2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – MAGIC v MYSTICS

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – MAGIC v MYSTICS

This topic contains 73 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  TB May 16, 2019 at 11:57 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Ash72

Yeah I noticed that at last week’s game, pressure on Grace to shoot. Unsure if that’s the game plan or what. Interesting your comparisons on CBass and Georgia, one of who I don’t know and the other being Caitlin I assumed she was the way she is now.

Yeah, I don’t know if there are any old youtube videos of Caitlin Basset’s early games in ANZ as it was, but she was very “fumbly”. In contrast Nweke is already pulling in some very ambitious feeds. I also think her shot is better and more accurate when she isn’t directly under the post (the hardest place to shoot from in my opinion 😀), it’s definitely an encouraging start for her though.

minkie

Thank you for that re Grace

Amazing I just can’t picture Caitlin in her early yrs ever being fumbly, she makes shooting look so easy.  But there you go.

minkie

I noticed in today’s game with Peace is it?  Grace does similar actions.  With there arms, they catch the ball, swivel and straighten there arms quick as lightening and in it goes.

Nesian

Mystics hopefully have Nweke signed up, or other franchises will target her. Universities will come into the equation

If they signed her on this year then I’m sure they will be offering her a decent contract for next year. That being said you would have Toeava, Mes, Karaka, Mikaere, and MSB who would take the majority of the salary cap.

Unsure what her plans are TS but you can guarantee other clubs will be doing there sums and offering the world

I really don’t think so. Steel, Tactix, Pulse and Stars would all be very happy with their GS’s at the moment and I doubt if they would offer her a contract at all.

minkie

Disagree lol, but we’ll see for next year 😊

minkie

Think a few of those players you mentioned there contracts might be up for renewal so who knows what next year brings

Nesian

Disagree lol, but we’ll see for next year 😊

But why would any of the clubs I mentioned want to sign a shooter who has a pretty low percentage (in saying that I see Maia is way down this year so maybe Stars might try after all)?

Bluebird

Georgia Rowe has taken forever to learn how to catch the ball under pressure. Her dad bought her to the attention of Melissa Hyndman who was then coach of Wales and Celtic Dragons. Not a natural netballer, it was always about her height. Taken a very long time to aquire skills.

As for Brice I do think the whole thing was handled badly and it did feel that she was barely given a chance. I wonder if the whole debacle will make it difficult for Mystics to recruit talent from other clubs or even import players.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Steel might need some shooters in 2020. Potigeter will surely be targeted  by Adelaide at least

TheBroadbean

Maybe Jen O’Connell will get into the Steel good books again if Potgeiter leaves then?

Such a waste on the bench when she was a starter the season before. No wonder her shooting % has gone down.

TheBroadbean

Grace Nweki is such a talent though. I mean she’s 17!!

What other 17 year old can start games in the ANZ. She can only get better if you ask me.

That amazing height – can you imagine how good she will be if she gets the right coaching and mentoring.

minkie

‘As for Brice I do think the whole thing was handled badly and it did feel that she was barely given a chance. I wonder if the whole debacle will make it difficult for Mystics to recruit talent from other clubs or even import players.’

Only if the fault was Mystics themselves, we’re just assuming thats the case when it might’nt have been at all. Easier to blame a club than the player
    Who in there right mind would drop a player for no good reason (thats if ‘they’ dropped her) and have to continue fulfilling her contract.

Ian

Jinxibo

Well said Allied 😊

+ 1

Jinxibo

Bye Bye Casey :cray:

Have to admit she was the reason why I began supporting Magic.

She had a good game and the team stepped up to support her, brilliant.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.