2019-2020 Silver Ferns Squads Announced

Home Forum New Zealand 2019-2020 Silver Ferns Squads Announced

This topic contains 50 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Pardalote Sep 15, 2019 at 11:55 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    NZChampion

Ravillion did it 😉. I think those rules will be overlooked these days. Poi has gained some valuable experience in the SSN. NNZ have changed so many rules since NT entered. Times are changing.

Jinxibo

Katerina Cooper (not sure about the spelling). I don’t think she had retired but she wasn’t part of an ANZ team and Wai selected her for the con cup.

Hmm… am i right in thinking Noels can pick players from either squad for the con cup and Quad series?

Casey is gonna be hard to replace, I would have preferred an extra circle defence

mcleod

Katerina Cooper (not sure about the spelling). I don’t think she had retired but she wasn’t part of an ANZ team and Wai selected her for the con cup.

Hmm… am i right in thinking Noels can pick players from either squad for the con cup and Quad series?

Casey is gonna be hard to replace, I would have preferred an extra circle defence

Not sure what you are meaning by another circle defender.  Temalisi plays at GK, she might not be ready to return yet, but will be next year.

Burger, MSB, Rore, Watson, Karaka are all circle D options.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

SB will come in this series,  Faka needs more time to recover

Baller

Maybe Jinx is referring to the height, physical presence and vertical leap (on rebounds) that Kopua brings. I agree she will be hard to replace.

The real question is how important is ‘height’ in the circle if everyone is doing their job before the ball reaches the shooter under the net?

mcleod

Maybe Jinx is referring to the height, physical presence and vertical leap (on rebounds) that Kopua brings. I agree she will be hard to replace.

The real question is how important is ‘height’ in the circle if everyone is doing their job before the ball reaches the shooter under the net?

Well considering Jane Watson jumps higher than any other defender in NZ, It’s not a concern at all.  But yes the WD/GD will need to do their job.

Jinxibo

It’s all 3 – height, physical presence and vertical leap (thank you Baller).

I don’t think Noels will play MSB at GD against the Diamonds or England.

I would like to have seen Burger and Karaka play GD against the Diamonds and England at the WC (yes i know Burger has played there against Eng before). I feel they need to work on their physical presence.

Jane can’t do it all on her own. I just feel that the mere presence of Casey in the D would slow down some of the feeds into the circle.

mcleod

I would like to have seen Burger and Karaka play GD against the Diamonds and England at the WC (yes i know Burger has played there against Eng before). I feel they need to work on their physical presence.

Jane can’t do it all on her own. I just feel that the mere presence of Casey in the D would slow down some of the feeds into the circle.

Burger did have a physical presence against England.  It got her sent off. :aggressive: :aggressive:

TB

I’m hoping Karaka  gets the nod at GD. She has decent height, great elevation, and she also has good speed.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Faka will come back into Ferns in Jan. Good on NNZ for not rushing her.

I’d start with Burger at GD Watson GK.

Baller

We all know Langman will be the favoured C but to see 6 in total midcourters vying for spots is exciting.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

mcleod

We all know Langman will be the favoured C but to see 6 in total midcourters vying for spots is exciting.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Poi in the Con Cup.  Burger/Rore/Watson/Karaka could be used as the 4 defenders.  Just a thought.

Mooz

It’s almost a year to the day since Temalisi did her knee. I do hope she sits the CC out and comes back in for the January quad series.

I never again want to see a player rushed back too early from injury, Cobden redoing her ACL in the same knee was simply awful.

Jinxibo

Burger did have a physical presence against England.  It got her sent off. :aggressive: :aggressive:

I was going to make a joke about  Hartens acting but I couldn’t think of one. Burger was just clumsy and Jo milked it.

Jinxibo

I’m hoping Karaka  gets the nod at GD. She has decent height, great elevation, and she also has good speed.

me too, i really like her domestically at GD and i want to see her reproduce that against the top international teams

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.