring back Otago Rebels lol. We have so much talent on the benches that could thrive in a starting spot. Some exciting talent in the Beko coming through as well.

I’m super excited for the announcement! All the girls look physically ready for WCs. Most are playing some great netball. Others have redeemed themselves after a bad game, which is all they can do.

Jinxibo

I’d like to see Jen at Magic next season. It would improve her game and Jurys.

Perhaps we would see McPhee running at GA !!!

kgod

I’d like to see Jen at Magic next season. It would improve her game and Jurys.

Perhaps we would see McPhee running at GA !!!

And then perhaps Faulkner  down to Tactix  with Bird?

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Waikato and Central dominated the 2019 Beko League, I wonder if any players will step up to ANZ next year. Gordon deserves a starting spot.

Greer Sinclair is one hell of a talented WD GD. Maybe a replacement for Kopua?

Edgecombe, Williams have both played a few minutes for Magic.  Williams is only 17 and shooting 50 plus goal games! 51/55 against Marvels last week.

For Central, Tui will surely get a contract somewhere.

So many young players coming through.

I would like to see teams increase to 11 or 12 players.  2 extra youth players to learn from bench.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I would love to see SB move to partner with Jury.  Will be great for netball NZ.

NZChampion

I would love to see SB move to partner with Jury. Will be great for netball NZ.

Yep, would love to see MSB move to Magic. I think Jury and Kopua haven’t really combined as well as expected.

I totally agree about Falkner to Tactix! 😍 The final link to complete their 7.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Tactix will get a new GA……

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Just hope it’s the right type of player to work with Bird

TB

Just hope it’s the right type of player to work with Bird

Charlee Hodges would work in well with her

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.