2019-2020 Silver Ferns Squads Announced

Home Forum New Zealand 2019-2020 Silver Ferns Squads Announced

This topic contains 50 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Pardalote Sep 15, 2019 at 11:55 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    NettySuperFan

mcleod

Mix of young, mid age and older.  Seems like Laura and Maria will be staying on.  Aliyah Dunn drops out of the main squad.

Nice looking squads.

Baller

Maria and Laura included. I knew they couldn’t help themselves 😃😀

I know NT isnt sure of her future plans but I would love to see what she could do on a long term contract. So much talent in both squads.

Baller

Looks like more emphasis on the midcourt. Poi Souness, Sinclair

netballcrazy1

I knew when Obst said they were beginning negotiations to retain Folau, that there was still a glimmer of hope. Hopefully this means she is staying in Adelaide

NZChampion

2019-2020 Silver Ferns Squad:

Karin Burger
    Gina Crampton
    Ameliaranne Ekenasio
    Maria Folau
    Phoenix Karaka
    Laura Langman
    Bailey Mes
    Kimiora Poi
    Katrina Rore
    Shannon Saunders
    Te Paea Selby-Rickit
    Sam Sinclair
    Michaela Sokolich-Beatson
    Whitney Souness
    Jane Watson
    Maia Wilson

2019-2020 Silver Ferns Development Squad:

Ellie Bird
    Kate Burley
    Kayla Cullen
    Aliyah Dunn
    Tayla Earle
    Abby Erwood
    Temalisi Fakahokotau
    Monica Falkner
    Sulu Fitzpatrick
    Holly Fowler
    Maddy Gordon
    Kate Heffernan
    Kelly Jury
    Claire Kersten
    Tiana Metuarau
    Erena Mikaere
    Grace Nweke
    Erikana Pedersen

I really like this mix for both squads.

TB

This is a really silly question. BUT can you be retired domestically but not internationally?

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Cullen….. Suncorp contract so have approval?

NettySuperFan

This is a really silly question. BUT can you be retired domestically but not internationally?

I don’t think there is any rule against it, but would a coach pick a player to play internationally if they haven’t played a domestic season. If your talking about Folau or Langman, they could, but come next year when they haven’t had any the game time, there probably not worth selecting.

mcleod

I don’t think there is any rule against it, but would a coach pick a player to play internationally if they haven’t played a domestic season. If your talking about Folau or Langman, they could, but come next year when they haven’t had any the game time, there probably not worth selecting.

Langman made the Ferns last year after playing club Netball in Waikato, and no SSN or ANZ at all in 2018.

But I see both Maria and Laura playing the SSN in 2020.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

I won’t be surprised to now see Cullen named in a Suncorp team

mcleod

I won’t be surprised to now see Cullen named in a Suncorp team

She will have to do something super special in the SSN. Burger, M S-B, Rore,  are all WD/GD options and are in the main squad.

Cullen is a way down a the pecking order.

Maryann

not according to the selection criteria.  Eligibility Criteria 5.3 Whenever selecting players for any NZ National Squad or Team, including the Silver Ferns Squad and Teams, the Selection Panel shall apply the eligibility criteria (as determined in the INF Regulations), and other considerations as set out below. (a) To be eligible for selection in a National Squad or the Team, players must: (i) Be a New Zealand citizen (i.e. hold a New Zealand passport); or (ii) Be born in New Zealand or have at least one parent born in New Zealand; or (iii) Have resided in New Zealand for a period of twenty-four (24) months immediately prior to the start of the event the Team is participating in. The requisite period of residence shall be established by physical presence in New Zealand; and (iv) In the case of the Silver Ferns and Fast5 Ferns, players must be members of a New Zealand Team in the Netball Elite League; and (v) In the case of the NZA, NZU21 and other age grade teams players must be available for selection for a New Zealand Team in the Netball Elite League

TrentA

not according to the selection criteria.  Eligibility Criteria 5.3 Whenever selecting players for any NZ National Squad or Team, including the Silver Ferns Squad and Teams, the Selection Panel shall apply the eligibility criteria (as determined in the INF Regulations), and other considerations as set out below. (a) To be eligible for selection in a National Squad or the Team, players must: (i) Be a New Zealand citizen (i.e. hold a New Zealand passport); or (ii) Be born in New Zealand or have at least one parent born in New Zealand; or (iii) Have resided in New Zealand for a period of twenty-four (24) months immediately prior to the start of the event the Team is participating in. The requisite period of residence shall be established by physical presence in New Zealand; and (iv) In the case of the Silver Ferns and Fast5 Ferns, players must be members of a New Zealand Team in the Netball Elite League; and (v) In the case of the NZA, NZU21 and other age grade teams players must be available for selection for a New Zealand Team in the Netball Elite League

IMO (iv) above means they must be playing domestically.

Morts

Sonia Mkoloma did it at the 2015 WC!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.