2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – MAGIC v MYSTICS

Home Forum New Zealand 2019 ANZP ROUND 12 – MAGIC v MYSTICS

This topic contains 73 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  TB May 16, 2019 at 11:57 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Dissy

Congrats to the Magic. Seems the new shooter run has come to an end, the umpires are finally catching her contact..good for them. Now all they need to see in her bad foot work. I don’t think she is ready for World Cup.

Goodness me, Dissy, your sour grapes are dripping off the page

No sour grapes……..Nweke’s game has dropped…it was bound to happen as the umpires pick up her contact and bad footwork and the defence learning her game and shutting her down.  Or course it wouldn’t matter what I said, you wouldn’t agree anyway..so  I guess it doesn’t matter to me if you do or not….

Dissy

Congrats to the Magic. Seems the new shooter run has come to an end, the umpires are finally catching her contact..good for them. Now all they need to see in her bad foot work. I don’t think she is ready for World Cup.

Wow, seriously we know that Kristina is your niece but this sort of comment is not doing anyone any favours. Support your family yes of course, but no need to bring anyone else down. You have been very critical of posts in the past who were much less harsh on Kristina saying that she was a young girl and that people shouldn’t say anything negative.

I’m allowed to have an opinion…….and it seems that my opinion isn’t worth anything on here unless I agree with you. Well, I don’t and like i said above, her game was always going to slip when the above occurred….thank you for your time

Dissy

Goodness me, Dissy, your sour grapes are dripping off the page

She was up against a GK the same height as her, and one of if not the best defender the game has ever seen. The way Kopua played today would have outplayed and shooter, the coach needs to be given the blame for playing Nweke for 60 min, the was not shooting well, changes should have been made.

Nweke is inexperienced that is my point……….and with more experience she will outsmart her opponents…..not at the moment

Dissy

Good on Magic *grumble grumble*

Nah all things considered I’m rapt Casey had such a great last home crowd game.

As for Grace, god the kids only 17 and only been in the comp 6 games? Give her a chance.

Whatever happened with Kristina, it isn’t Casey or Graces fault.

On a side note I just got sent a picture from my nephew (B’s cousin) along with his family who went to support Casey as well as Bailey along with Bs parents. My 5 yr old great nephew was holding up a card GO BAILEY while my 7 yr old other great nephew was holding another card with GO CASEY.

I loved it ❤

Thank you Minkie for your comment, but I don’t seem to remember mentioning Casey……just made a comment on Nweke which seemed to be the general consensus but because I’m Brice’s aunt, I have sour grapes, I need to give her a break because she is 17….you guys sledge whoever you like without anyone raising any connections to players and because I’m Brice’s aunt that is the only reason I would comment…give me a break, not a very objective site…

Nesian

Nweke is good for her age but other than that without a doubt it’s her leaping ability and height that has got her to where she is. If you were to compare her with Metuarau in her first year when she was only 16 the skill gap is massive between the two. Nweke will get better but again and I said weeks ago she’s a no go for the WC and the fact Jenny May still thinks she should go just shows what little she really knows.

Wilson always gets the blame for poor coaching and she has made a few blunders but the Mystics were within reach on several occasions this game but just poor mistakes let them down but we probably would have been moaning if she took Nweke off and put Hume on.

minkie

Oh Dissy yourve got everyone disagreeing with your comment from both sides of the ditch and you still can’t see it.  And some of that commented normally don’t agree with other ever lol.

Be honest.

The only reason your having a go at either  Grace or Mystics in general is because of whatever happened with Kristina.

Don’t stuff up Kristinas future by posting your angst here, believe me it changes nothing but can do so much damage. 😊

minkie

Agree Nesian re Grace isn’t ready for WC and also Helenes decisions.  The games been played so it is what it is.

Ash72

Lisa Mather was very good and totally outplayed Toeava. MSB excellent as usual and think it was poor coaching not to move her into GD when it was obvious Karaka wasn’t being effective.

Agree with everyone in that this was Magic’s best game and a wonderful final outing for Casey.

Nweke, whilst very young and lacking the necessary court craft to play internationally, is already streets ahead of where GS’s such as CBass and Wales’ Georgia Rowe (who both had extremely soft hands and couldn’t catch the ball) were when they started out: she is going to be incredible in a few years provided she gets good coaching. Imagine if she was in a stronger franchise such as Steel or Pulse, where the attacking players around her were supporting her more effectively and there wasn’t as much pressure on her to score the majority of the goals…..

minkie

Yeah I noticed that at last week’s game, pressure on Grace to shoot.  Unsure if that’s the game plan or what.  Interesting your comparisons  on CBass and Georgia, one of who I don’t know and the other being Caitlin I assumed she was the way she is now.

Dissy

Oh Dissy yourve got everyone disagreeing with your comment from both sides of the ditch and you still can’t see it. And some of that commented normally don’t agree with other ever lol.

Be honest.

The only reason your having a go at either Grace or Mystics in general is because of whatever happened with Kristina.

Don’t stuff up Kristinas future by posting your angst here, believe me it changes nothing but can do so much damage. 😊

Minkie…I fail to see how my comments impact on Kris who has moved back to Australia……As far as my angst,  my  comments have nothing to do with Kris, she has moved on……..so please stop making this personal and about Kris, I have learnt on scoop it’s ok to be brutal about the players and the coaches….I’ve been reading this information for so long and have decided that I too can be open about what I think and will continue to do so………Kris doesn’t read this rubbish…and I’m thinking that she might have a point by not coming  here and reading the comments from keyboard warriors

minkie

Oh for god’s sake

Making it personal?  Lordy calling the kettle black there lol

Get over yourself and hassle something else, you got booted off Download, where to next?

AllieC

But the comments you made about Grace Dissy were very negative and “keyboard warrior” like yourself. Others have made comments about her inexperience and areas of improvement without them coming across nasty like yours.  When Kristina first started playing in the ANZC you were very vocal about any negative comment about her (denying you had any connection) so surely you can see that you are doing exactly what you were bagging others about?

minkie

Well said Allied 😊

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Mystics hopefully have Nweke signed up,  or other franchises will target her.

Universities will come into the equation

minkie

Unsure what her plans are TS but you can guarantee other clubs will be doing there sums and offering the world

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.