2018 VITALITY NETBALL SUPERLEAGUE

Home Forum United Kingdom 2018 VITALITY NETBALL SUPERLEAGUE

This topic contains 383 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Ash72 Jul 17, 2018 at 4:05 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    NetballNay

Are any of the non-televised games being streamed on Facebook or Twitter? It’s such a shame that it’s so unaccessible unless you’re able to travel to the games & watch them live.

Ian

Northumbria v Bath

1/4 time: Bath 14-9
    1/2 time: Bath 27-23
    3/4 time: Bath 43-31

Ian

Lightning v Sirens

1/4 time: Lightning 16-11
    1/2 time: Lightning 32-23
    3/4 time: Lightning 46-33

TheBroadbean

Well Wasps have pretty much come out where they finished last season. All guns blazing to beat Surrey Storm 68-43.

Wasps played like the well oiled machine that they are and managed to get most of (if not all) players out on court.

Sam May started at GK against Sigi Burger and really got into her head as the GS took herself off mid way through the second quarter. She was brilliant, getting her hand to almost anything as Storm just kept fumbling passes into the circle. They really seemed to struggle to come together as a team. Jo Trip was playing just as well for Storm though at the other end but unfortunately the attackers weren’t able to convert their chances.

Rhea Dixon came on at GA and Katie Harris moved to GS and I thought it made a massive difference. I’ve watched her play in some of the Under 21 games and though she was a really good player so was pleased she came on and really took her chances. I think she should start the next game.

It was really good to see Sophia Candappa back on court after her ACL reconstruction last year.

Jade Clarke was her usual steady self and I love her feeding into the circle. Playing with Rachel Dunn internationally really showed as there was so much confidence in letting the ball go.

Fran Williams, another under 21 player was on court for Wasps and I was really impressed with her. She came on and got an intercept with her first touch of the ball.

Promising signs from Wasps. Storm need to go back to the drawing board although some of the changes did work but by then the damage had been made as Wasps just came out with their foot down.

Sam May got Player of the Match.

TheBroadbean

Would like to have seen the Lightning game – they ended with 6 players as Brie Grierson got sent off after 2 warnings!

Stars v Thunder sounded like a good game with Thunder just winning by 1 in the last seconds.

Hopefully Stars will be a bit more competitive this season.

Ian

Stars v Thunder

1/4 time: Stars 18-14
    1/2 time: Stars 30-20
    3/4 time: Stars 39-35

Ian

Must have been a great game. Big comeback from Thunder there. Stars up by 10 at half time!

Meanwhile just after the start of the 2nd Q…

Ian

Wasps v Storm

1/4 time: Wasps 17-8
    1/2 time: Wasps 35-19
    3/4 time: Wasps 52-30

Ian

Ash72

Pretty much agree with Broadbean’s summary of the Wasps V Storm match. Thought George Fisher had a great game and showed some good strength against Tripp in the shooting circle. Hope she has a fantastic season and seriously forces her way into the next Quad series team in place of Cardwell.
    Also, did anyone else notice Greenway stating that they would be losing “two players” to CWG, but then quickly change this to could be losing “a few people”…..does she know already who she’s losing (obvious two would be Haythornthwaite and Clarke)?!

Pardalote

Is there a law in England which says the EVERY image, post, tweet and video of Wasps should include a picture of their coach?

Ian

Pretty much. Nah, there was a recent tweet where it actually had a pic of the captain instead. Shock horror!

NetballNay

Also, did anyone else notice Greenway stating that they would be losing “two players” to CWG, but then quickly change this to could be losing “a few people”…..does she know already who she’s losing (obvious two would be Haythornthwaite and Clarke)?!

Could be Dunn as well? She’s got so much international experience, she could be a great option if Harten ends up missing the CWG due to injury.

Ash72

I’m fairly certain the England team has been picked. But there’s a process that needs to be followed for Comm. Games, plus an appeals process.

The other thing is, how long are these players missing for? One game? Two games?

I find it really difficult to find anything out about English netball on English sites, the England Netball website never seems up to date (in terms of the squads etc), I look to NS to answer these type of questions ?

TheBroadbean

Yeah I’ve tweeted them but not heard anything.

I think there are some issues they are trying to iron out before they can name the squad….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.